Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-06-21 Name: Kathy L
Location: Efland, NC

"This unit sucks!"
This unit is the cheapest of the cheap, builder-quality (means it's crappy) heat pump. Bought our house when it was 3-4yrs old and has had to have repairs each of the last 3 years, we've only lived here for 5 total. Blower broke, it's broken again right now, heating coils rusted. The unit is in crawl space under house. Don't ever let someone put in a "Builders-quality" product for something this important.

Date created: 2008-06-11 Name: L. McCombs
Location: Odenville, AL

"Goodman Heat Pump"
I have owned my heat pump for almost 4 years. Until recently, I was happy with it. Was surprised to have to sink $600 in it in such a short period of time. Coil in air handler, contactor and capillary tube had to be replaced.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: K.H.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"QUIT COMPLAINING PEOPLE"
You people complain about the equipment when the fact is your problems are most likely due to poor installation and service. Spend the money to have a licensed qualified company do the install instead of taking the lowest price and whining about it later. I see this all the time as the unlicensed moonlighters will put systems in cheap and since Goodman is lower priced equipment they tend to use this brand more. Truth is, the best and highest priced system installed by one of these types is crap. You get what you deserve by using these low priced moonlighters!!!

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: G. Reid
Location: Manakin Sabot, VA

"VA Gentleman"
Outside coil failed in year 8. Will not purchase another Goodman ....

Date created: 2008-06-06 Name: Ryan
Location: Montgomery, AL

"Goodman"
I just built a new home last year. A Goodman heat pump was installed. I have had no problems. My electric bill averages $90.00 during the summer and less than that during the winter.

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: Ernie
Location: Florence, SC

"Noisy but fixed by local repairman"
Bought new 4 ton heat pump, very noisy...finally the installer found it. The water deflector pan was vibrating against the electric strip housing. Once he cut a corner off the deflector pan, the noise went away. Other than that, the unit has been working great.

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Hendrix Heating

"Jl hendrix heating contractor"
Reply to customer who owns 2 heating systems, your problems are most likely do to poor installation, aux. heat backs up the heat pumps if needed and the temperature in the home drops 2 degrees below the stat setting, it also works any time the unit in defrost mode, if the units are under sized you may have this problem, poor air circulation will cause your units to run a lot, lack of insulation will cause the same thing, I know customers that have 2 systems and the electric bill approx. 250.00-300.00 in 2400 sq. ft. home

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Larry Vee
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Mr."
This is my third year with the Goodman Heatpump, 2 1/2 ton 13 seer, and I love it. The heat bills in the winter are great. My neighbor only uses oil to heat and it costs him over $2300.00 in oil to heat his house. With my Goodman heat pump, I have oil bills of only $300.00 per year. I have dual energy so in the summer it costs me just pennies to cool my home. No problems in my third year with Goodman. My family and I are very satisfied with the heat pump.

Date created: 2008-05-29 Name: G.P.
Location: Alabama

"Almost made it"
My 3t split unit lasted nine years. I had to call service technicians for the summers of 2006 and 2007. They replaced a relay and capacitor respectively. The service calls were inexpensive, but now the compressor had died (summer of 2008) and I received an estimate of $1000 for parts and labor. The technician said the average life span for the Goodman’s in my area (North Alabama) is 10~12 years. I wished I had received that many trouble-free years out of my unit.

Date created: 2008-05-28 Name: Raymond E. Hagley
Location: Jerome, Idaho

"Great Quality"
I just had a 3 ton 16 seer heat pump, a coil, variable speed fan, and electronic air cleaner installed on the 22nd of May. The installer brazed all of the joints, it was his claim the quick connects break down after a few years. That is probably the reason my Trane dealer was back every two years with a refill. This heat pump is very quite and makes a lot less noise than my old Trane. My advice would be to get a professional installer and you won't have any problems--the whole system is quite-I am eagerly awaiting my first electric bill.