Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: RONALD DAVIS
Location: Bronson, FL

"Compressor out"
Bought the AC on 7-6-2013. On 1-2015, my compressor went out. It cost me $746.00 to get it fixed. I only had it 18 months and it cost me $4,555.00. I thought Goodman would last longer than 18 months. I'm not happy.

Date created: 2014-12-26 Name: J. Jackson
Location: Smithfield, VA

"Goodman heat pumps"
Goodman is the sorriest heat pump manufacturer I have ever encountered. I have had the evaporator coil replaced 2 times and it cost me hundreds of dollars. I contacted Goodman and they were no help at all. They keep wanting more and more information, with no resolution to the problem. I suggest nobody should buy a Goodman product, because if something goes wrong you will be left holding the bag for the cost of repairs. I will never in my lifetime buy another Goodman product.

Date created: 2014-12-15 Name: Linn Dietz
Location: Liverpool, PA

"Find another brand"
The unit is 5 years old. I replaced compressor after 3 years. Now it's out again. The unit has been worked on multiple other times as well. It's complete and total junk. I'm replacing it with a Trane. Goodman? Good riddance!

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: S. Cason
Location: Greenville, SC

"Big mistake!"
One of the biggest mistakes we've ever made! We bought our unit new 9 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. Our installer has been back 3 times since September just to get it running! The unit went out again 4 days ago and here we still sit with no heat in the middle of December! Goodman refuses to refund us our money. Do not purchase a product from this company! I wish we had not!

Date created: 2014-11-06 Name: B Kirby
Location: Roanoke, AL

"Worst piece of junk I ever bought"
I had a central air and heat unit installed in my home the last week in December, 2012. It worked till summer rolled around. I came home to turn the A/C on and it would not cool. The wires on ballast burned. The installation company soldered the wires back together. It worked for a short time, and then the evaporator core leaked Freon out. Replaced the core and it worked till the next spring, and then stopped cooling again. The compressor was bad after I had owned the unit for less than 2 years. I had that repaired and now, a few months later, the blower fan is bad and won't blow out from the vents. I'm in the process now of having it repaired. Don't know cost of that yet! I have already spent $900.00 of my money and now I have to repair this problem. I called the company and they would not help. I told them I was a very unsatisfied customer and they told me that was okay! They offered me no help on labor! I will never buy another buy another Goodman product of any kind. If I sold a product this bad I wouldn't expect any return business ever again! So beware, all these bad reviews should scare anyone away from this company!

Date created: 2014-10-23 Name: Kevin
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"Total piece of junk!"
We custom built our house and closed in spring of 2007. The builder installed 2 Goodman units at around $14,000. I asked about Trane units, but those were going to run me $21,000, so I settled on the Goodmans. My downstairs unit is a 13 SEER combo heat pump, and the upstairs unit is a 14 SEER split unit heat pump. From the moment we moved into the house, I've had nothing but problems with both of the units. In the 7 years we've lived in our house, 1 or both units have required unscheduled maintenance every time the seasons change and the thermostat moves from heat to cool or cool to heat. I have spent thousands of dollars repairing these things and have been thoroughly embarrassed 4 times when my AC wasn't working when I hosted overnight guests at my house! We're now building a new custom house with a different builder. Looking at the standard features of our new house, I quickly noticed Goodman units and immediately told the builder he was to find another brand.

Date created: 2014-09-14 Name: E. TOMINES
Location: GLENDALE, AZ

"Heat Pump compressor starts hard and loud"
I owned this heat pump for just over two years before it started breaking down. First, I changed the capacitor. Then, after 4 months another service call, and the changed the contactor. When I looked at the replacement parts, to my surprise it was made in China. American heat pump made in China. The heat pump compressor starts hard and loud.

Date created: 2014-08-31 Name: Barbara moore
Location: Wetumpka, AL

"We are not satisfied, nothing but trouble."
Nothing but trouble with it since we put it in.

Date created: 2014-08-20 Name: Emily
Location: North Carolina

"Crap!"
We had our Goodman installed less than 5 years ago and I can't count on both hands how many times we've had to call for service. It runs constantly in the winter and our electric bill doubled. In the summer it's one thing after another. Right now it is the end of August in NC and we've been without ac since yesterday......and by far this isn't the first time. The whole blower has gone out now. The installer told us he wish he had never started selling them because they've been the worst units he has ever seen. Spend a little extra and get a good, reputable unit and stay far away from these pieces of crap!

Date created: 2014-07-23 Name: Beverly Gonzalez
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ

"Goodman heat pumps suck!!!"
Dec 2013 had a Goodman 13 seer hp installed. Had problems right away because unit was not charged with refrigerant at factory. Unit runs constantly in winter and summer. Installer has come by and made excuses for why it isn't working. Received a case # July 16th with a promise from installer to get back to us reference having a factory installer come and look at the problem. Haven't heard from him and he won't return my calls. I would not recommend the installer or Goodman Heat Pumps to anyone!!! Just wish Goodman would come and take the unit and give me my money back.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>