Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: Phillip Davidson
Location: New Bern, North Carolina

"Goodman package unit"
My landlord installed a package unit on the home I rent. This thing is loud with vibrations on most every cycle. My neighbors can hear it inside their home with their doors and windows closed.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: M. McBroom

"OK so far"
My unit is 8 years old. So far, it's operating okay. I've had only a couple of minor problems. It is slightly noisy, but not any more so than other brands that we had previously.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: Kevin Wade
Location: Terrace BC. Canada

"Home Works: Mr"
Been reading the reviews here, wow. I install these and they are a goodproduct. I have a 2.5ton 10 seer unit over a Carrier 92% Nat Gas Furnace. I run it down to -4degC (24degF) in a 1750sq ft + heated crawl space House. Just a thought of things Home owners have to do to help themselves. ~Keep unit clean of debris(snow/grass clippings and leaves). ~Noise in house: Make sure the copper lines are insulated and not touching copper to wood/metal. You will get noise transmission from the condensing unit if it is touching. Pipe insulation to wood/metal is ok but bare copper to wood/metal equals noise. ~Insulation!Insulation!Insulation! ~Air to Air units will run longer in low temperature conditions(30degF) ~Keep doors and windows closed to keep your heat in. Drafty doors and windows do not help. ~Use a good auto-switching thermostat. Not one from the local Hardwear store. ~Heat Pumps are about changing our waistfull ways. You've taken this step to purchase one because of your energy cost. I turn people down for installs because the windows in there homes are substandard. It wouldblow out a candle on a windy day inside the home. The heat that heatpumps deliver are subtle over duration heat during low temp conditions. It will run longer. If the home is drafty that subtle heat will just get pushed out the door. ~Have your defrost interval time decreased if heavy icing is occuring. ~Lastly, keep check on the blower filter. If you don't use one, your coil will plug with lint, hair and dust.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: Mrs. Batch

"Would never buy Goodman again!"
We have an entire Goodman heat pump system (air handler and compressor)to control one zone of our house and Goodman compressors as part of the system in the other two zones. We have had nothing but trouble with the Goodman equipment in all three zones. However, the worst has been the Goodman system (air handler and compressor) which for over three years had a continuous problem which no one can seem to get to the bottom of. The thermostats installed with the systems were cheap and inaccurate. Stay away from Goodman!

Date created: 2009-01-07 Name: Mark
Location: Southern California

"Split unit"
Brand new unit and 2 boards already replaced. I am going to have it replaced with another name brand unit.

Date created: 2009-01-02 Name: John K
Location: North West Florida

"Goodman heatpump system 13 seer"
Replaced a 8 year old 2 ton Rheem unit, cooling with 3 ton Goodman when the garage was enclosed. Increased filter return by x2, Tech used copper test equipment and checked super heat. Cooling works good, 70degrees inside with 99 degrees outside and unit cycles. Have 10 kw back up heat, With mild winter in Florida heat works fine,

Date created: 2009-01-01 Name: D. West
Location: North Vernon, Indiana

"HKR-20C"
I agree with Joe from Kentucky. I'm having the same problem. I put it in myself, the end of last winter. Now, I've been studying the wiring schemes to try & figure a way to get the elements to burn (increase amps) a little hotter. Havenít followed thru yet, & I'm doubtful of a satisfactory outcome. Frustrated!!!

Date created: 2008-12-30 Name: L Blanks
Location: Fayetteville, GA

"Quality of Installers Is The Key"
I had a Goodman 3-1/2 ton, 13 seer unit installed as a replacement about two years ago. The company and the techs that installed it were excellent. Even the owner of the company was part of the installation crew. The Goodman unit has been and is working perfectly. I'm very satisfied, not only with the hardware, but especially with the company and the team that installed it. That's the key to a successful installation and a satisfied customer.

Date created: 2008-12-21 Name: Alan
Location: Portland, OR

"Works GREAT - So Far"
Only been 6 months but it works really well - puts out way more heat than our 27 year old Westinghouse Hi_Rely did. This is the 14 seer system with the variable speed blower. Really nice airflow, love the slow start up, outdoor unit is very quiet - except when it goes into defrost - then it buzzes pretty loudly for 20 seconds or so.

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: V. Pacheco
Location: Newport News, VA

"Victor"
Last winter on a rainy/snow day our brand new Goodman heat pump outside started making a very loud noise. I quickly ran outside to check out what was going on and I found a block of ice had formed around the compressor coils. The fan was hitting the ice. Needless to say, I had to shut down the unit and melt the ice with hot water. I never could understand why design such a heating unit to be easily susceptible to icing during wintry mix conditions. Luckily we didn't have too many days like that in Virginia. Now, for this winter, my one year old heat pump stopped working. From reading the postings of other dissatisfied customers, I can say that I experienced similar situations, and now I know I was taken for a ride. I wish I did my homework before spending $3000 on this product. I believe heat pumps in general are not efficient; they draw a lot of energy to operate for a small amount of heat/cooling output.