Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: GLENN HALL
Location: PACOLET SC

"If you want junk buy goodman"
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this experiance its not me weve had our unit for tree years and weve almost built a whole new unit buy repairs I had to spend three hundred dollars for freon when coils came apart two months ago now its compressor shot freon again I hope someone in corporate reads these from theyre customers,after reading all your complaints I really dont think they care but I think I will call the better business bureau with my complaints just in case someone hhas started a class action suite against goodman please dont forget to call me . I work at a large company and people talk owe sorry cant say anything good with all the time we have went without heat I would really like more than anything to talk w/ the ceo of goodman personally

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: Nancy Carlson
Location: Fuquay Varina NC

"Horrible heat pump with multiple problems"
Our Goodman heat pump was installed by our contractor after our house fire in April 2011. It malfunctioned as soon as we used it for A/C. Bad compressor freon leaked and bad exchange valve. My contractor had this repaired. Then when we first used the heat the heat strips were not working our unit ran continuously trying to reach the 68 degree temp our heat bill was doubled due to this malfunction Heat strips were replaced ,but repair didn't last long unit started blowing cold air instead of heat, ran constantly, and was incrediibly loud. Thanks to our contractors persistence. The entire unit was replaced no thanks to Goodman.They have horrible customer service and do not stand by their warrenties. The a/c worked throughout the summer, but now that we need heat I am starting to see the same pattern. The unit is running constantly, blowing more cold air into the house than warm and our electric bill has doubled in one month, even though the temperatures have been mild here in North Carolina. We are very frustrated with this unit and the lack of concern and customer service regarding this investment. Do not buy goodman products!

Date created: 2013-01-09 Name: L Rohn
Location: Lake Havasu City AZ

"Big Mistake!"
We bought this unit in late 2009. Since then, we have had multiple leaks. Goodman says too bad. What a piece of junk! Today, we ordered an American Standard unit, which has a great reputation. Writing a bad review doesn't seem bad enough for this company. We wish there was a way to put them out of business. Do not buy a goodman heat pump!

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Suzi
Location: TN

"TOTAL JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Have had our Goodman Heat pump about 8 months and today made the 5th service call!!!! We told our service man that installed this piece of crap that since it was still under warranty, we wanted a new unit. He called the Goodman dealer that supplies him and was told to change the board, again! They are aware the boards are bad, said there was 2800 or so that came in bad from Japan!!!!So if they know it why have they not fixed it???? Thank goodness we have not had to pay for service calls but it still sux to have a new heat pump and wake up to a cold house on a good ole 20 degree morning here in tn. My electric bill will be awful with the emergency kicked in for days!!! Thankfully we did have a fireplace to take the chill out of the rooms! Do not buy these pieces of junk!!!!!!

Date created: 2013-01-01 Name: James
Location: Nashville tn

"DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT"
I had this unit installed in 2008. I've spent over $2500 on repairs and it just went out again. it's a lemon, Goodman is a bad company for not replacing these units, never buy a Goodman!!!!

Date created: 2012-12-30 Name: J. Smollock
Location: Oneida, TN

"Same thing every year"
We bought our heat pump in October of 2009. Every year it has been the same thing, the circuit board for the fan burns out and needs to be replaced. We were told there is nothing that we can do about this problem so we keep the warranty extended. When it is time to replace this unit you can be sure that we will not be getting another Goodman.

Date created: 2012-12-28 Name: Greg Dillon
Location: Round Hill VA

"Stay clear"
Unfortunately, our builder supplied the neighborhood with these heat pumps. Many have had multiple repairs in the last 7-8 years. Some have replaced the unit altogether. Today, once again (6th repair in almost 8 years) I have a service tech out to diagnose yet another issue problem. These heat pumps are so loud, they will actually rattle your home. Avoid if possible.

Date created: 2012-12-26 Name: Ed B
Location: Pell City Al

"Never again"
Have spent entirely too much on this unit. Could have bought two great Tranes for what I've had to have done with this unit. Entire Board, condenser leaks, not igniting correctly, not cycling correctly. Would never buy another.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: P. Emler
Location: Chesapeake, VA

"LEMON!!!!!!"
Worst buy ever. Bought ours in 2006 by 2010 we had to replace the blower. Refilled freon many times. By 2012 we were told the blower had to be replaced again. Replaced the unit instead. We had put more in repairs in it than we did in buying it. Don't buy one.

Date created: 2012-08-29 Name: D. Bradner
Location: Appomattox Va

The contractor that built my house and my son's house put Goodman heat pumps in both. At 5 1/2 years I was having to put 5 lbs of freon every two months to keep it cooling. I ended up replacing mine about 2 months ago. My son's started the same problem last night and his will be 5 years next month. It seems the same problem occurs over and over with these heat pumps, the freon leaks, no one can be found that is authorized to work on them or get parts for them. I ended up buying an Armstrong this time and love it so far. Never will I buy another Goodman!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>