Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-08-21 Name: Susan Dodson
Location: Smithfield, North Carolina

"Heat pump nightmare"
Both my neighbor and I bought this heat-pump and both went down before the warranty even went out. Both incurred high cost repair bills because the cost of freon is so high and the company does not reimburse for their shortcoming. Not a good product. Would not recommend. Update: This is what the company says: "no known problems". When I informed them that both myself and my neighbor had purchased their unit and both are causing problems. We have had to change the coil and freon twice in less than 4 years with service cost and high cost of freon being our responsibility. I would never buy anything from the company.

Date created: 2012-08-03 Name: John Therres
Location: Hughesville, M.D

"Runs Great"
18 year old Goodman heat pump is still running strong. Only thing I ever did was replace the blower motor two times in 18 years. The outdoor unit has never been touched. I read some other reviews on all brands and most people that are having all those problems are due to a bad installation and service, repairmen that do not know how to do their job. Use a well-known company and any major brand will last.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: D. Davies
Location: Goodyear, AZ

"Very hard working little heat pump"
I was just reading the reviews of the other Goodman heat pump owners and am surprised that they've had such bad luck. We live in Phoenix and had a Beazer home built in 2000. The builder installed Goodman Heat Pumps in all the houses. Other than the shroud noise it has been a fantastic little unit! We now have a Taylor Morrison home and that Beazer house is a rental. After only 3 years this new a/c unit has already gone thru a capasitor. 3 years! Our little Goodman unit has only had two freon fills and one capasitor in twelve years! It just keeps going.. Very impressed with it.. It will eventually go (we have a home warranty) and when it does I will certainly feel like we've had our monies worth. Can't complain about how it has worked in the Arizona heat.

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: C. Free
Location: Lexington, ky

"Terrible Experience"
The unit is less than two years old and been charged with refrigerant twice. I found out this week after the second charge that the coil was leaking. The hvac company didn't act surprised when they found it because they have had five or six other Amana units with the same issue. The good news is that the coil is under warranty. The bad news is that the repair cost me $800. In my opinion stay away from Amana.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: C. Timmons
Location: Bryant AL.

"Extreme junk"
Unit is now 4 years old. broke during first year, second year, third year and 4th year. Heating bills of over $700, with over 2 inches of ice on the coils in Alabama, not alaska. Finally, stopped using unit and went back to good old 220 volt space heaters. Electric bill dropped 200 bucks going back to original heating. Pops reversing valves, compressor goes bad, expansion valves. The only thing that has worked properly is the fan and the blast coils. If you want to throw your money away, do yourself a favor and purchase a Goodman. No support from company. Seriously, a large class action lawsuit needs to put that company out of business. Unit is very loud, sounding like a sledge hammer when it shuts off in heat cycle.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: Jim Brown
Location: TN

"Would not purchase again"
My unit is five years old. I have replaced a capacitor, coil, and now my compressor is shot. Never again.

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: S. Belcher
Location: Richmond Va

"Excellent Unit"
We bought this unit in 1995 from Sears. I didn't have the unit serviced yearly. My motto: If isn't broke don't mess with it". This thing ran like a "train" unquote. haha Only thing I can say about this thing excellent unit.

Date created: 2012-06-15 Name: Filomena White
Location: Pikeville TN

"Terrible"
We owned this unit 3 years, nothing but problems, bad compressor, bad coils etc., Every year it brakes down. Called Goodman nothing but a run around. They just don't care. Would never purchase another. We all need to see about a class action suit. I think Goodman should replace my unit. It is a lemon.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: andy offman
Location: verona va

"Owner"
I was contacted by the company today and they are taking care of everything now. Thanks

Date created: 2012-06-12 Name: Andy Coffman
Location: Verona VA

"OWNER"
I have had my unit for four years and have had nothing but trouble every year which is something wrong. Last summer it froze up I called the dealer that installed it (Ronnie Ritchie Waynesboro Virginia) he told me it would be two weeks before he could get out so I called another dealer and it was low on freon($95.00). This year the same thing they came out in three days and said the Cole was bad waited two weeks to get Cole charged me $681.00 labor this was on Friday and on Tuesday my son call me and said you better get home big wet spot in the ceiling I called they came out tech could not find anything wrong as he was talking to his boss on the phone. I heard his boss tell him to try to get out of it to tell me the drain line was stopped up(funny thing it worked find until they replaced cole) hope someone from Goodman will call me.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>