Consumer Reviews of HAIER heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about HAIER heat pumps

Date created: 2013-07-16 Name: P. Goudreault
Location: Longueuil Quebec

"Instructions Manual"
Using the unit 3 first years, unit not used the last 2 years. Instructions manual has been lost. Impossible to set hours on zapper. Works on cold and heat mode, what are other modes for? Possible to get an instructions manual in french? If not available, I will have English one translated. Thx

Date created: 2013-06-01 Name: Fred
Location: Maryland

"Another Review 2 Years Later Still More Probs"
I explained in 2011 that we had gone through three fans. The installer, a professional replaced them at no cost. In the fall of 2012 the 4th fan failed and Tom (the installer) brought a new fan which was not the Haier fan. He bought U.S. made fans and adapted them to the Haier fan mount. Today the temperature was up to 100F and the Haier failed again, this time the fan was working great but the compressor was not pumping so the house went up to 85F by 3PM. Called Tom, he lives nearby, and he came within 15 minutes. Replaced the Chinese capacitor with a Mexican made capacitor plus a U.S. made stare cap. Tom told me installing Haiers was the biggest mistake he's ever made. Further, he said Haier has never supplied him with warranty spares (I.E. he has been paying for the parts himself buying them from local distributors). Do not buy a Haier, they are junk. In the fall I will be replacing this piece of crap even though it is only 4 years old. My last heat pump, a Carrier, lasted nearly 25 years.

Date created: 2013-05-10 Name: Shaun Schumacher
Location: weatherford, texas

"Piece of crap"
This is far and away the biggest piece of crap I have ever purchased. Not just heating/cooling. The worst thing I have bought in my entire life. I have owned it for 10 months and had it serviced in 6 of those months.

Date created: 2012-03-02 Name: Peter, S
Location: Cinc, Ohio

"Excellent Equipment - Quiet"
Over 30 years in the hvac industry all I have to say is proper installation of any equipment will make the difference. Its not the product but the installer..... People understand any equipment if not installed properly by licensed hvac contractor will eventually have problems. I have installed many Haier Heat Pumps in the last 5 years and only once I had to go back. Since I am a contractor and bought the unit from my Haier Supplier I was able to get the part needed next day. If you are a homeowner and try to install any brand of heat pumps no manufactures will warranty the part. That's why you protect your investment and hire a company.

Date created: 2012-02-26 Name: Edgar Kully
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

"Haier Central Heat Pump"
Love my Haier heat pump. I had a Trane heat pump in my old house and boy was it loud. My Haier is very quiet. I had an electric furnace and was paying around $300-$400 month. Now with my 3 ton Haier, I'm paying $50- $75. I had HVAC company install it and never had any problems. I am building a second home and will be installing another Haier.

Date created: 2012-02-17 Name: C Terrizzi
Location: jacksonville FL

"Zero warranty support"
I am a contractor. The unit appears to have come with the wrong piston in the outdoor unit. Nowhere online does Haier have a tech support number and their manuals do not have the necessary information. Good thing the homeowner doesn't need it fixed now, because by the time we find who sold this thing, they would be without heat for 2 weeks. This is the only system I know of actually made in China. What happens when a compressor dies and they do not have parts?

Date created: 2011-12-04 Name: Fred
Location: Maryland

"Make sure you have a reliable installer"
Already had 3 fans replaced. One out of the box was bad, second about a year later, third this (2011) summer. Luckily, the installer is a stand up guy and he comes and replaces them when they go out. I would stay away from this brand.

Date created: 2011-11-29 Name: Patty
Location: Antioch, TN

"Nothing but trouble!!!!!"
Heat pump was installed when I bought my town home in 2006 I needed repairs made every year!! Last summer the condensor was replaced and now the outdoor unit is not defrosting properly which means more $$$ out of my pocket. Do not buy this brand because you will regret it unless you are a builder or contractor trying to cut corners to save a buck and don't care about your reputation.

Date created: 2011-07-15 Name: Jay
Location: clarksvile tn

"Awesome Unit High Quality"
Installed Haier -- very pleased with its performance. Looking to purchase another one soon.

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Robin Catoe
Location: Camden South Carolina

"PIECE OF CRAP"
We built a new house and the contractor had his heating and cooling guy to install this piece of crap. No need to say anymore.