Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-08-31 Name: Barbara moore
Location: Wetumpka, AL

"We are not satisfied, nothing but trouble."
Nothing but trouble with it since we put it in.

Date created: 2014-08-20 Name: Emily
Location: North Carolina

"Crap!"
We had our Goodman installed less than 5 years ago and I can't count on both hands how many times we've had to call for service. It runs constantly in the winter and our electric bill doubled. In the summer it's one thing after another. Right now it is the end of August in NC and we've been without ac since yesterday......and by far this isn't the first time. The whole blower has gone out now. The installer told us he wish he had never started selling them because they've been the worst units he has ever seen. Spend a little extra and get a good, reputable unit and stay far away from these pieces of crap!

Date created: 2014-07-23 Name: Beverly Gonzalez
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ

"Goodman heat pumps suck!!!"
Dec 2013 had a Goodman 13 seer hp installed. Had problems right away because unit was not charged with refrigerant at factory. Unit runs constantly in winter and summer. Installer has come by and made excuses for why it isn't working. Received a case # July 16th with a promise from installer to get back to us reference having a factory installer come and look at the problem. Haven't heard from him and he won't return my calls. I would not recommend the installer or Goodman Heat Pumps to anyone!!! Just wish Goodman would come and take the unit and give me my money back.

Date created: 2014-07-18 Name: A. Lopez
Location: Texas

"Very Unsatisfied"
I just had the unit installed on 7-4-14 and I'm already having problems. Unit is not cooling, is not shutting on and off, and the outside unit makes a weird loud sound ( like if it' s going to break). The installer recommended this brand so I trusted him, but as I'm finding out, this brand is bad.

Date created: 2014-07-16 Name: rich k

"They are as good as who installed them"
Have had no problems at all with my unit. My unit was installed properly and that makes all the difference in the world. Most all the reviews I read are the fault of how unit was installed.

Date created: 2014-06-15 Name: Faithfulgalme
Location: T-Town, AL

"NO! Repair yearly"
My home (90 years old) was renovated starting in 2008, I viewed and had it inspected Nov 2009. I moved in Jan 2010. The unit is a 13 seer and was probably a sell-off/end of line model. Since fall 2010 (end of summer) it has been repaired every year. At $85 a visit plus repair cost, no less than $160 for a proper repair, including very expensive old type freon (several hundred dollars for that). Last Nov. I tried a new company, recommended by a friend. Well, it worked fine for about 6 weeks. The weather got bad and the inside temperature didn't do what it usually did. So, based on the "new" repair company's messy job on my gas fireplaces, I figured the problem was the repair. I was 1/2 right. I must have been low on freon (if not out), the repair company missed this; thus, the fan motor got overworked and my bill from December to April got as high as $800-1100. yup! The most expensive maintenance/repair in my home is the goodman. I've added metal roofing to the front and back porches ($1400), fixed a cast iron pipe with a sewer blockage ($700), replaced 7 six-foot windows (less than $8000 for high-end brand). Nothing compares to the stress and continual repair needs of the goodman! The problem with the unit: fan motor out, coil leaking and low freon, $2500+ to repair. I'm researching replacement brands

Date created: 2014-04-09 Name: Judy Note
Location: Pennsylvania

"I URGE YOU AVOID GOODMAN"
3 year after installation this 16 seer professionally installed heat pump has had 6 parts replaced and still will not work correctly. It's been nothing but a headache, never had a month yet where we didn't have a huge electric bill because it won't work with digital +1-1 thermostats. They replaced and moved three different models of Honeywell thermostats. It absolutely will not run without emergency heat on even if the outside temp is above 50. We had a York previously with zero issues until it died at 20 years old. I urge anyone looking for a heat pump to stay away from Goodman. Their customer service reps are not kind and they have hidden rules for the ten year warranty. It's not a good company or product.

Date created: 2014-01-24 Name: Todd Clodfelter
Location: NC

"BAD AS IT GETS"
13 years, orig owner serviced twice a year, fixed/replaced parts twice a year.

Date created: 2013-11-17 Name: Don Falo

"Desperate For A Solution"
Our compressor went bad and we had it replaced. A few days after it was installed, it started making a lot of noise when it would start to run. We called our furnace guy and told him and he came to look at it and said there was nothing wrong. I then preceded to tell him when we first got the heat pump when it would start to run, it only made a whooshing sound. He still insisted that it was fine. The noise is now getting louder and our neighbors have complained because it is on the side of the house their bedroom window is. I cannot blame them because it is driving us crazy also. We then took it one step further and emailed Goodman and told them our situation. We never heard anything from them. Desperate for some kind of solution.

Date created: 2013-09-20 Name: Vic Lewis
Location: N. Chesterfield, VA

"Proper Installation is the Key"
I am an HVAC contractor in the business for over 35 years. I have been installing Goodman for the past 15+ years. I have only had problems with one unit that I installed and Goodman replaced that unit with no problems. I have found that Goodman has excellent units at most reasonable prices. Their parts and labor warranties are 10 years. Customers must register their new units with Goodman to get this warranty. Also, the cost of the labor warranty is much better (cheaper) than the big brand companies. If installed correctly, such as proper line sizing, wire sizing, supply and return duct sizing, proper control setup, proper evacuation, will ensure that the unit will operate efficiently with no problems. 95%+ of the time, problems are caused by improper installation. I highly recommend Goodman units. And, on those rare occasions that a problem does occur beyond your warranty, parts are less expensive than most name brand units (and perhaps some off-brand units). Proper maintenance on a regular basis, such as filter changes, coil cleaning, drain lines blown out will go a long way to a trouble free system.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>