Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-04-09 Name: Judy Note
Location: Pennsylvania

"I URGE YOU AVOID GOODMAN"
3 year after installation this 16 seer professionally installed heat pump has had 6 parts replaced and still will not work correctly. It's been nothing but a headache, never had a month yet where we didn't have a huge electric bill because it won't work with digital +1-1 thermostats. They replaced and moved three different models of Honeywell thermostats. It absolutely will not run without emergency heat on even if the outside temp is above 50. We had a York previously with zero issues until it died at 20 years old. I urge anyone looking for a heat pump to stay away from Goodman. Their customer service reps are not kind and they have hidden rules for the ten year warranty. It's not a good company or product.

Date created: 2014-01-24 Name: Todd Clodfelter
Location: NC

"BAD AS IT GETS"
13 years, orig owner serviced twice a year, fixed/replaced parts twice a year.

Date created: 2013-11-17 Name: Don Falo

"Desperate For A Solution"
Our compressor went bad and we had it replaced. A few days after it was installed, it started making a lot of noise when it would start to run. We called our furnace guy and told him and he came to look at it and said there was nothing wrong. I then preceded to tell him when we first got the heat pump when it would start to run, it only made a whooshing sound. He still insisted that it was fine. The noise is now getting louder and our neighbors have complained because it is on the side of the house their bedroom window is. I cannot blame them because it is driving us crazy also. We then took it one step further and emailed Goodman and told them our situation. We never heard anything from them. Desperate for some kind of solution.

Date created: 2013-09-20 Name: Vic Lewis
Location: N. Chesterfield, VA

"Proper Installation is the Key"
I am an HVAC contractor in the business for over 35 years. I have been installing Goodman for the past 15+ years. I have only had problems with one unit that I installed and Goodman replaced that unit with no problems. I have found that Goodman has excellent units at most reasonable prices. Their parts and labor warranties are 10 years. Customers must register their new units with Goodman to get this warranty. Also, the cost of the labor warranty is much better (cheaper) than the big brand companies. If installed correctly, such as proper line sizing, wire sizing, supply and return duct sizing, proper control setup, proper evacuation, will ensure that the unit will operate efficiently with no problems. 95%+ of the time, problems are caused by improper installation. I highly recommend Goodman units. And, on those rare occasions that a problem does occur beyond your warranty, parts are less expensive than most name brand units (and perhaps some off-brand units). Proper maintenance on a regular basis, such as filter changes, coil cleaning, drain lines blown out will go a long way to a trouble free system.

Date created: 2013-08-23 Name: Rodney Michael Thornhill
Location: Martinsville

"I Love Goodman"
I am an HVAC/R Tech/Installer. I take pride in my work. If you get a bad installer you will have problems. The new R410a unit must be installed using dry nitrogen while brazing the copper lines together. So many half-ass installers don't do this. This prevents black partials from building up in the lines. If that happens, the TXV's will clog up. What this means is, they will need to be replaced. These valves are bolt on and if they were removed and not reinstalled properly then yes, you will have leaks. However, the same goes for any brand. All units have the same internal parts.

Date created: 2013-07-10 Name: Elaine Burnette
Location: halifax, VA

"Nothing But Trouble"
Our Goodman heat pump was purchased in 2009 and in less than 4 years, we have had 4 parts replaced and maintenance 6-8 times. This has cost us quite a bit of money to pay the maintenance fees. The parts are under warranty, but not maintenance charges.

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: dennis

"My goodman is great"
I am HVAC tech/installer ... I have a 3 ton Goodman heat pump with a hydraulic coil installed two years ago and has never skipped a beat. People have to realize its 410a not r22 anymore and many more precautions have to be taken during installation. all my units installed air leak tested at 400psi for 24 hours and are brought to a vacuum under 400 microns. No complaints if its done right.

Date created: 2013-04-02 Name: G SANCHEZ
Location: SAN ANTONIO TX

"Bad Reviews"
It is human nature to let everyone know when something has gone wrong, but when something good is done, you hardly ever hear about it. as an electrical & hvac contractor I come across improper installation 90% of the time. The fact that you are blaming goodman to be a bad product is wrong. The same compressor, fan motor, and circuit boards on a goodman are the same in a trane, carrier, rheem, and etc. And yes there will be some defected ones as all mass produce products have. I have installed a large amount of goodman and amana with very little defects. I am more then sure if the unit fails prematurely, 90% of the time was caused by improper installation. Every aspect has to match for the unit to fully function correctly which include tonage size, return air size, supply duct size, copper line installation, and the most over looked item is the electrical size of your service.

Date created: 2013-03-30 Name: C.Burrill
Location: concord va

"Goodman heat punps"
I have been installing hvac units for 10+ years. Goodman units are good, most of these problems sound like they are from poor installations. Ive had a Goodman in my house for 11 years and have not had any of these problems.

Date created: 2013-03-28 Name: K Phillips
Location: philadelphia TN

"Do not buy goodman"
5 ton unit is five years old. Extremely noisy right from the crate. Several freon leaks over the five years. Dead cold of winter compressor is out. Repair is replacing with a new unit in the morning.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>