Consumer Reviews of Heil heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Heil heat pumps

Date created: 2019-01-19 Name: Kelly Eagan
Location: Indiana

"So disappointing"
This was the first unit I had ever owned. It did well in the beginning and then started having issues with "Equalization pressure something" parts and my dealer was constantly having to come to my home to add freon etc.. so we replaced this part twice...then the board went bad and I ended up getting a whole new unit... they did honor the warranty at that time... Within the next year, that specific part went bad again and completely shut down. The manufacturer would not honor the warranty again (keep in mind this is a 10yr no hassle warranty) so my dealer bought me one himself due to all of the trouble I have had this past two years. We are hoping the manufacturer will at least pay the labor for the dealer having to put this unit in... I'm very disappointed in the company itself even though it did honor the warranty in the beginning there's no one that should go through having this much trouble in a two-year span. I don't advise anyone to buy this particular model and if you start having trouble in the beginning it is probably going to continue...definitely do your research before you buy anything like this...

Date created: 2018-11-17 Name: L Aloisio
Location: Waleska, GA

"Poor performance"
We have 3 Heil heat pumps installed new in 2008. All are troublesome and noisy. Contractors are nor happy with them either.
Date created: 2018-01-01 Name: T Ward
Location: Christiansburg, VA

"Works great!"
We installed our Heil after our 23 year old Carrier heat pump stopped working. It has been flawless for years. The defrost sounds like air brakes but we have gotten used to it. Our temps fall into single digits, the Heil is very efficient even at those extremes. The a/c works very well also.
Date created: 2017-04-10 Name: RON HALLIDAY
Location: Grants Pass, OR

"JUNK EQUIPMENT"
Purchased this equipment on 7-10 2014 to replace lennox equipment we had since 1989. Talked into buying Heil by Korte heating and air with the assurance it would be as cheap to run as the lennox and perform better.( Complete lie ). we had Seven calls as soon as it was installed to even get it working in the first two months. The cost of operation is more than double the cost of the Lennox equipment and it takes over one hour to raise the temperature one degree when the outside temperature is 40 degrees. There is no other word for this equipment than junk junk junk
Date created: 2016-05-26 Name: B. Spears
Location: Sterling, VA

"Great HVAC system, would definitely recommend."
I really like the Heil product line. It is very similar to Carrier, they share many of the same features and build quality. I recommend them to my friends and family and will install one in my home the next time I need a system. I really like their higher end models, the 2 stage 19 SEER units and communicating indoor units. I think they are great.
Date created: 2016-04-18 Name: Mike M.
Location: Northern Virginia

"Still going after 15+ years"
My Heil 4 ton heat pump has never given me any trouble in the 13 years I have lived in our home. It was a couple years old when we moved in around 2003, and other than some corrosion on the lower cooling condenser fins, it still runs great. As for the corrosion, I should have put some gravel down around the exterior unit to reduce the dirt infiltration into the base of the condenser--that would have extended its service life.
Date created: 2015-12-26 Name: C. Kennedy
Location: Highland Heights, KY

"Utter hellish noise"
One was just put and it makes a hellish grinding noise so loud no one can sleep. It has been worked on several times to no avail.
Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: Alison
Location: Winston-Salem, NC

"Old Heil still going"
Our house has never been evenly heated or cooled, but I think that is a sizing issue and a result of the home design (open concept). The heat pump was installed 18 years ago, has never had a major issue (shorted by a lightning strike...but can't blame the unit for that!) and is only now starting to sound like it is going to quit. While I am sad to have to buy another heat pump I can honestly say that we got our money's worth out of this one!
Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: don bryant
Location: Columbia, TN

"Customer"
This is my first Heil heat pump. I have always used Carrier. This seems to be an abnormally loud unit compared to other units I have used. Time will tell if I like this product or not.
Date created: 2015-10-09 Location: West Lafayette, IN

"Heil Heat Pump Review - Great for 10 months out of the year"
I built a new home in 2011 and my builder installed an all-electric Heil HVAC system. It's worked great when the temperature is between 0 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the outside temperature in the winter typically gets below 0 degrees in my area which makes the heat pump completely ineffective. There's an electric heater installed which helps a little but it struggles to keep up. For example, we'll have the thermostat set to 68 degrees but it's typical to have an actual indoor temperature of 58-60 degrees when it's below 0 outside. Additionally, anytime the heat pump shuts off there is a loud noise that you can hear throughout my bottom floor. We haven't had any issues with the unit so we assume it's just normal operation. If I were to do it all over again, I would talk to my builder about all of the available options and do my own research prior to authorizing the purchase and installation of the heat pump and HVAC system.