Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2007-05-25 Name: M.breeding
Location: greenup,ky

I purchased a condensor 6 years ago and a air handler 1 1/2 years ago.The compressor went out on the condensor.It's a 2 ton 10 seer which they don't make any more so you can't put a new condensor on the new air handler.You have to a whole new set up.Because the warranty ran out a year ago.I think they sould give you something off a new unit.Since they didn't tell people the air handler would be useless.Unless i want a 1 1/2 ton.

Date created: 2007-05-14 Name: Edward
Location: Crestview, Fl

I am a HVAC and refrigeration mechanic. I have been working on all types of units all my life from childhood. I have attended many schools and have worked on environmental chambers such as cascade systems etc. for government contractors. I own and installed a Goodman unit in my home about 8 years ago. I feel if the duct work is correct and the installation is done properly, the line of Goodman equipment is great stuff. In some cases installation may cause bad reviews. I have never had to do any repair to my unit at all for the last 8 years and had great service out of it. I have on some of the other brands that I have installed in my other houses had to replace Fan Motors, Contactors, Capacators etc. I feel good about Goodman Equipment.

Date created: 2007-04-12 Name: H. Shaffer
Location: Waynesboro, Va.

I just purchased a Goodman heat pump. I have never heard an outdoor unit make so much noise. I have talked with the company who installed it and they say that is normal for this unit. Would never recommend one!

Date created: 2007-04-09 Name: Larry Vee
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada

I live in Montreal Quebec Canada. Here, the winters are cold and the summers are hot and humid. I didn't know much about Goodman heat pumps until my old Rheem heat pump broke down and I started to search for a new replacement heat pump. I purchased a Goodman heat pump because of the Goodman lifetime manufactures warranty on the scroll compressor and the 10 year parts and labour on the rest of the unit. These warranties outdo any of the other heat pumps that I looked at. It's been two years since I purchased my Goodman heat pump and it's been working great, without any problems. My heating in the winter is perfect and my summers are very cool. I'll write another review at the five year mark and see if everything is still working fine. (and no, I don't work for Goodman!)

Date created: 2007-03-19 Name: Robert B
Location: Sacramento,Ca

All can say at this time is its very,very good!!!! I rate it @9.

Date created: 2006-12-12 Name: D Worley
Location: Florence S.C.

Inside coil leaks and repeat repair didn't fix problem. Please don't buy this product.