Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-12-19 Name: R Carr
Location: S E Pennsylvania

"Goodman Heat Pump"
Heat Pump works good and backup heat seldom needed. However, the unit is noisey! 3 1/2 ton unit with a scroll comp. Whenever it goes into defrost it sounds like it is going to blow up for about 5 to 10 seconds then it settles down and defrosts itself but then the noise returns again when it comes out of defrost and lasts about the same amount of time. It is coming from the compressor and sounds like liquid being sucked into the unit. It is not overcharged and I guess it is just the nature of the beast.

Date created: 2008-12-11 Name: Charlie Patton
Location: Bethlehem, PA

"Sounds like a Cessna"
I am writing my opinion on the heat pump at my Grandma's 3,800 square foot condo in PA. The house was built about 1994 and the central air/heat pump are believed to be original. It is single-zoned and is a little weak when it comes to keeping the second floor comfortable. The unit does a very good job of heating/cooling the house even in the most extreme of temperatures, but it is noisy as hell and makes a noise like an airplane and vibrates the floors of the master bathroom, as well as keeping anyone sleeping in the basement bedroom next to the air handler awake. In my opinion it is a very reliable unit, just kind of cheaply made and noisy. Also, no matter how good the unit is (even expensive Trane units have this problem), heat pumps will struggle to heat a house in temperatures below 32 degrees.

Date created: 2008-12-11 Name: Daniel Fisher
Location: South Lebanon, OH

"Engineer"
New home installation. Sub-Contractor did a "development" type installation - as fast and as dirty as possible. My unit runs 24/7, but I have to say - bill is cheap when comparing other 1900sq. ft. homes. Furthermore I am investigating some a botched insulation install from the builder. My unit had to be serviced 9 times before the A/C contractor found a defective restrictor in the compressor (was machined too small - simulating a low freon condition) WOO-HOO!!! Recently - my emerg. heater coils have been tripping their breaker - here we go!

Date created: 2008-12-11 Name: Joe
Location: Kentucky

"Goodman heat pump runs allnight?"
I have had this Goodman unit for 4 mouths. The air worked ok, but the heat pump runs all day and night when it is like 30 outside or colder, it just doesn’t put out hot heat to shut the heat pump off, the aux heat will come on for about 5mins and it puts out cold air when it is on, that cools the house back down, I have it set on 72 and it will get up to 72 but go back down to 71 and never get the house up to 73 to kick the unit off, it needs to put out warmer heat, Goodman is junk, if you like high bills you will have one if you get a Goodman heat pump!!!

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: Bill
Location: Mercersburg, PA

"Goodman Sucks"
Brand new unit ..never stops running never heats and never cools...Contractor says it's the best unit on the market..He is as good a contractor as the unit he installed.

Date created: 2008-12-01 Name: B.Gallagher
Location: New Jersey

"I HATE THE GOODMAN PRODUCT"
I am very dissatisfied with the Goodman Heat Pump. The Goodman unit replaced a Lenox unit and I have had issues ever since. First of all, in the heating mode it runs for 20 minutes, stops for about 10-15 minutes, and starts up again. I am finding that it is running 40 minutes out of every hour. Also, like other reviewers, it is so noisy, it wakes me up during the night, and with the tv on, I cannot hear it due to the noise generated by this unit, which as I said, runs almost constantly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: Dave
Location: Delaware

"Cheap, cheap, cheap"
Back when I bought this unit 6 years ago, some on the Internet boards were saying Goodman made junk, and some were saying those days were past, that it's a good brand now. I had a heat pump and air handler installed in my house. First thing that I noticed when inspecting the heat pump was two copper lines rubbing together--a leak waiting to happen. Fixed that. About a year later, during summer, found a pool of water around the air handler. Turns out, the drip tray is made of cheap, brittle plastic and had split when the installers put in the condensate line. I managed to seal the crack with PVC cement, rather than pay hundreds to have the tray replaced. This past summer, one day the A/C unit would not shut off, even after the air handler had stopped and the thermostat turned off. Had to flip the circuit breaker and the problem seemed to fix it self. Now, during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the blower motor has failed. No emergency heat available. I noticed early on that the units were constructed with the cheapest sheet metal, Chinese boards and valves, and Mexican made motors. I will never buy another product from this company.

Date created: 2008-11-24 Name: Cheryl Streeval

"Goodman Heat Pump"
We have had nothing but problems with our Goodman heating and cooling equipment. We have had five service calls in a little over a year, now our blower is so loud it keeps us up at night. The goverment should take Goodman products off the market.

Date created: 2008-11-22 Name: J.GAINER
Location: Pineville, WV

"Gph1360h21ab"
Very noisey, air is cool when heat is on

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: T. Dietz
Location: Owenton, KY

"New 4 ton heat pump"
Have 4 ton 16 seer heat pump, electric backup. Blower noisy inside house; never seems to shut off and blows cold; Was highly recommended by our local utility company for efficiency and the company we hired. Our utility bills were outrageous last winter. Over $700 a month last winter. No wonder the utility company recommends it! In first place, heat pumps don't belong in the north; maybe down south. Wish I had done my research more thoroughly!