Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: Janice Fulton
Location: Vandalia, Ohio

"Very Disgruntled Customer"
I have had nothing but problems with the Goodman mini-split ductless units that I had installed. Both units have needed repairs almost yearly, some repairs have been very costly. I would not recommend Goodman units. I had to spend $573.00 today on one unit and it is still not working correctly

Date created: 2008-07-17 Name: C Strahan
Location: Wetumpka, Al

"Ms."
Purchased home in 2006. Goodman Heat Pump 6 yrs old. I don't know if previous owner had any repairs but we have already had 1 due to leak in tubing. Now we are in the process of replacing the coil in the air handler. Goodman Mgr Co. said part out of warranty and would not replace. Even if part in warranty the installation charge would be $550.00 to replace coils.

Date created: 2008-07-11 Name: G. Maynard
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Retail Advisor for Greater Raleigh Region"
Very loud and runs all the time. Have had two service calls so far when freon leaked out twice. Now the fan sounds like an old model t Ford. Came new with the house. Should I just jerk them both out and go with another brand or suffer with these on again and off again units?

Date created: 2008-06-29 Name: P Etheridge
Location: Milton, FL

"Completely satisfied"
I have owned my Goodman unit for a little over 11 years, and I am completely satisfied with the way it heats and cools. In that period of time, I have had a total of (4) service calls. One was to have a fan motor replaced, that was covered under the warranty, which, by the way, was a 10 year warranty, that covered all functional parts. The second was for a bad relay, which I believe cost me a total of $65.00. I normally do most of the maintenance work, such as cleaning coils. keeping drain lines clear, etc. One time I had the company that installed the unit to perform this work, and paid $85.00 for that. The unit has never had to be recharged with freon. I don't know why so many have had so many problems on this forum. The only reason I could think of, is perhaps the contractors may be cutting corners somewhere?

Date created: 2008-06-23 Name: Ray Worsham
Location: Central Texas

"Bad news"
The unit I have did not last a year. I will not run more than a few days without failing. The coils are rotting and this thing is only five years old. If you love paying the HVAC contractor and the electric utility this is the brand for you. It is no wonder they do not put a badge on the units.

Date created: 2008-06-22 Name: Ric
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"36 year old Goettl finally gives up the ghost"
After 3 years of patching, this 36 year old Goettl 2.5 ton package unit finally started short cycling. To be honest about it, everything other than the coils had been replaced. Just a tribute to the ORIGINAL Goettls... During the last compressor replacement 5 years ago, the bozo serviceman left the cap tubes lying against each other and wore holes/leaks in 'em over 2 years, hence, my going up on the roof for the last 3 years and sleeving leaking cap tubes and recharging the system every summer. I had to decide whether to spend another $300- $500 on a replacement compressor and associated labor/parts costs (besides finding an a/c tech that knew more than me!)and replacing the old unit this spring. Replaced it with a Goodman GPH1330H (seer 13) with a Copeland (Emerson) scroll compressor and 2 speed blower. So far the Goodman unit works like a charm. The scroll compressor is so quiet, you can barely hear it over the noise of air flow from the ducts. Frankly, I've had more problems figuring out how to program the digital thermostat, but it's coming along. -Ric

Date created: 2008-06-21 Name: Kathy L
Location: Efland, NC

"This unit sucks!"
This unit is the cheapest of the cheap, builder-quality (means it's crappy) heat pump. Bought our house when it was 3-4yrs old and has had to have repairs each of the last 3 years, we've only lived here for 5 total. Blower broke, it's broken again right now, heating coils rusted. The unit is in crawl space under house. Don't ever let someone put in a "Builders-quality" product for something this important.

Date created: 2008-06-11 Name: L. McCombs
Location: Odenville, AL

"Goodman Heat Pump"
I have owned my heat pump for almost 4 years. Until recently, I was happy with it. Was surprised to have to sink $600 in it in such a short period of time. Coil in air handler, contactor and capillary tube had to be replaced.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: K.H.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"QUIT COMPLAINING PEOPLE"
You people complain about the equipment when the fact is your problems are most likely due to poor installation and service. Spend the money to have a licensed qualified company do the install instead of taking the lowest price and whining about it later. I see this all the time as the unlicensed moonlighters will put systems in cheap and since Goodman is lower priced equipment they tend to use this brand more. Truth is, the best and highest priced system installed by one of these types is crap. You get what you deserve by using these low priced moonlighters!!!

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: G. Reid
Location: Manakin Sabot, VA

"VA Gentleman"
Outside coil failed in year 8. Will not purchase another Goodman ....