Consumer Reviews of Gree heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Date created: 2018-02-23 Name: A. Collins
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland

"Gree heat Pumps in Newfoundland"
I have owned a Gree heat pump for 2 years now and it has never let me down. I was skeptical at first as I have never heard of Gree but after some research I found that Gree makes a lot of heat pumps for other companies like Lennox and Trane. My unit is a wall mounted U-Crown series which is rated for minus 30C. It has never failed to heat the entire floor of my home. It's an 18000 btu and the floor it's on is 1200 sqft total. I would recommend Gree to anyone and the warranty here in Atlantic Canada is 10 years parts and labour.

Date created: 2016-03-23 Location: Ponce, Puerto Rico

"An honest review for a breath of fresh (or cold) air"
I've owned this air conditioner/heat pump for the better part of 3 years. I had to get it, since living in a very hot zone, the summer was unbearable. Since I got it I have been very happy with my purchase. It usually cools up the house very quickly. In addition to doing that it is very energy efficient as I haven't noticed a significant increase in my electric bill since getting it and it's very silent. Don't get me wrong, you can hear it, but it is not disruptive and after a few minutes one forgets it's even on (that is except for the cool temperature) As far as some negatives the only two I can think of are: 1) sometimes I have to press the power button twice on the remote to get it to turn on and off, not sure why. Maybe it's a fail safe to avoid accidentally turning it on or off or maybe it's faulty. However, it has never really bothered me so I never had it checked out & 2) it has a lot of settings, which are probably nice for some people, but I just want it to cool the room and let that be it, I don't need anything beyond raising or lowering the thermostat, so it's really annoying when somebody presses something and I have to take a long time to put it as I like. I would definitely recommend this brand to a friend or buy it again, it has earned my trust.