Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-03-30 Name: C.Burrill
Location: concord va

"Goodman heat punps"
I have been installing hvac units for 10+ years. Goodman units are good, most of these problems sound like they are from poor installations. Ive had a Goodman in my house for 11 years and have not had any of these problems.

Date created: 2013-03-28 Name: K Phillips
Location: philadelphia TN

"Do not buy goodman"
5 ton unit is five years old. Extremely noisy right from the crate. Several freon leaks over the five years. Dead cold of winter compressor is out. Repair is replacing with a new unit in the morning.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: B Hill

"Goodman is the WORST!"
Horrible customer service reps, leaks freeon evey couple of months, total junk!!!! Don't buy GOODMAN.....Go with Trane!

Date created: 2013-03-16 Name: G. Flatt
Location: Cookeville, TN

"Guess what tore up again."
Have unit that is two years old and has been worked on four or five times due to Freeon leaking. The first time was due to improper installation. The next time the technician blamed it on bad copper line. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. This past summer with 100 degree weather the relay switch went out. Problem fixed again. Now the coil is leaking Freeon and has to be replaced. The heating and cooling owner says the part is under warranty but here is the best part. No one in Tennessee has the part. They found one out of state and guess who gets to pay the shipping on it. Me. The owner told me l could wait six to eight weeks for Goodman to make the coil. This product is a total joke. I would never recommend this product.

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: Adam P
Location: Birmingham

"Please don't ever buy this piece of junk!"
I had my Goodman heat pump installed in 2010. Since then the compressor has gone out twice and the coil once. Yesterday, something else went out and I'm having to call in another technician. This morning I called Goodman to see if they would assist on the labor and they were extremely rude and not one bit helpful. Please do not ever buy this piece of crap!

Date created: 2013-03-08 Name: BRIANO
Location: Southern WV

"You'll just do not understand"
I am a hvac Tech. for a property management company and work on/repaired multiple brand heat pumps,gas/electric furnaces,& condensing units for over 14 years.Those persons who were told that they had a leak, (unfortunately)aren't aware that the installer made the connections were 90%+ of leaks are found. Proper sizing and install are the key to longevity and efficiency of any brand system so before you go with the lowest bidder or supposed best equipment, check their references. Compressors, condenser/evap. Coils & reversing valves rarely fail when installed correctly.

Date created: 2013-01-28 Name: Robert Owens
Location: Riceville, TN

"4 reversing valves in two years"
Goodman unit is a piece of junk. A better use of this weight would be as a boat anchor. Although the parts are warranted the cost of the labor and freon is very expensive. We have spent over $2,000 dollars in the last couple of years on freon and labor. The unit was fixed the last time in mid September and has now broke another reversing valve. I will change manufacturers and buy a very long parts and labor warranty.I will never recommend Goodman to anyone for anything.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Sam lowery
Location: Lumberton North Carolina

"Don't recommend to buy"
New compressor, new evaporator coil, new external fan, new internal fan, new capistors for internal. Now it needs a external coil, plus a new electronic board, because it do not go into defrost mode, it,s only 7 years old. It gets serviced ever year, since we,ve had it. Now tell me would you buy this product.

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: Unhappy Goodman
Location: South Central Indiana

"Unbelieveable Failure!"
I had this system installed September '07 for +- $5,000. June of '10, the reversing valve went bad. Technician says: "Oh no, this doesn't look good. We've been having a lot of problems w/ these RV's in the Goodman." Come to find out, not only did it go out, it was also leaking and released most of refrigerant from the unit. Luckily, the part was under warranty, The refrigerant and labor, however, were not. August '10 the unit stops working again. Due to the leak causing low pressure in my system, the compressor is bad from running w/o sufficient coolant pressure. This also makes me think that maybe, just maybe, my low pressure monitor was bad ! What do you think? Luckily, this part was also under warranty. Total bill, w/o parts mind you, $1,000!! So basically, I have the unit totally re-built in 2010. Fast forward to yesterday, unit's not working. I'm told my compressor is locked up. Tech puts on a hard-start unit and the system still will not run. I call my original installer, and although I put new parts in it in 2010, and parts have a 5 year warranty, Goodman will not honor that warranty if the original installation date was in excess of 5 years prior. I think the thing that galls me the most is that neither Goodman nor my original installer will stand by the product. My contractor basically took me for $6,000 and has an "Oh well, you bought it and it's your problem" attitude.

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: GLENN HALL
Location: PACOLET SC

"If you want junk buy goodman"
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this experiance its not me weve had our unit for tree years and weve almost built a whole new unit buy repairs I had to spend three hundred dollars for freon when coils came apart two months ago now its compressor shot freon again I hope someone in corporate reads these from theyre customers,after reading all your complaints I really dont think they care but I think I will call the better business bureau with my complaints just in case someone hhas started a class action suite against goodman please dont forget to call me . I work at a large company and people talk owe sorry cant say anything good with all the time we have went without heat I would really like more than anything to talk w/ the ceo of goodman personally

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>