Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-05-24 Name: B. Crawford
Location: Senoia, GA

"Goodman, leaks waiting to happen"
I had 2 Goodman units installed in 2000, replaced the downstairs unit 3 years ago because of coil leaks. Replacing upstairs unit this year, again leaks. Went with a Trane 3 years ago and no problems yet. Probably will replace upstairs unit with a Trane Also.

Date created: 2008-05-16 Name: JP Reeves
Location: Tazewell, VA

I bought a Goodman 16 seer heat pump, and the unit was shipped with a bad compressor. And Goodman now states that there is no warranty on unit bought over the internet. Looks like I'm out $700.00(new compressor)plus $400 for the install! Think Twice Before You Buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2008-05-13 Name: Richard Hynes
Location: Sarasota, FL

First year, bad fan motor. Covered under warranty but labor was $200. Then a stuck reversing valve. Part under warranty. Waited three weeks for parts, Goodman is bad at stocking parts locally. $450 to replace. Second year, lost compressor. $600 labor. Had system removed and a new Bryant installed. Two years now, no problems and electric bill about $80 to $100 less. Goodman is the choice of cheap builders, unlicensed contractors, moonlighters and just plain hacks. More reliable contractors generally install top brand units. By cheap, pay double. I sure learned the hard way.

Date created: 2008-05-03 Name: L. Anglin
Location: Commerce, GA

Save yourself money and headaches, donít buy a Goodman. This has to be the worst product on market. Unit is only 3 1/2 years old and already had a Technician out 6 times. Now the compressor is gone. Going to replace everything with another brand name.

Date created: 2008-05-03 Name: Nancy Moore
Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina

I had the heat pump installed along with a new air carrier. 1 week after installing they had to come back. Now 3 years later it doesn't work at all. I got the warranty for parts. Now I have to pay for a service call and labor. The thing is very noisy and blows cold air all winter. If something breaks in 3 years then its not good workmanship. Next time I will get a Trane. It's like the auto Kia. They give a 10 year warranty because they know it's gonna break soon. Would not recommend a Goodman to anyone!

Date created: 2008-05-01 Name: T. Poppy
Location: Arkansas

I bought my home 3 years ago and the compressor on my unit has already gone out. This is unbelievable! I feel like a unit should last a lot longer than 3 years. I understand the part is covered, but the labor is not. We are now going to be out $200 to get this unit fixed, and this is a $200 discount from the contractor. I think your company should over better coverage for your units since they're supposed to be so good. I'm very disappointed in this unit.

Date created: 2008-04-12 Name: Flex
Location: NA

Just bought one (4/11/08). My son is a heating and air guy. I trust his judgment. We are putting it in tomorrow. He is licensed to do this. I'm very lucky!! But I've heard bad things, he says there's nothing to worry about. My last unit was a Carrier lasted 8 years -- good / bad I don't know. I have a friend that recently bought a 3 1/2 ton trane. The compressor went out in 1 year. So how do you know. I will let you all know yearly.

Date created: 2008-04-07 Name: L Barber
Location: Rock Hill, SC

We put in two Goodman heat pumps with our new house--one for upstairs, one for down. They will heat, but they run constantly on auxiliary power(regardless of what's showing on the temperature gauge), resulting in two months of $800 electric bills, versus the $180 average we'd had during the summer. The installer has been out a few different times and can't or won't fix it and the manufacturer was no help when I called them. Granted, in my case the problem is as much with the installer as the product. I just think it's sad we paid in full for a product we can't use without going into debt for electric.

Date created: 2008-03-27 Name: laura

Best I ever had

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: J Moudy
Location: Missouri

1 year old 3 1/2 ton unit. Has a bad coil in the air handler--contractor will not back up the warranty and we called Goodman--they said we would have to find another contractor, remove the unit, take it to the distributor, wait approx. 2 weeks for a replacement, and then the new contractor could install it. We decided to upgrade the unit to a variable speed unit (comes with a new coil)--since we were upgrading Goodman would not replace the bad coil. Stinks!!!