Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-02-13 Name: Roger Timms
Location: Poinciana, FL

"Great system"
I couldn't be happier. It works great. The unit is quiet. I have a 2 ton heat pump with a 2.5 ton air handler, a multi-speed compressor and an ecm fan on the air handler. It has great connectivity with the internet, my phone and thermostat. It has an incredible warranty. The compressor is warrantied for the rest of my life. Get a true professional to install it, that is the key. It's a high tech system, all electronic, inside and out; not the typical system the "low ball" company puts in. It took a bit longer to put in, but it's worth it. There are many "tricks" to that perfect system. Wash the system with nitrogen when you braze. Deposits will clog smaller areas of the unit. Make sure they charge the unit properly. I highly recommend this. Do it right the first time and pay the price for an expert. Saving a hundred bucks will cost you thousands in poor operation and utility bills.

Date created: 2015-01-27 Name: D. Baker
Location: Peoria, AZ

"Widow without heat"
My heat pump (only five years old) failed on Christmas 2014. My Goodman coil needed to be replaced. No problem, I thought. I have a 10-year warranty for parts. That's what my contract says. But no, I had to wait 3 weeks without heat for the part and then paid $2100 to have it installed. Goodman did not honor the warranty and will not return my phone call. So buyer beware.

Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: RONALD DAVIS
Location: Bronson, FL

"Compressor out"
Bought the AC on 7-6-2013. On 1-2015, my compressor went out. It cost me $746.00 to get it fixed. I only had it 18 months and it cost me $4,555.00. I thought Goodman would last longer than 18 months. I'm not happy.

Date created: 2014-12-26 Name: J. Jackson
Location: Smithfield, VA

"Goodman heat pumps"
Goodman is the sorriest heat pump manufacturer I have ever encountered. I have had the evaporator coil replaced 2 times and it cost me hundreds of dollars. I contacted Goodman and they were no help at all. They keep wanting more and more information, with no resolution to the problem. I suggest nobody should buy a Goodman product, because if something goes wrong you will be left holding the bag for the cost of repairs. I will never in my lifetime buy another Goodman product.

Date created: 2014-12-15 Name: Linn Dietz
Location: Liverpool, PA

"Find another brand"
The unit is 5 years old. I replaced compressor after 3 years. Now it's out again. The unit has been worked on multiple other times as well. It's complete and total junk. I'm replacing it with a Trane. Goodman? Good riddance!

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: S. Cason
Location: Greenville, SC

"Big mistake!"
One of the biggest mistakes we've ever made! We bought our unit new 9 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. Our installer has been back 3 times since September just to get it running! The unit went out again 4 days ago and here we still sit with no heat in the middle of December! Goodman refuses to refund us our money. Do not purchase a product from this company! I wish we had not!

Date created: 2014-11-06 Name: B Kirby
Location: Roanoke, AL

"Worst piece of junk I ever bought"
I had a central air and heat unit installed in my home the last week in December, 2012. It worked till summer rolled around. I came home to turn the A/C on and it would not cool. The wires on ballast burned. The installation company soldered the wires back together. It worked for a short time, and then the evaporator core leaked Freon out. Replaced the core and it worked till the next spring, and then stopped cooling again. The compressor was bad after I had owned the unit for less than 2 years. I had that repaired and now, a few months later, the blower fan is bad and won't blow out from the vents. I'm in the process now of having it repaired. Don't know cost of that yet! I have already spent $900.00 of my money and now I have to repair this problem. I called the company and they would not help. I told them I was a very unsatisfied customer and they told me that was okay! They offered me no help on labor! I will never buy another buy another Goodman product of any kind. If I sold a product this bad I wouldn't expect any return business ever again! So beware, all these bad reviews should scare anyone away from this company!

Date created: 2014-10-23 Name: Kevin
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"Total piece of junk!"
We custom built our house and closed in spring of 2007. The builder installed 2 Goodman units at around $14,000. I asked about Trane units, but those were going to run me $21,000, so I settled on the Goodmans. My downstairs unit is a 13 SEER combo heat pump, and the upstairs unit is a 14 SEER split unit heat pump. From the moment we moved into the house, I've had nothing but problems with both of the units. In the 7 years we've lived in our house, 1 or both units have required unscheduled maintenance every time the seasons change and the thermostat moves from heat to cool or cool to heat. I have spent thousands of dollars repairing these things and have been thoroughly embarrassed 4 times when my AC wasn't working when I hosted overnight guests at my house! We're now building a new custom house with a different builder. Looking at the standard features of our new house, I quickly noticed Goodman units and immediately told the builder he was to find another brand.

Date created: 2014-09-14 Name: E. TOMINES
Location: GLENDALE, AZ

"Heat Pump compressor starts hard and loud"
I owned this heat pump for just over two years before it started breaking down. First, I changed the capacitor. Then, after 4 months another service call, and the changed the contactor. When I looked at the replacement parts, to my surprise it was made in China. American heat pump made in China. The heat pump compressor starts hard and loud.

Date created: 2014-08-31 Name: Barbara moore
Location: Wetumpka, AL

"We are not satisfied, nothing but trouble."
Nothing but trouble with it since we put it in.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>