Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Danny Slattery
Location: Frankfort,ky

"The Worst Unit I've Ever Had"
I've only had the unit in the house for about 2 years. Spent over two thousand dollars getting it worked on. And it still doesn't work. That's using three different contractors.

Date created: 2011-07-16 Name: Fred Brown
Location: Augusta, GA

"Worst AC Ever!"
"Terrible" Worst ac ever!!!!!!!!! Don't let a dealer sell you one only to return for repairs to rip you off. Unit is not yet 4 years old and it has been a maintenance nightmare. It worked fine the first two years. The last two years has been hell. Each summer goes out and causes me around $400.00 to repair. The warranty sucks. I will never buy another Goodman unit. Very poor quality and poor quality parts.

Date created: 2011-07-01 Name: L. Knapp
Location: Indpls, IN

"HVAC Contractor"
I've been in the HVAC industry for 39 years. I've sold Goodman equipment. I will never sell them again. If you live in the mid to upper states, look at this. If you take a look at the heat pump, out side unit, it looks like a weed eater has gone around the first 4 inches of the bottom of the coil. The lower portion will freeze and eventually cause the outside coil to leak refrigerant. I sold one to my next door neighbor 6 years age, had to replace the compressor once, and the outside coil no his heat pump. I have never seen this kind of coil damage to any other brand in the field.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"It Does it's Job"
I have owned my heat pump for roughly 10 years (I've been in the house that long I think the pump is about 12 years old), it is still running strong and it keeps me and my wife cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It is defiantly dated I'm sure newer models would take less energy to operate, and if it gets left on for too long it will freeze up. The fan motor burnt up a couple of years ago but the cost wasn't too high to replace so we did that, had a repairman out and he had us up and running in a few days. It has been a good heat pump I definitely would recommend the brand, as a matter of fact It is about time for a new one so I plan to look into one of their more energy efficient models.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Location: Manchester, KY

"Heating Our Home"
In my home we own a Goodman Heat Pump. When my father passed away 6 years ago in September 2006 we had our heat pump installed. Since we have had it we have not had any maintenance done to it. What we like about it is that it keeps every room a constat temperature whether it's hot or cold. It doesn't run the electricity bill up as much as long as you keep the thermostat on one constant temperature. For what we paid for it we got a great deal on it. There is nothing in particular that I can say I dislike about our heat pump. The only thing I don't like about it is that living in a rural area our electricity goes off often and we wish it ran on a battery to keep the house warm or cool! I live in a brick 1500 sq. ft. 8 room home and it keeps it warm in the winter and cool in the summer so it is the idea heat pump for us. I would recommend it to anyone and I will defenitley buy the same brand again for my next purchase.

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: D.McMahan
Location: Brooksville, Florida

"AFTER 4 years Goodman came thru"
Our nightmare began end of October 2007 - problems with extremely loud start up from the beginning. Within 2 years the compressor was replaced then one part after the other until second repair company (first went out of business) told us they could not fix it, this was 6 months ago. Called Southern Comfort of Webster Florida and they sent Fred Green out. The coil was replaced as well as many minor problems - it would run for awhile and do the same thing again - losing freon. This is a long saga and I am trying to shorten it. Fred was tenacious in testing everything to find the problem, kept telling us Goodman was a good product & he had never seen anything like this before - had to be an answer. He already knew, I suspect, it was the original install & later incompetence of the second company. Yes we had complained to Goodman but they had no record of all the replacement parts - I thought they were lying.This last outage Mr Green threw up his hands - contacted the go to guy with Goodman who being a very resourceful guy contacted our insurance and found that yes indeed the second company had turned in dozens of labor costs for our unit (we never went 6 months without a repair). This cost us lost work, miserable cold nights in winter and horrid temps in summer.The inconvenience was miserable and no one cared. Also the wrong refrigerant was put in once. Had Mr Green not been so through we would have had to buy a new unit, when this one was deficient from the get go & not even 4 years old. Being low on freon probably caused the compressor to go & maybe other problems. The nerve wracking gun shot sound when unit started up reminded us every time the huge mistake we had made - oh and the power bills _this is a 14 seer _ were no better than our much lower seer. Happy ending was that the guy called Goodman with his research into our system and within 20 minutes Goodman said to put in a new unit. It is happily and quietly purring along now - not running all the time and cooling great. As I have read on many postings about Goodman from the pros - I cannot stress enough - get certified skilled technicians to install your system -ask for their membership cards - just because the owner of the place is certified does not mean his workers are and they will all tell you they are certified to work on your system. I think only 3 companies make all the systems on the market - I read everything I could find online about air conditioners and every pro said "it is the quality of your installer and techs" believe it!

Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: Scott Cooke

"Terrible"
Unit is not yet 4 years old and it has been a maintencne nightmare. Terrible from the start. I will never buy another goodman unit. Very poor quality and poor quality parts.

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Gary
Location: Skaneateles, N.Y.

"STAY AWAY"
Owned a Goodman heat pump less than a year. Did a good job of cooling but not heating. The fan on the outside unit iced up in the winter during very cold periods when the unit was not running. Then when the amibient outside temperture rose to above 30 dgrees, where the outside unit could efficiently run, the the unit to vibrate violently because of the ice build up on the blades. Called Goodman and they had no solution to the problem, other than only running the unit when the outside temperture is above 40 degree. What's the sense in having a heat pump if it can't be operated in the 30's? Later found out that heating contractors refer to Goodman units as being "price based," which is a nice way of saying they are CHEAP! Made the company come and rip it out. If you live in a climate subject to snow, I would recommend staying away from these units.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: New York, NY

"Heat pump works great"
I have had it only for a few months, I like that it works great, there has been no problems with it at all. I would buy the same brand again if I had to and yes, I would recommend it to anyone that asks about goodmans heat pump products.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Logan, WV

"Somewhat satsified with Goodman"
I had a Goodman 15 SEER system installed last summer after the compressor went out in my old Trane Unit; so far so good, this unit cools all parts of the house sufficiently, all of the temperature problems I have had before are gone now, and the unit seems to not have any trouble keeping up with cooling or heating some rooms as opposed to others, so all rooms hold a steady temperature now, and the unit auto shuts off after the temperature reaches what that thermostat is set to after 10 minutes, and this helps us save money. Since I have had the unit installed I have cut my electric bill by 15%. The only complaint that i could possibly have about the unit is that it is rather noisy outside, and when it goes into the defrost setting it gets really loud, all in all I would have to recommend this unit because of the savings and so far the dependability.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>