Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-06-06 Name: Ryan
Location: Montgomery, AL

"Goodman"
I just built a new home last year. A Goodman heat pump was installed. I have had no problems. My electric bill averages $90.00 during the summer and less than that during the winter.

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: Ernie
Location: Florence, SC

"Noisy but fixed by local repairman"
Bought new 4 ton heat pump, very noisy...finally the installer found it. The water deflector pan was vibrating against the electric strip housing. Once he cut a corner off the deflector pan, the noise went away. Other than that, the unit has been working great.

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Hendrix Heating

"Jl hendrix heating contractor"
Reply to customer who owns 2 heating systems, your problems are most likely do to poor installation, aux. heat backs up the heat pumps if needed and the temperature in the home drops 2 degrees below the stat setting, it also works any time the unit in defrost mode, if the units are under sized you may have this problem, poor air circulation will cause your units to run a lot, lack of insulation will cause the same thing, I know customers that have 2 systems and the electric bill approx. 250.00-300.00 in 2400 sq. ft. home

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Larry Vee
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Mr."
This is my third year with the Goodman Heatpump, 2 1/2 ton 13 seer, and I love it. The heat bills in the winter are great. My neighbor only uses oil to heat and it costs him over $2300.00 in oil to heat his house. With my Goodman heat pump, I have oil bills of only $300.00 per year. I have dual energy so in the summer it costs me just pennies to cool my home. No problems in my third year with Goodman. My family and I are very satisfied with the heat pump.

Date created: 2008-05-29 Name: G.P.
Location: Alabama

"Almost made it"
My 3t split unit lasted nine years. I had to call service technicians for the summers of 2006 and 2007. They replaced a relay and capacitor respectively. The service calls were inexpensive, but now the compressor had died (summer of 2008) and I received an estimate of $1000 for parts and labor. The technician said the average life span for the Goodmanís in my area (North Alabama) is 10~12 years. I wished I had received that many trouble-free years out of my unit.

Date created: 2008-05-28 Name: Raymond E. Hagley
Location: Jerome, Idaho

"Great Quality"
I just had a 3 ton 16 seer heat pump, a coil, variable speed fan, and electronic air cleaner installed on the 22nd of May. The installer brazed all of the joints, it was his claim the quick connects break down after a few years. That is probably the reason my Trane dealer was back every two years with a refill. This heat pump is very quite and makes a lot less noise than my old Trane. My advice would be to get a professional installer and you won't have any problems--the whole system is quite-I am eagerly awaiting my first electric bill.

Date created: 2008-05-24 Name: B. Crawford
Location: Senoia, GA

"Goodman, leaks waiting to happen"
I had 2 Goodman units installed in 2000, replaced the downstairs unit 3 years ago because of coil leaks. Replacing upstairs unit this year, again leaks. Went with a Trane 3 years ago and no problems yet. Probably will replace upstairs unit with a Trane Also.

Date created: 2008-05-16 Name: JP Reeves
Location: Tazewell, VA

I bought a Goodman 16 seer heat pump, and the unit was shipped with a bad compressor. And Goodman now states that there is no warranty on unit bought over the internet. Looks like I'm out $700.00(new compressor)plus $400 for the install! Think Twice Before You Buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2008-05-13 Name: Richard Hynes
Location: Sarasota, FL

First year, bad fan motor. Covered under warranty but labor was $200. Then a stuck reversing valve. Part under warranty. Waited three weeks for parts, Goodman is bad at stocking parts locally. $450 to replace. Second year, lost compressor. $600 labor. Had system removed and a new Bryant installed. Two years now, no problems and electric bill about $80 to $100 less. Goodman is the choice of cheap builders, unlicensed contractors, moonlighters and just plain hacks. More reliable contractors generally install top brand units. By cheap, pay double. I sure learned the hard way.

Date created: 2008-05-03 Name: L. Anglin
Location: Commerce, GA

Save yourself money and headaches, donít buy a Goodman. This has to be the worst product on market. Unit is only 3 1/2 years old and already had a Technician out 6 times. Now the compressor is gone. Going to replace everything with another brand name.