Consumer Reviews of Goodman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Goodman heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-03-19 Name: Edward Barker
Location: Greensboro, NC

"What a POS product/company"
We had to have our old heat pump replaced after 15 years of reasonably trouble-free service. Our HVAC service company gave us a choice of Goodman and another better-known name brand. We chose the Goodman because it was $500 less. Big mistake. The unit never cooled very well in the summer and now, after slightly less than 3 years of use, all the Freon leaked out from the outside unit's compressor and coil. $275 for the service call to diagnose the problem, and our HVAC company informs us that Goodman will not replace the unit because "there have been no prior problems". So of what use was the so-called 10-year warranty? Another $575 to replace the coil and compressor, and that is the "discounted" rate from the service/installation company. Goodman is not worth a damn in my opinion. Whether I get this unit repaired or replace it I will never - ever! - buy another heat/AC/heat pump from this lousy company again. I only wish I had read up on them before purchasing, but we were in need of a new unit asap. Don't buy this company's lousy products with their useless warranty. Caveat emptor.

Date created: 2015-03-13 Name: L. Buckland
Location: Sunset Beach, NC

"Inferior product"
Purchased this unit on 6/17/2014 for our beach house. We leave the heat on at 52 degrees during winter when the house is unoccupied to prevent water pipes from freezing. I went to the house on 3/10/15 and found the heat pump not working. Called a repairman who determined it had a bad circuit board. This after only 8 months of operation. To my regret we purchased this unit to replace a 6-year-old Goodman heat pump that not only stopped working after 6 years but was badly rusted. Not only were we not able to stay in the house (with no heat) but we have a burst water pipe that will require a plumber to fix.
Date created: 2015-02-22 Name: Allan Elliott
Location: Cookeville, TN

"Losing money on a product that is not dependable"
Read the ratings and that says it all. Do not buy a Goodman. Spend more money for a better product. This is my second winter with a new Goodman heat pump. It has broken twice since purchasing. By the time I am done fixing it again this winter, I will have spent close to a thousand dollars on a product that was brand new. I tried to save money. I had a Trane for 17 years, no problem until two years ago and I had to replace it. Trane was more expensive but I should have done it. Don't make the same mistake; buy a different brand.
Date created: 2015-02-13 Name: Roger Timms
Location: Poinciana, FL

"Great system"
I couldn't be happier. It works great. The unit is quiet. I have a 2 ton heat pump with a 2.5 ton air handler, a multi-speed compressor and an ecm fan on the air handler. It has great connectivity with the internet, my phone and thermostat. It has an incredible warranty. The compressor is warrantied for the rest of my life. Get a true professional to install it, that is the key. It's a high tech system, all electronic, inside and out; not the typical system the "low ball" company puts in. It took a bit longer to put in, but it's worth it. There are many "tricks" to that perfect system. Wash the system with nitrogen when you braze. Deposits will clog smaller areas of the unit. Make sure they charge the unit properly. I highly recommend this. Do it right the first time and pay the price for an expert. Saving a hundred bucks will cost you thousands in poor operation and utility bills.
Date created: 2015-01-27 Name: D. Baker
Location: Peoria, AZ

"Widow without heat"
My heat pump (only five years old) failed on Christmas 2014. My Goodman coil needed to be replaced. No problem, I thought. I have a 10-year warranty for parts. That's what my contract says. But no, I had to wait 3 weeks without heat for the part and then paid $2100 to have it installed. Goodman did not honor the warranty and will not return my phone call. So buyer beware.
Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: RONALD DAVIS
Location: Bronson, FL

"Compressor out"
Bought the AC on 7-6-2013. On 1-2015, my compressor went out. It cost me $746.00 to get it fixed. I only had it 18 months and it cost me $4,555.00. I thought Goodman would last longer than 18 months. I'm not happy.
Date created: 2014-12-26 Name: J. Jackson
Location: Smithfield, VA

"Goodman heat pumps"
Goodman is the sorriest heat pump manufacturer I have ever encountered. I have had the evaporator coil replaced 2 times and it cost me hundreds of dollars. I contacted Goodman and they were no help at all. They keep wanting more and more information, with no resolution to the problem. I suggest nobody should buy a Goodman product, because if something goes wrong you will be left holding the bag for the cost of repairs. I will never in my lifetime buy another Goodman product.
Date created: 2014-12-15 Name: Linn Dietz
Location: Liverpool, PA

"Find another brand"
The unit is 5 years old. I replaced compressor after 3 years. Now it's out again. The unit has been worked on multiple other times as well. It's complete and total junk. I'm replacing it with a Trane. Goodman? Good riddance!
Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: S. Cason
Location: Greenville, SC

"Big mistake!"
One of the biggest mistakes we've ever made! We bought our unit new 9 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. Our installer has been back 3 times since September just to get it running! The unit went out again 4 days ago and here we still sit with no heat in the middle of December! Goodman refuses to refund us our money. Do not purchase a product from this company! I wish we had not!
Date created: 2014-11-06 Name: B Kirby
Location: Roanoke, AL

"Worst piece of junk I ever bought"
I had a central air and heat unit installed in my home the last week in December, 2012. It worked till summer rolled around. I came home to turn the A/C on and it would not cool. The wires on ballast burned. The installation company soldered the wires back together. It worked for a short time, and then the evaporator core leaked Freon out. Replaced the core and it worked till the next spring, and then stopped cooling again. The compressor was bad after I had owned the unit for less than 2 years. I had that repaired and now, a few months later, the blower fan is bad and won't blow out from the vents. I'm in the process now of having it repaired. Don't know cost of that yet! I have already spent $900.00 of my money and now I have to repair this problem. I called the company and they would not help. I told them I was a very unsatisfied customer and they told me that was okay! They offered me no help on labor! I will never buy another buy another Goodman product of any kind. If I sold a product this bad I wouldn't expect any return business ever again! So beware, all these bad reviews should scare anyone away from this company!
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>