Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: D. Davies
Location: Goodyear, AZ

"Very hard working little heat pump"
I was just reading the reviews of the other Goodman heat pump owners and am surprised that they've had such bad luck. We live in Phoenix and had a Beazer home built in 2000. The builder installed Goodman Heat Pumps in all the houses. Other than the shroud noise it has been a fantastic little unit! We now have a Taylor Morrison home and that Beazer house is a rental. After only 3 years this new a/c unit has already gone thru a capasitor. 3 years! Our little Goodman unit has only had two freon fills and one capasitor in twelve years! It just keeps going.. Very impressed with it.. It will eventually go (we have a home warranty) and when it does I will certainly feel like we've had our monies worth. Can't complain about how it has worked in the Arizona heat.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: C. Timmons
Location: Bryant AL.

"Extreme junk"
Unit is now 4 years old. broke during first year, second year, third year and 4th year. Heating bills of over $700, with over 2 inches of ice on the coils in Alabama, not alaska. Finally, stopped using unit and went back to good old 220 volt space heaters. Electric bill dropped 200 bucks going back to original heating. Pops reversing valves, compressor goes bad, expansion valves. The only thing that has worked properly is the fan and the blast coils. If you want to throw your money away, do yourself a favor and purchase a Goodman. No support from company. Seriously, a large class action lawsuit needs to put that company out of business. Unit is very loud, sounding like a sledge hammer when it shuts off in heat cycle.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: Jim Brown
Location: TN

"Would not purchase again"
My unit is five years old. I have replaced a capacitor, coil, and now my compressor is shot. Never again.

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: S. Belcher
Location: Richmond Va

"Excellent Unit"
We bought this unit in 1995 from Sears. I didn't have the unit serviced yearly. My motto: If isn't broke don't mess with it". This thing ran like a "train" unquote. haha Only thing I can say about this thing excellent unit.

Date created: 2012-06-15 Name: Filomena White
Location: Pikeville TN

"Terrible"
We owned this unit 3 years, nothing but problems, bad compressor, bad coils etc., Every year it brakes down. Called Goodman nothing but a run around. They just don't care. Would never purchase another. We all need to see about a class action suit. I think Goodman should replace my unit. It is a lemon.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: andy offman
Location: verona va

"Owner"
I was contacted by the company today and they are taking care of everything now. Thanks

Date created: 2012-06-12 Name: Andy Coffman
Location: Verona VA

"OWNER"
I have had my unit for four years and have had nothing but trouble every year which is something wrong. Last summer it froze up I called the dealer that installed it (Ronnie Ritchie Waynesboro Virginia) he told me it would be two weeks before he could get out so I called another dealer and it was low on freon($95.00). This year the same thing they came out in three days and said the Cole was bad waited two weeks to get Cole charged me $681.00 labor this was on Friday and on Tuesday my son call me and said you better get home big wet spot in the ceiling I called they came out tech could not find anything wrong as he was talking to his boss on the phone. I heard his boss tell him to try to get out of it to tell me the drain line was stopped up(funny thing it worked find until they replaced cole) hope someone from Goodman will call me.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: Jay
Location: Chesapeake Va

"Quality at a fair price and a great warranty"
I'm a technician that started a company to provide people with quality work at a fair price we install many different brands of equipment and they all can have there share of problems but a huge part of any heating and cooling equipment is checking your installers reviews cause most problems with equipment goes back to it being installed or maintained incorrectly we have installed over 1000 goodman units in the past and we had one unit with a refrigerant leak from the factory that goodman paid us to repair other than that we have had no failures we have had problems with units that others have installed goodman warranties parts with no questions ask then we advice customers on the corrections that need to be made that caused part failure to begin with. If the installer had done their job correctly they would not be losing a customer to us and blaming it on the equipment. Bottom line check the company out before you let them install your system that you will be stuck with for 15+ years I love when customers ask for reviews and my customers love to tell people what a great job we did that's the way it should be

Date created: 2012-05-21 Name: j. steele
Location: spokane wa

"Piece of junk"
As a company we installed Goodman equipment for approx 4 years and we have replaced countless TX valves. We have also had a lot of units blow the cap tube on the reversing valve and dump the refrigerant charge. Also we had one customer's second reverse valve break less than 7 months after it was replaced and Goodman is not being helpful at all. Goodman equipment is junk. We spent more money on warranty work for this product than we ever saved. Don't waste your money on this garbage. we have now been installing 2 other brands over the last 2 to 3 years with minimal issues.

Date created: 2012-05-17 Name: J H Toole
Location: Tucson Az

"We have two heat and a/c 2/3 yrs old"
We have two heat and a/c 2/3 yrs old. Repair man here now, was here 4 days ago, and a week ago. Both units have lost total coolant, along with other problems. We know the company repairmen by first name. We are covered by for parts and labor so these people are not trying to make a buck from us. The company owner has this product in his home and has ongoing problems. He no longer sells Goodman. We are trying to get Goodman to replace both but so far no. We are considering replacing with a leading brand that our company is offering at his price free, install on roof , and including crane. Would be interested in legal action if one is started. My husband is 83 years and I'm not far behind. We get hot in Tucson Arizona and need reliable equipment.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>