Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2008-10-08 Name: Bryan Graham
Location: Curwensville, PA

"Just installed my first"
Goodman heat pump. a 4 ton 16 seer. It's as quiet as a church mouse. If your system is loud then there must be an installation problem. Had a local Trane dealer put it in and compared it very favorably to Trane. Best warranty in the business, 10 years parts and lifetime compressor. Nobody else in the heat pump business offers this. My company has sold many Goodman heat pumps and has only 1 problem to speak of which was fixed the next day. We do also offer other heat pump brands but push Goodman because we have found them very reliable. I wouldn't risk my reputation on selling people junk. Reputation = Sales

Date created: 2008-10-07 Name: D Joyce
Location: Mentor, Ohio

"Like it"
I bought a 2t heat pump, air handler, heat coil. I installed myself to save money. If extensively read and understood the install directions and wiring schemes. All is well. I read all the reviews and my first thought was the installers are crappy and don't understand. Seems like the correct T-stats and settings weren't used etc. Try a White-Rogers if85-277, has all the correct terminals. Motor fan speed in Air Handler can be controlled by dip switches. In the process of installing same in my other home.

Date created: 2008-09-23 Name: More Than Unhappy
Location: Allen, TX

"Quality is a dying art"
I would absolutely never buy a Goodman again. I have been in my newly built townhouse 1 yr, 4 months and have had 9 warranty service calls, for multiple problems, including one recurring issue that no one can seem to resolve or take ownership of. I am currently waiting on the technician for a 10th call. This is the worst piece of crap ever!

Date created: 2008-09-15 Name: Nancy Laws

"Fuming over heat pump"
I've had this thing a little over 2 years now and guess what? It needs a compressor. Oh yeah it's covered under warranty. Labor and refilling the freon is going to be about $500 dollars. I had a Morvair unit that lasted 25 years. I paid the same ($3500) for that unit 25 years ago as I paid for this one. A lot of money back then, of course still not cheap. But at least I got my money's worth out of the Morvair. The Goodman is a piece of crap!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: D. Kuehn
Location: Joplin, MO

"Good ol' Goodman"
Our 3-ton, 10 seer package unit came with the house we bought 11 years ago. Every winter, we wonder if it'll make it one more time. And it always has...until now. The fan for the outside coils is having motor problems. But at this point, I am going to replace it. And I am going to replace it with a Goodman!

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: Roland Woodworth
Location: Clarksville,TN

"Lemon Unit"
I have had issues with my unit since it was installed. The company who put it in has replaced numerous parts repeatedly. I have been trying to get this unit replaced and keep getting a run around and now it's like oh were not responsible for your problems. I was told a rep would come and look at my unit and this never happened. I would not recommend a Goodman unit to anyone at this time.

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: M K Armstrong
Location: MD

"New heat pump"
Just had one installed this week. Asked if they are always this noisy. Told that was as quiet as it gets. I'm waiting for the neighbors to complain. Will call contractor back to see if this is the case or if something can be done to shut it up. This is a two zone set up with an existing Trane unit which you never hear. The only way you know it's running is when you feel the air coming from the vents I told him to buy a York, or another Trane. Did he listen. no!

Date created: 2008-09-07 Name: L Cox
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Lots of Problems with this Junk"
1 year and 1 month old. 5 service calls now. 1st two were installer problems. ie: electronic set-up. Next circuit breaker went bad (how often does that happen?) Next, compressor failure during week of ~100 degree days. Took 8 days to get a replacement. Now compressor failed again. Service response has been excellent, just a piss-poor product.

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Don Holder
Location: Houston

"Bad Heat Pump"
(Owned 5 days) 4 ton Heat Pump come from distributor with a hole in the condenser coil(in line with a screw hole, used to long a screw, assembling) this hold was not discovered until the unit was installed and started leaking coolant. Distributor (ACWholesalers of FL) only concerned with shipping problems/damage.... no help. Called Goodman, they said deal with distributor + said no warranty on internet sales -- great price, bad workmanship/warranty most likely will never buy another Goodman

Date created: 2008-08-15 Name: G.W. Whaley
Location: Virginia

"Installer"
Folks, I've been installing Goodman equipment for over 20 years and have had good results. Their warranty is great for new homeowners just starting out. My advice to anyone buying a new unit these times is buy as high efficiency a unit as you can afford that contains the new r410a refrigerant and check out your installers previous work. Not everyone with a set of manifold gauges is a trust worthy HVAC tech. The majority of my repair calls consist of fixing up behind someone who just wanted to get the money and run...so buyer beware...