Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Gainesville, Florida, USA

"Goodman Heat Pump as Good as It Gets"
We have owned our heating pump for over ten years, and have never had one minutes worry with it. We have, of course, had the maintenance people come out to clean out the air lines about once a year, but you have to do that with any brand. People may not think it gets cold enough to need a good heat pump here in Florida, but they would be wrong. Sometimes in the winter, it gets down into the teens, and because most of the year it is much warmer here than many places, the houses are not as well insulated against cold as they are up north. While we have had this heat pump, it has always been just as simple as the flick of a switch, and within 10 minutes, the whole house is toasty warm. As I said earlier, we have never had to have it repaired, so in my opinion, this has been a great heat pump. I would purchase from this manufacturer again if I ever had to replace it, and I would recommend this brand to anyone who needed one.

Date created: 2015-11-19 Name: Dorrene Stanley
Location: Reidsville, NC

"Stay Away, Goodman is a scam"
Bought a unit because of the warranty and dealer recommendation. The unit is less than 2 years installed and has had several leaks of Freon throughout the copper tubing. Bottom line is that Goodman has deliberately sold defective units knowing the copper tubing and coils are springing coolant leaks due to the higher pressure that the new EPA friendly coolant runs at. We need to organize a class action lawsuit and make these scammers responsible!

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Quakertown, PA

"Reliable and energy-efficient"
We have owned our Goodman heat pump for about 3 years. It replaced a less-efficient model that was original to the home which was built in 1980. Since that time, we have only had one issue with it, which was with the air conditioning cooling line, and was covered under warranty. Our HVAC company had it repaired quickly, and we had no further issues. We have been very happy with its performance, and I would recommend a Goodman heat pump to my friends and family. Our house warms up fast in the winter, cools off quickly in the summer, and our electric bill has gone down since its installation.

Date created: 2015-10-09 Name: Derrick & Rolanda Carlisle
Location: Alabama

"This unit has been a nightmare."
This unit has been a nightmare.We bought this unit in 2008 and the very next year had to add Freon, then again before that summer was over. And every year after had them looking for leaks by cutting the wall. Nothing. This year we added Freon, it lasted 14 days. Mind you, this was the third time. The last time the repairman was here he said, I think this unit has a recall.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Canal Winchester, OH

"Avoid Goodman!!!"
I purchased this unit earlier this year in April of 2015. Mind you, it was relatively cool outside when I had it installed. I instantly noticed it wasn't cooling the house to the right temperature and when I turned on the heat, it was barely warming the house. I called the Goodman repairman to come back out to take a look at it and he said it couldn't possibly be the unit as it was brand new and that he recommended I get my ducts cleaned out. I went ahead and did that, hoping it would resolve the issue. Well, it hasn't. The house has the most stagnant air feel and there's a funny smell to it. I am so concerned about mold growth as there seems to be an increase in moisture as well. I continue to call them to have somebody come and replace my unit as it is clearly faulty and no one will do it! I am so frustrated and this is the absolute biggest waste of money I have ever seen. There's plenty of reviews online claiming to have similar issues so obviously its a faulty model. Stay away from Goodman! A complete scam!

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: Mildred warrington
Location: Trenton, TN

"Central unit"
Had it 5 years when the compressor went bad. Cost $480.00 to replace it and the compressor was under warranty for 5 more years. I am a senior citizen and money is scarce. Labor should be under the warranty too.

Date created: 2015-05-14 Name: patrick
Location: Portland, OR

"Goodman equipment failure"
I've been installing Goodman equipment for 12 years their equipment is great. 90% of failures are due to installation error, so hire a shop that knows what they're doing. All the equipment in the industry is using White-Rodgers or Honeywell control boards and Copeland compressors, so Goodman has nothing to do with a board going out. And, most compressors fail due to installation not being done correctly. Coils don't just need to be replaced. Talk to the installer and call some other company - they're making a ton of money off of you.

Date created: 2015-05-12 Name: R. Butcher
Location: Dayton, OH

"Do not waste your money"
I bought a Goodman heat pump in 2013. The motherboard and thermostat have had to be replaced twice now. I have not seen any savings on my electric bill even after insulating and siding my home. The only saving grace is that the company that installed it does not charge me to service it. I'd much rather not have to call for service but at least I'm not out any other money!

Date created: 2015-05-07 Name: Hector
Location: Lebanon, TN

"Run from this brand - Fast"
5Th year owning this 5 ton unit and I'm on the 3rd coil. The part is well covered under the warranty; however, it cost $850 for labor. Multiple that times 3 coil installs. This will be the last time I ever entertain buying this brand. If I have to replace the coil again next year, I'm pulling the unit and buying an American Standard.

Date created: 2015-04-20 Name: Chris Melvin
Location: Ashland, KY

"Horrible company/products"
In the 4 years I have owned this heat pump I can count on every season needing parts replaced. I'm sick of always having a broken heat pump at the worst times. Their customer service is a joke! They don't want to stand behind their product. I now have a compressor out after only 4 years and they refuse to cover the cost of labor. They brag about their warranty being so great but with the $1400 service call I have to pay myself I disagree. Do yourself a favor and buy from another company.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>