Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-12-26 Name: Ed B
Location: Pell City Al

"Never again"
Have spent entirely too much on this unit. Could have bought two great Tranes for what I've had to have done with this unit. Entire Board, condenser leaks, not igniting correctly, not cycling correctly. Would never buy another.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: P. Emler
Location: Chesapeake, VA

"LEMON!!!!!!"
Worst buy ever. Bought ours in 2006 by 2010 we had to replace the blower. Refilled freon many times. By 2012 we were told the blower had to be replaced again. Replaced the unit instead. We had put more in repairs in it than we did in buying it. Don't buy one.

Date created: 2012-08-29 Name: D. Bradner
Location: Appomattox Va

The contractor that built my house and my son's house put Goodman heat pumps in both. At 5 1/2 years I was having to put 5 lbs of freon every two months to keep it cooling. I ended up replacing mine about 2 months ago. My son's started the same problem last night and his will be 5 years next month. It seems the same problem occurs over and over with these heat pumps, the freon leaks, no one can be found that is authorized to work on them or get parts for them. I ended up buying an Armstrong this time and love it so far. Never will I buy another Goodman!

Date created: 2012-08-22 Name: Frank Kosmak
Location: Orlando, Florida

"18 seer unit"
Extremely quiet system with variable speed fan. Cut my electric use in half from my old 10 seer system also a Goodman unit. I live in Orlando a hot climate.

Date created: 2012-08-21 Name: Susan Dodson
Location: Smithfield, North Carolina

"Heat pump nightmare"
Both my neighbor and I bought this heat-pump and both went down before the warranty even went out. Both incurred high cost repair bills because the cost of freon is so high and the company does not reimburse for their shortcoming. Not a good product. Would not recommend. Update: This is what the company says: "no known problems". When I informed them that both myself and my neighbor had purchased their unit and both are causing problems. We have had to change the coil and freon twice in less than 4 years with service cost and high cost of freon being our responsibility. I would never buy anything from the company.

Date created: 2012-08-03 Name: John Therres
Location: Hughesville, M.D

"Runs Great"
18 year old Goodman heat pump is still running strong. Only thing I ever did was replace the blower motor two times in 18 years. The outdoor unit has never been touched. I read some other reviews on all brands and most people that are having all those problems are due to a bad installation and service, repairmen that do not know how to do their job. Use a well-known company and any major brand will last.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: D. Davies
Location: Goodyear, AZ

"Very hard working little heat pump"
I was just reading the reviews of the other Goodman heat pump owners and am surprised that they've had such bad luck. We live in Phoenix and had a Beazer home built in 2000. The builder installed Goodman Heat Pumps in all the houses. Other than the shroud noise it has been a fantastic little unit! We now have a Taylor Morrison home and that Beazer house is a rental. After only 3 years this new a/c unit has already gone thru a capasitor. 3 years! Our little Goodman unit has only had two freon fills and one capasitor in twelve years! It just keeps going.. Very impressed with it.. It will eventually go (we have a home warranty) and when it does I will certainly feel like we've had our monies worth. Can't complain about how it has worked in the Arizona heat.

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: C. Free
Location: Lexington, ky

"Terrible Experience"
The unit is less than two years old and been charged with refrigerant twice. I found out this week after the second charge that the coil was leaking. The hvac company didn't act surprised when they found it because they have had five or six other Amana units with the same issue. The good news is that the coil is under warranty. The bad news is that the repair cost me $800. In my opinion stay away from Amana.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: C. Timmons
Location: Bryant AL.

"Extreme junk"
Unit is now 4 years old. broke during first year, second year, third year and 4th year. Heating bills of over $700, with over 2 inches of ice on the coils in Alabama, not alaska. Finally, stopped using unit and went back to good old 220 volt space heaters. Electric bill dropped 200 bucks going back to original heating. Pops reversing valves, compressor goes bad, expansion valves. The only thing that has worked properly is the fan and the blast coils. If you want to throw your money away, do yourself a favor and purchase a Goodman. No support from company. Seriously, a large class action lawsuit needs to put that company out of business. Unit is very loud, sounding like a sledge hammer when it shuts off in heat cycle.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: Jim Brown
Location: TN

"Would not purchase again"
My unit is five years old. I have replaced a capacitor, coil, and now my compressor is shot. Never again.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>