Consumer Reviews of Heil heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Heil heat pumps

Date created: 2015-01-11 Name: Larry Spires
Location: Ozarks, MO

"Heil is junk"
I had a 5 ton Heil installed 5 years ago. During the first six months, it had an indoor coil leak and a bad TXV valve, and then indoor and outdoor leaks. I decided to go to school on heat pumps in Fort Myers, Florida, since I own two rentals with heat pumps. I have installed three Goodman heat pumps on different houses since then and they are very quiet, with zero problems. I now have peace of mind since I can do it all myself. Most HVAC contractors are con artists and if you find an honest one it's like hitting the lottery. I feel sorry for older people who can't install them themselves. I'm 68 years old and was the oldest student at Fort Myers.

Date created: 2014-06-05 Name: D. MORRIS
Location: Port Orchard, WA

"JUNK"
Outdoor coil leak in 5 places after 10 months. No hassle warrenty did not apply. It said so in the fine print

Date created: 2014-01-24 Name: Stephen
Location: Anniston, AL

"Worst product ever!!"
I had my home built in October 2008. In Aug 2010 I had the air handler coil leak. Replaced still under warranty. Well Christmas 2013 started acting up making compressor noise. Called new Serviceman because the company that installed my unit has gone out of business. Gauge check showed leak. After checking found leak almost same spot as the last leak. My warranty was out by 2 months. I called Carrier because Heil has no contact information. I'm hoping they will stand up -- not sure if this is a Production issue or installation issue. But (2) Air handler coils in 5 years something has to be the problem!

Date created: 2013-04-30 Name: G. White
Location: NOLA

"40 Year HVAC Mechanic"
A Heil is the same as Carrier. Most service personnel are unfamiliar with heat pumps (i.e. They don't know how to install,wire,or service/troubleshoot a heat pump). I have an American Standard/Trane (same unit) heat pump. The TXV failed at 3 years old. Only problem... Works great.

Date created: 2012-12-20 Name: JL

"Unit Constantly Fails"
My heat constantly stops working in the winter. I have had the unit serviced six times since it was installed 2 years ago. I would never purchase another Heil unit.

Date created: 2012-11-12 Name: Gary Holcombe
Location: Pickens SC

"Home owner"
We are senior citizens and thought we would buy a new unit that would last us. We got a Heil and had trouble with it from the first year. I think the service man has completely rebuilt it. He is so good about coming when we call. But we won't be able to afford him when the warranty runs out. We will never buy anything with the name Heil on it.

Date created: 2012-09-08 Name: Jamey & Shawna HUGHES
Location: Waxhaw, NC

Me and my unbelievably good looking wife wanted to leave a nasty yet earned review of our sexy and shiny looking Heil heat pump. Its just that, the end.

Date created: 2012-05-31 Name: Ken
Location: Florida Panhandle

"Would buy Heil again but no distributor in this part of Florida"
Installed heat pump in 1999. No problems for 10 years then Air Handler blower control board failed. Replaced it myself (Board was 150 bucks) worked fine until the present 90 degree heat. Poor cooling and a check of system pressures show discharge air at around 70 degrees and should be 40 area. Technician thinks reversing valve for a thousand dollars or more but no guarantee that will fix the unit. Recommended replacement. I'd seriously consider another Heil but nobody around here sells them any more. Bottom line 13 years service in Florida with little to no trouble is, I think, pretty good.

Date created: 2012-02-09 Name: Bill S.
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

Have two of these units on my house. One of the units is on it's 3rd compressor and now also started losing refrigerant not cheap these days. Now being told it needs a new coil.

Date created: 2012-01-18 Name: D. Collins
Location: Hope, AR 71801

"Electric Heat Pump, cooling & heating"
This unit had the cooling fins on the outside unit turning gray & falling out of the unit. Installer stated that he had never seen a unit do this of all the units he had installed. I called Heil and they would do nothing to take care of this problem. The dealer, installer & I are now trying to do something about this defect. He said the unit would not continue to cool or heat for very much longer. I have never had a central system with this problem. I will never purchase another Heil unit.