Consumer Reviews of Heil heat pumps

Read more about Heil heat pumps

Date created: 2011-06-16 Name: Don Prout
Location: Indianapolis

"Installed with care"
We had this unit install about two years ago and my wife and I couldn't be happier. We were going to go with another brand until the Heil contractor pointed out that he has had great luck with the product over the last 15 years. He has it in his own home. The installation quality was out standing. Energy bills drop by 30%. Thank you Craig

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Chris
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Nothing but problems"
Had it 6 years. Have had to have serviced every year I've had it, and not just the routine yearly service check. Coils have been replaced twice due to leaks. As long as it was under warranty, I had the coils replaced. Now the coils are leaking again. I'm past the 5 year warranty period, so coil replcement is no longer covered. I will be replacing the unit with something else. This unit has been a huge waste of money.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: Stephen Phillips
Location: Saltville, VA

"Do not buy Heil !"
Unit was extremely noisy when installed. Unacceptable. 4 way valve failed - needs replaced - out of warranty ! Leaks every year. Maintenance costs extremely unacceptable ! Have two Heils - problems every year. Have since purchased Carrier - great product no maintenance no failures no complaints. If Heil and Carrier are the same parent company why the difference in quality ?

Date created: 2011-03-30 Name: Price
Location: Kansas

"3 Lemons can't be possible."
Built a new house in 1994 installed a Heil heatpump. Two years later dealer replaced the Heil heatpump with a new one because of the number of maintance calls. Five years later replaced again because compressor went out twice during those five years. Exiting Heil unit has been installed for 10 years now and has had to be worked on a minimum of twice a year for the past 7 years. Replacing again but NOT with another Heil.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Gloria
Location: Woodstock, al

"Looking form replacement"
Unit installed-2001, I have had servicemen out for 8n years now, each replacing something different, refilling with r-22, all telling me something different...at this time just want an honest repairman that know what he is doing. The ones around here don't...have called a carrier company for estimate but I'm almost afraid to believe him.....any suggestions

Date created: 2011-03-08 Name: WALTER F. PENNINGER
Location: MOUNT PLEASANT S.C.

"HEIL MAKES NOISE !!!!!!!!!"
I WILL NEVER BUY A HEIL UNIT AGAIN. IT MAKES SO MUCH NOISE WHEN IT COMES ON IT WILL WAKE YOU UP AT NIGHT.THERE IS WATER COMMING FROM AROUND THE UNIT AT THE TOP WHEN IT GOES INTO DEFROST MODE CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT THIS IS ? THIS UNIT IS IN MY NEW HOUSE. I CALLED MY A.C. MAN ABOUT THIS HE SAID THATS HOW THEY SOUND. I WILL TELL ALL I MEET ABOUT THIS AND WILL NOT BUY ANY HEIL PRODUCT AGAIN!

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: HARRY PAYNE
Location: SHELBYVILLE KY

"Very unsatisfed"
We got a new house and put a heil in, we had to put in 4 in 9 years. heil is junk[[[[[ i would not by one if is was up to me. JUNK

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: T Orr
Location: Roanoke, VA

"Heil-Carrier review"
My home is 19 years old. Original equipment are Carrier split units for upstairs and down. I will tell you the Carrier systems worked flawlessly until the fan went out on the outside unit (condenser) serving the upstairs about 3 years ago. So, because of the age of the unit, I decided to go ahead and replace the whole condenser. Got a good deal on a Heil 12 SEER condenser so I had an installer put it in. I've had zero problems with this new unit that is mated to my existing Carrier air handler.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: T.Hurt
Location: Weeksbury, Ky

"Homeowner"
Purchased unit in 1987. Lost 1 sensor in 1 week. Installer replaced free. Replaced compressor after 21 years.Live in Ky.Pretty rough winters in 22 years.Cant complain

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: R Marmor
Location: Phoenix

"Can't Complain"
I've had a 12 SEER 4T running flawlessly for 10 years, and we get temps here regularly of 107 to 115. Recently started having some problems and had two local repair companies evaluate the unit. Each declared something different to be wrong, and quoted nearly $2000 to fix. Both counseled replacement. On a recommendation, I finally got someone honest and capable to look at it, and $400 later the unit is humming away nicely again. The problem was a line from the TXV valve. It rubbed against something and over 10 years wore a tiny hole which caused it to malfunction. I was told that the problem is not uncommon on Heils. The part was a couple of hundred dollars, plus $125 to put it in. The issue though, is that two supposedly reputable companies diagnosed that same problem as too expensive to repair. Someone else wrote in here about a hole being rubbed in their unit, saying it was a coil. I hope the individual didn't really have this problem, and got taken for a ride. Bottom line: I can't complain about the unit, just some of the service people out there.