Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: Roland Woodworth
Location: Clarksville,TN

"Lemon Unit"
I have had issues with my unit since it was installed. The company who put it in has replaced numerous parts repeatedly. I have been trying to get this unit replaced and keep getting a run around and now it's like oh were not responsible for your problems. I was told a rep would come and look at my unit and this never happened. I would not recommend a Goodman unit to anyone at this time.

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: M K Armstrong
Location: MD

"New heat pump"
Just had one installed this week. Asked if they are always this noisy. Told that was as quiet as it gets. I'm waiting for the neighbors to complain. Will call contractor back to see if this is the case or if something can be done to shut it up. This is a two zone set up with an existing Trane unit which you never hear. The only way you know it's running is when you feel the air coming from the vents I told him to buy a York, or another Trane. Did he listen. no!

Date created: 2008-09-07 Name: L Cox
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Lots of Problems with this Junk"
1 year and 1 month old. 5 service calls now. 1st two were installer problems. ie: electronic set-up. Next circuit breaker went bad (how often does that happen?) Next, compressor failure during week of ~100 degree days. Took 8 days to get a replacement. Now compressor failed again. Service response has been excellent, just a piss-poor product.

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Don Holder
Location: Houston

"Bad Heat Pump"
(Owned 5 days) 4 ton Heat Pump come from distributor with a hole in the condenser coil(in line with a screw hole, used to long a screw, assembling) this hold was not discovered until the unit was installed and started leaking coolant. Distributor (ACWholesalers of FL) only concerned with shipping problems/damage.... no help. Called Goodman, they said deal with distributor + said no warranty on internet sales -- great price, bad workmanship/warranty most likely will never buy another Goodman

Date created: 2008-08-15 Name: G.W. Whaley
Location: Virginia

"Installer"
Folks, I've been installing Goodman equipment for over 20 years and have had good results. Their warranty is great for new homeowners just starting out. My advice to anyone buying a new unit these times is buy as high efficiency a unit as you can afford that contains the new r410a refrigerant and check out your installers previous work. Not everyone with a set of manifold gauges is a trust worthy HVAC tech. The majority of my repair calls consist of fixing up behind someone who just wanted to get the money and run...so buyer beware...

Date created: 2008-08-09 Name: Unhappy Goodman Customer
Location: Tampa, FL

"What a noisy pile of junk"
My condensing unit is so noisy that my neighbors complained to the police. I now have two cinder blocks on top to stop the vibration. The contractor talked me into this product saying it was great. What a mistake I made buying it. Now I am stuck with a $5000 pile of junk!

Date created: 2008-08-05 Name: P Swackhammer
Location: Ohio

"My Goodman Heat Pump"
This unit lasted 10 years without any trouble, then all of a sudden the compressor went out. We are going to get another heat pump instead of putting more money in this one.

Date created: 2008-08-03 Name: D Gazaway
Location: Wilson, Oklahoma

"Heat pump dont cool at all"
We have had a lot of trouble with it sents we got it . I think the compresser is out again I wish some new how to fix it right, we cant afford to keepfixing it

Date created: 2008-07-28 Name: Don James
Location: Pittsboro, NC

"It's Good, Man"
We had a Train unit before and it couldn't heat or cool the far rooms of the house. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer. The Goodman works very well. So far so good. The Train had a 10 year warranty and the compressor went out at 9 years. They wanted $1500-2000 to put a new compressor in with no warranty. The Goodman was $2500 installed with a 15 year warranty. I'll get back to you in a few years.

Date created: 2008-07-20 Name: Russ
Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Good unit for a good price"
Bought an existing 12 year old home with 3 zones, all Goodman heat pumps, all running like a top. As a mechanical engineer, I've done the research like some, but I've also been involved with investigating failures. As some have said on this post, most of the failures I have seen over the last 20-years that weren't "bad out of the box" (and anybody can get one of those), were the cause of the installer. I can't count the number of failures I see caused by undersized ductwork or incorrectly installed refrigerant line sets trapping oil, or incorrect refrigerant charges causing unit failures. There are manufacturers installation instructions for a reason. So when these do finally fail, I will replace them with Goodman, with a quality mechanic for a proper installation.