Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-05-01 Name: T. Poppy
Location: Arkansas

I bought my home 3 years ago and the compressor on my unit has already gone out. This is unbelievable! I feel like a unit should last a lot longer than 3 years. I understand the part is covered, but the labor is not. We are now going to be out $200 to get this unit fixed, and this is a $200 discount from the contractor. I think your company should over better coverage for your units since they're supposed to be so good. I'm very disappointed in this unit.

Date created: 2008-04-12 Name: Flex
Location: NA

Just bought one (4/11/08). My son is a heating and air guy. I trust his judgment. We are putting it in tomorrow. He is licensed to do this. I'm very lucky!! But I've heard bad things, he says there's nothing to worry about. My last unit was a Carrier lasted 8 years -- good / bad I don't know. I have a friend that recently bought a 3 1/2 ton trane. The compressor went out in 1 year. So how do you know. I will let you all know yearly.

Date created: 2008-04-07 Name: L Barber
Location: Rock Hill, SC

We put in two Goodman heat pumps with our new house--one for upstairs, one for down. They will heat, but they run constantly on auxiliary power(regardless of what's showing on the temperature gauge), resulting in two months of $800 electric bills, versus the $180 average we'd had during the summer. The installer has been out a few different times and can't or won't fix it and the manufacturer was no help when I called them. Granted, in my case the problem is as much with the installer as the product. I just think it's sad we paid in full for a product we can't use without going into debt for electric.

Date created: 2008-03-27 Name: laura

Best I ever had

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: J Moudy
Location: Missouri

1 year old 3 1/2 ton unit. Has a bad coil in the air handler--contractor will not back up the warranty and we called Goodman--they said we would have to find another contractor, remove the unit, take it to the distributor, wait approx. 2 weeks for a replacement, and then the new contractor could install it. We decided to upgrade the unit to a variable speed unit (comes with a new coil)--since we were upgrading Goodman would not replace the bad coil. Stinks!!!

Date created: 2008-03-15 Name: J. Matthews
Location: Chesterville, Ontario

The unit was installed Feb 20, 2007 and had to be replaced Mar 13 2008, just over the warranty period. It has required service 5 times in the last year. The unit is very noisy and that problem has yet to be resolved.

Date created: 2008-03-11 Name: john
Location: KY

We have been very happy with our goodman.no problems at all.going on four years now.the main thing that i like is these units are made in usa where alot of other brands have went over seas.the quality is just not there with the other brands made overseas.goodman all the way.

Date created: 2008-03-06 Name: don
Location: Missouri

We have only lived in our new house 3 months and it has been the worst winter in 20 yrs . Unfortunately our heat pumps have been the worst ever also. This goodman we were told were great for the price has been replace twice now so this third one will not be a goodman. My utility has been high and they have failed twice breaking down completely. They are very loud and having owned several homes in 25 yrs the worst.

Date created: 2008-02-27 Name: D. HILL

I have had nothing but good luck with my goodman 13 seer 4t. on split units u guys need to blame alot on installer for not doing their job correctly the first time not pulling a vacuum will cause compressor failure in few years , overcharge of freon will not cool properly incorrect duct work installed will not have enough air flow

Date created: 2007-11-08 Name: B. Ziemer
Location: Surprise, AZ

Built a home in 2001. Contractor put in a 3 ton 13 seer Goodman Heat pump. Had an AC contractor out to look at my condensor unit which went out. When contactor turned unit on, compressor literally blew up in his face. Just found out warranty for heat pump functional parts (i.e. compessor) was for only 5 years. Made call to the Goodman Company directly to let them know that the product they are putting out is not of very high quality when it only lasts 1 year past it's warranty.