Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-03-27 Name: laura

Best I ever had

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: J Moudy
Location: Missouri

1 year old 3 1/2 ton unit. Has a bad coil in the air handler--contractor will not back up the warranty and we called Goodman--they said we would have to find another contractor, remove the unit, take it to the distributor, wait approx. 2 weeks for a replacement, and then the new contractor could install it. We decided to upgrade the unit to a variable speed unit (comes with a new coil)--since we were upgrading Goodman would not replace the bad coil. Stinks!!!

Date created: 2008-03-15 Name: J. Matthews
Location: Chesterville, Ontario

The unit was installed Feb 20, 2007 and had to be replaced Mar 13 2008, just over the warranty period. It has required service 5 times in the last year. The unit is very noisy and that problem has yet to be resolved.

Date created: 2008-03-11 Name: john
Location: KY

We have been very happy with our goodman.no problems at all.going on four years now.the main thing that i like is these units are made in usa where alot of other brands have went over seas.the quality is just not there with the other brands made overseas.goodman all the way.

Date created: 2008-03-06 Name: don
Location: Missouri

We have only lived in our new house 3 months and it has been the worst winter in 20 yrs . Unfortunately our heat pumps have been the worst ever also. This goodman we were told were great for the price has been replace twice now so this third one will not be a goodman. My utility has been high and they have failed twice breaking down completely. They are very loud and having owned several homes in 25 yrs the worst.

Date created: 2008-02-27 Name: D. HILL

I have had nothing but good luck with my goodman 13 seer 4t. on split units u guys need to blame alot on installer for not doing their job correctly the first time not pulling a vacuum will cause compressor failure in few years , overcharge of freon will not cool properly incorrect duct work installed will not have enough air flow

Date created: 2007-11-08 Name: B. Ziemer
Location: Surprise, AZ

Built a home in 2001. Contractor put in a 3 ton 13 seer Goodman Heat pump. Had an AC contractor out to look at my condensor unit which went out. When contactor turned unit on, compressor literally blew up in his face. Just found out warranty for heat pump functional parts (i.e. compessor) was for only 5 years. Made call to the Goodman Company directly to let them know that the product they are putting out is not of very high quality when it only lasts 1 year past it's warranty.

Date created: 2007-10-16 Name: J Rothwein
Location: Chalfont, Pa

After 16 years the original heat pump in our home quit. After reading as much as I could about different brands we settled on a Goodman 14 seer unit. It was installed by a very professional local company. It is very quiet and seems to cool the house much better than our old unit of the same tonnage. The warranty is 10 years parts and labor and lifetime on the compressor.After all I have read I believe it is a good choice to purchase a product where company funds go into the product instead of advertising. If you are a do it yourselfer avoid the systems online that advertise a 14 seer system, but come with a 13 seer compressor and a variable speed air handler. Make sure you get the 14 seer compressor unit.

Date created: 2007-10-12 Name: Jeff
Location: Washington

I have been installing goodman for the last 2 1/2 years and have nothing but good to say. I have not had a one problem with goodman, unless of course it was my own error. Goodman is one of the two brands that I know of that has a GREAT warranty. 10 yr parts, and a LIFETIME on the compressor! If I am not mistaking, I believe, if the compressor should ever go bad, they will replace the entire condesor (TO THE ORIGIONAL OWNER).

Date created: 2007-07-10 Name: Ed Gill
Location: Brandon, Florida

Just bought a Goodman 13 seer 3 ton heat pump. good looking and a good price. Noise problem coming from the compresser. Installer said this is normal for a Goodman. You can hear it as you drive up to the house. GOODMAN states it is very quiet but i could not find the dbm reads in anything they publish. Beware if if the homes are close to each other.