Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2007-11-08 Name: B. Ziemer
Location: Surprise, AZ

Built a home in 2001. Contractor put in a 3 ton 13 seer Goodman Heat pump. Had an AC contractor out to look at my condensor unit which went out. When contactor turned unit on, compressor literally blew up in his face. Just found out warranty for heat pump functional parts (i.e. compessor) was for only 5 years. Made call to the Goodman Company directly to let them know that the product they are putting out is not of very high quality when it only lasts 1 year past it's warranty.

Date created: 2007-10-16 Name: J Rothwein
Location: Chalfont, Pa

After 16 years the original heat pump in our home quit. After reading as much as I could about different brands we settled on a Goodman 14 seer unit. It was installed by a very professional local company. It is very quiet and seems to cool the house much better than our old unit of the same tonnage. The warranty is 10 years parts and labor and lifetime on the compressor.After all I have read I believe it is a good choice to purchase a product where company funds go into the product instead of advertising. If you are a do it yourselfer avoid the systems online that advertise a 14 seer system, but come with a 13 seer compressor and a variable speed air handler. Make sure you get the 14 seer compressor unit.

Date created: 2007-10-12 Name: Jeff
Location: Washington

I have been installing goodman for the last 2 1/2 years and have nothing but good to say. I have not had a one problem with goodman, unless of course it was my own error. Goodman is one of the two brands that I know of that has a GREAT warranty. 10 yr parts, and a LIFETIME on the compressor! If I am not mistaking, I believe, if the compressor should ever go bad, they will replace the entire condesor (TO THE ORIGIONAL OWNER).

Date created: 2007-07-10 Name: Ed Gill
Location: Brandon, Florida

Just bought a Goodman 13 seer 3 ton heat pump. good looking and a good price. Noise problem coming from the compresser. Installer said this is normal for a Goodman. You can hear it as you drive up to the house. GOODMAN states it is very quiet but i could not find the dbm reads in anything they publish. Beware if if the homes are close to each other.

Date created: 2007-06-23 Name: T. McMullen
Location: Applegate, California

I have owned a Goodman 13 SEER heat pump since 2002 and have never experienced a breakdown or interruption in service. It came with a ten year warranty for parts and labor, something I could not find on any other manufacturer. When this unit wears out I will certainly replace it with another Goodman unit.

Date created: 2007-05-30 Name: D. Henderson
Location: Newark, DE

My husband finally installed a new High Efficiency Goodman Heat Pump and it is wonderful! I have noticed lower electric and heating bills. The heat is warm and the AC rocks. Great warranty too!

Date created: 2007-05-25 Name: M.breeding
Location: greenup,ky

I purchased a condensor 6 years ago and a air handler 1 1/2 years ago.The compressor went out on the condensor.It's a 2 ton 10 seer which they don't make any more so you can't put a new condensor on the new air handler.You have to a whole new set up.Because the warranty ran out a year ago.I think they sould give you something off a new unit.Since they didn't tell people the air handler would be useless.Unless i want a 1 1/2 ton.

Date created: 2007-05-14 Name: Edward
Location: Crestview, Fl

I am a HVAC and refrigeration mechanic. I have been working on all types of units all my life from childhood. I have attended many schools and have worked on environmental chambers such as cascade systems etc. for government contractors. I own and installed a Goodman unit in my home about 8 years ago. I feel if the duct work is correct and the installation is done properly, the line of Goodman equipment is great stuff. In some cases installation may cause bad reviews. I have never had to do any repair to my unit at all for the last 8 years and had great service out of it. I have on some of the other brands that I have installed in my other houses had to replace Fan Motors, Contactors, Capacators etc. I feel good about Goodman Equipment.

Date created: 2007-04-12 Name: H. Shaffer
Location: Waynesboro, Va.

I just purchased a Goodman heat pump. I have never heard an outdoor unit make so much noise. I have talked with the company who installed it and they say that is normal for this unit. Would never recommend one!

Date created: 2007-04-09 Name: Larry Vee
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada

I live in Montreal Quebec Canada. Here, the winters are cold and the summers are hot and humid. I didn't know much about Goodman heat pumps until my old Rheem heat pump broke down and I started to search for a new replacement heat pump. I purchased a Goodman heat pump because of the Goodman lifetime manufactures warranty on the scroll compressor and the 10 year parts and labour on the rest of the unit. These warranties outdo any of the other heat pumps that I looked at. It's been two years since I purchased my Goodman heat pump and it's been working great, without any problems. My heating in the winter is perfect and my summers are very cool. I'll write another review at the five year mark and see if everything is still working fine. (and no, I don't work for Goodman!)