Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-28 Name: Robert Owens
Location: Riceville, TN

"4 reversing valves in two years"
Goodman unit is a piece of junk. A better use of this weight would be as a boat anchor. Although the parts are warranted the cost of the labor and freon is very expensive. We have spent over $2,000 dollars in the last couple of years on freon and labor. The unit was fixed the last time in mid September and has now broke another reversing valve. I will change manufacturers and buy a very long parts and labor warranty.I will never recommend Goodman to anyone for anything.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Sam lowery
Location: Lumberton North Carolina

"Don't recommend to buy"
New compressor, new evaporator coil, new external fan, new internal fan, new capistors for internal. Now it needs a external coil, plus a new electronic board, because it do not go into defrost mode, it,s only 7 years old. It gets serviced ever year, since we,ve had it. Now tell me would you buy this product.

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: Unhappy Goodman
Location: South Central Indiana

"Unbelieveable Failure!"
I had this system installed September '07 for +- $5,000. June of '10, the reversing valve went bad. Technician says: "Oh no, this doesn't look good. We've been having a lot of problems w/ these RV's in the Goodman." Come to find out, not only did it go out, it was also leaking and released most of refrigerant from the unit. Luckily, the part was under warranty, The refrigerant and labor, however, were not. August '10 the unit stops working again. Due to the leak causing low pressure in my system, the compressor is bad from running w/o sufficient coolant pressure. This also makes me think that maybe, just maybe, my low pressure monitor was bad ! What do you think? Luckily, this part was also under warranty. Total bill, w/o parts mind you, $1,000!! So basically, I have the unit totally re-built in 2010. Fast forward to yesterday, unit's not working. I'm told my compressor is locked up. Tech puts on a hard-start unit and the system still will not run. I call my original installer, and although I put new parts in it in 2010, and parts have a 5 year warranty, Goodman will not honor that warranty if the original installation date was in excess of 5 years prior. I think the thing that galls me the most is that neither Goodman nor my original installer will stand by the product. My contractor basically took me for $6,000 and has an "Oh well, you bought it and it's your problem" attitude.

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: GLENN HALL
Location: PACOLET SC

"If you want junk buy goodman"
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this experiance its not me weve had our unit for tree years and weve almost built a whole new unit buy repairs I had to spend three hundred dollars for freon when coils came apart two months ago now its compressor shot freon again I hope someone in corporate reads these from theyre customers,after reading all your complaints I really dont think they care but I think I will call the better business bureau with my complaints just in case someone hhas started a class action suite against goodman please dont forget to call me . I work at a large company and people talk owe sorry cant say anything good with all the time we have went without heat I would really like more than anything to talk w/ the ceo of goodman personally

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: Nancy Carlson
Location: Fuquay Varina NC

"Horrible heat pump with multiple problems"
Our Goodman heat pump was installed by our contractor after our house fire in April 2011. It malfunctioned as soon as we used it for A/C. Bad compressor freon leaked and bad exchange valve. My contractor had this repaired. Then when we first used the heat the heat strips were not working our unit ran continuously trying to reach the 68 degree temp our heat bill was doubled due to this malfunction Heat strips were replaced ,but repair didn't last long unit started blowing cold air instead of heat, ran constantly, and was incrediibly loud. Thanks to our contractors persistence. The entire unit was replaced no thanks to Goodman.They have horrible customer service and do not stand by their warrenties. The a/c worked throughout the summer, but now that we need heat I am starting to see the same pattern. The unit is running constantly, blowing more cold air into the house than warm and our electric bill has doubled in one month, even though the temperatures have been mild here in North Carolina. We are very frustrated with this unit and the lack of concern and customer service regarding this investment. Do not buy goodman products!

Date created: 2013-01-09 Name: L Rohn
Location: Lake Havasu City AZ

"Big Mistake!"
We bought this unit in late 2009. Since then, we have had multiple leaks. Goodman says too bad. What a piece of junk! Today, we ordered an American Standard unit, which has a great reputation. Writing a bad review doesn't seem bad enough for this company. We wish there was a way to put them out of business. Do not buy a goodman heat pump!

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Suzi
Location: TN

"TOTAL JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Have had our Goodman Heat pump about 8 months and today made the 5th service call!!!! We told our service man that installed this piece of crap that since it was still under warranty, we wanted a new unit. He called the Goodman dealer that supplies him and was told to change the board, again! They are aware the boards are bad, said there was 2800 or so that came in bad from Japan!!!!So if they know it why have they not fixed it???? Thank goodness we have not had to pay for service calls but it still sux to have a new heat pump and wake up to a cold house on a good ole 20 degree morning here in tn. My electric bill will be awful with the emergency kicked in for days!!! Thankfully we did have a fireplace to take the chill out of the rooms! Do not buy these pieces of junk!!!!!!

Date created: 2013-01-01 Name: James
Location: Nashville tn

"DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT"
I had this unit installed in 2008. I've spent over $2500 on repairs and it just went out again. it's a lemon, Goodman is a bad company for not replacing these units, never buy a Goodman!!!!

Date created: 2012-12-30 Name: J. Smollock
Location: Oneida, TN

"Same thing every year"
We bought our heat pump in October of 2009. Every year it has been the same thing, the circuit board for the fan burns out and needs to be replaced. We were told there is nothing that we can do about this problem so we keep the warranty extended. When it is time to replace this unit you can be sure that we will not be getting another Goodman.

Date created: 2012-12-28 Name: Greg Dillon
Location: Round Hill VA

"Stay clear"
Unfortunately, our builder supplied the neighborhood with these heat pumps. Many have had multiple repairs in the last 7-8 years. Some have replaced the unit altogether. Today, once again (6th repair in almost 8 years) I have a service tech out to diagnose yet another issue problem. These heat pumps are so loud, they will actually rattle your home. Avoid if possible.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>