Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Suzi
Location: TN

"TOTAL JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Have had our Goodman Heat pump about 8 months and today made the 5th service call!!!! We told our service man that installed this piece of crap that since it was still under warranty, we wanted a new unit. He called the Goodman dealer that supplies him and was told to change the board, again! They are aware the boards are bad, said there was 2800 or so that came in bad from Japan!!!!So if they know it why have they not fixed it???? Thank goodness we have not had to pay for service calls but it still sux to have a new heat pump and wake up to a cold house on a good ole 20 degree morning here in tn. My electric bill will be awful with the emergency kicked in for days!!! Thankfully we did have a fireplace to take the chill out of the rooms! Do not buy these pieces of junk!!!!!!

Date created: 2013-01-01 Name: James
Location: Nashville tn

"DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT"
I had this unit installed in 2008. I've spent over $2500 on repairs and it just went out again. it's a lemon, Goodman is a bad company for not replacing these units, never buy a Goodman!!!!

Date created: 2012-12-30 Name: J. Smollock
Location: Oneida, TN

"Same thing every year"
We bought our heat pump in October of 2009. Every year it has been the same thing, the circuit board for the fan burns out and needs to be replaced. We were told there is nothing that we can do about this problem so we keep the warranty extended. When it is time to replace this unit you can be sure that we will not be getting another Goodman.

Date created: 2012-12-28 Name: Greg Dillon
Location: Round Hill VA

"Stay clear"
Unfortunately, our builder supplied the neighborhood with these heat pumps. Many have had multiple repairs in the last 7-8 years. Some have replaced the unit altogether. Today, once again (6th repair in almost 8 years) I have a service tech out to diagnose yet another issue problem. These heat pumps are so loud, they will actually rattle your home. Avoid if possible.

Date created: 2012-12-26 Name: Ed B
Location: Pell City Al

"Never again"
Have spent entirely too much on this unit. Could have bought two great Tranes for what I've had to have done with this unit. Entire Board, condenser leaks, not igniting correctly, not cycling correctly. Would never buy another.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: P. Emler
Location: Chesapeake, VA

"LEMON!!!!!!"
Worst buy ever. Bought ours in 2006 by 2010 we had to replace the blower. Refilled freon many times. By 2012 we were told the blower had to be replaced again. Replaced the unit instead. We had put more in repairs in it than we did in buying it. Don't buy one.

Date created: 2012-08-29 Name: D. Bradner
Location: Appomattox Va

The contractor that built my house and my son's house put Goodman heat pumps in both. At 5 1/2 years I was having to put 5 lbs of freon every two months to keep it cooling. I ended up replacing mine about 2 months ago. My son's started the same problem last night and his will be 5 years next month. It seems the same problem occurs over and over with these heat pumps, the freon leaks, no one can be found that is authorized to work on them or get parts for them. I ended up buying an Armstrong this time and love it so far. Never will I buy another Goodman!

Date created: 2012-08-22 Name: Frank Kosmak
Location: Orlando, Florida

"18 seer unit"
Extremely quiet system with variable speed fan. Cut my electric use in half from my old 10 seer system also a Goodman unit. I live in Orlando a hot climate.

Date created: 2012-08-21 Name: Susan Dodson
Location: Smithfield, North Carolina

"Heat pump nightmare"
Both my neighbor and I bought this heat-pump and both went down before the warranty even went out. Both incurred high cost repair bills because the cost of freon is so high and the company does not reimburse for their shortcoming. Not a good product. Would not recommend. Update: This is what the company says: "no known problems". When I informed them that both myself and my neighbor had purchased their unit and both are causing problems. We have had to change the coil and freon twice in less than 4 years with service cost and high cost of freon being our responsibility. I would never buy anything from the company.

Date created: 2012-08-03 Name: John Therres
Location: Hughesville, M.D

"Runs Great"
18 year old Goodman heat pump is still running strong. Only thing I ever did was replace the blower motor two times in 18 years. The outdoor unit has never been touched. I read some other reviews on all brands and most people that are having all those problems are due to a bad installation and service, repairmen that do not know how to do their job. Use a well-known company and any major brand will last.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>