Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-01-15 Name: P Bruni
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

"GREAT PRODUCT"
Does everything they said it would. Lowered elec bills heats and cools house and even my sons room is warm or cool now and never was with my old unit. Don't hesitate get a Goodman. Make sure you match the outdoor unit with the indoor unit and they run so good together. Variable speed is a must.

Date created: 2009-01-12 Name: C. March

"Goodman HVAC Heat Pumpps"
Five years ago I had three Goodman HVAC units installed in my house (1- 1.5t, 1-@.5t, 1- 3t). Since the installation my 1.5t compressor went out and it's less expensive to replace the entire HVAC unit then to replace the compressor. I had to completely replace my 3t unit because the blower unit coils rusted beyond repair and continually leaked freon, and now my 2.5t unit will not shut off. I have spent several thousands of dollars calling HVAC technicians as Goodman avoids doing anything to assist. I am completely unhappy with the units and if anyone takes these blogs seriously...Do Not buy a Goodman unit!!!

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: P. Siegel
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Goodman Heat Pump"
I have reservations about the build quality of my Goodman builder special heat pump installed on my Phoenix home. After just a couple years, the unit stopped cooling. The problem was traced to some improperly installed refrigerant lines that chaffed, developed a hole, and leaked. The local Goodman distributor was much less than helpful in getting the problem fixed. He finally agreed to pay for half of the repair costs. I have had a recurring problem with the contactor burning. The compressor will run, but the fan does not come on. When that happens, I know enough to just go get another contactor. Several technicians have been unable to identify why this keeps happening. When the unit got to be about 8 years old, it developed a slow leak in one of the coils. Repair estimates were about $750. I elected instead to recharge the unit, which would last for 8 - 9 months. Now a recharge gets me about 4 - 5 months.

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: Phillip Davidson
Location: New Bern, North Carolina

"Goodman package unit"
My landlord installed a package unit on the home I rent. This thing is loud with vibrations on most every cycle. My neighbors can hear it inside their home with their doors and windows closed.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: M. McBroom

"OK so far"
My unit is 8 years old. So far, it's operating okay. I've had only a couple of minor problems. It is slightly noisy, but not any more so than other brands that we had previously.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: Kevin Wade
Location: Terrace BC. Canada

"Home Works: Mr"
Been reading the reviews here, wow. I install these and they are a goodproduct. I have a 2.5ton 10 seer unit over a Carrier 92% Nat Gas Furnace. I run it down to -4degC (24degF) in a 1750sq ft + heated crawl space House. Just a thought of things Home owners have to do to help themselves. ~Keep unit clean of debris(snow/grass clippings and leaves). ~Noise in house: Make sure the copper lines are insulated and not touching copper to wood/metal. You will get noise transmission from the condensing unit if it is touching. Pipe insulation to wood/metal is ok but bare copper to wood/metal equals noise. ~Insulation!Insulation!Insulation! ~Air to Air units will run longer in low temperature conditions(30degF) ~Keep doors and windows closed to keep your heat in. Drafty doors and windows do not help. ~Use a good auto-switching thermostat. Not one from the local Hardwear store. ~Heat Pumps are about changing our waistfull ways. You've taken this step to purchase one because of your energy cost. I turn people down for installs because the windows in there homes are substandard. It wouldblow out a candle on a windy day inside the home. The heat that heatpumps deliver are subtle over duration heat during low temp conditions. It will run longer. If the home is drafty that subtle heat will just get pushed out the door. ~Have your defrost interval time decreased if heavy icing is occuring. ~Lastly, keep check on the blower filter. If you don't use one, your coil will plug with lint, hair and dust.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: Mrs. Batch

"Would never buy Goodman again!"
We have an entire Goodman heat pump system (air handler and compressor)to control one zone of our house and Goodman compressors as part of the system in the other two zones. We have had nothing but trouble with the Goodman equipment in all three zones. However, the worst has been the Goodman system (air handler and compressor) which for over three years had a continuous problem which no one can seem to get to the bottom of. The thermostats installed with the systems were cheap and inaccurate. Stay away from Goodman!

Date created: 2009-01-07 Name: Mark
Location: Southern California

"Split unit"
Brand new unit and 2 boards already replaced. I am going to have it replaced with another name brand unit.

Date created: 2009-01-02 Name: John K
Location: North West Florida

"Goodman heatpump system 13 seer"
Replaced a 8 year old 2 ton Rheem unit, cooling with 3 ton Goodman when the garage was enclosed. Increased filter return by x2, Tech used copper test equipment and checked super heat. Cooling works good, 70degrees inside with 99 degrees outside and unit cycles. Have 10 kw back up heat, With mild winter in Florida heat works fine,

Date created: 2009-01-01 Name: D. West
Location: North Vernon, Indiana

"HKR-20C"
I agree with Joe from Kentucky. I'm having the same problem. I put it in myself, the end of last winter. Now, I've been studying the wiring schemes to try & figure a way to get the elements to burn (increase amps) a little hotter. Havenít followed thru yet, & I'm doubtful of a satisfactory outcome. Frustrated!!!