Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-20 Name: Ron H.
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee

"Goodman Review"
This 2 1/2 Ton Goodman replaced a 17 year old Carrier. We had it professionally installed, which included an upgrading to our main ductwork system in our house. We also have had the programmable digital thermostat installed. This heat pump seems just a quiet as our Carrier did, but, also does seem to put out more heat at the same time.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: ryan
Location: Northeast Ohio

"Goodman heat pump"
I agree with keith. I live in northeast ohio with a 16 seer goodman hp with variable speed fan coil. you dissatisfied people have most likely been taken by your contractor. the equipment is only as good as the installer. with today's technology all systems are on the same playing field. I sell Carrier, Trane and Goodman. Goodman is the only manufacturer who stands behind their warranties without hassle. I have had more problems with Carrier than anything else.

Date created: 2009-02-16 Name: Bob B.
Location: Greenville, SC

"Goodman Heat Pump"
In the five years I have owned my 2 1/2 ton Goodman heat pump only once have I had to have a minor repair(replace celenoid)made by my local dealer who responded to my call immediately. The best decision I made and recommend is to have yours installed by a local dealer because if they live in your community they are more likely to see that you remain satisfied and I am.

Date created: 2009-02-14 Name: Joan
Location: NC

"Goodman"
It has had nothing but problems since the beginning. We have had it serviced every year. It is builders grade 31/2 ton. We have to replace it now, it is 10 years old.

Date created: 2009-02-11 Name: N.D.
Location: St Petersburg, FL

"Goodman 2.5 ton Heatpump"
Bought a bank repo and for most who are unaware of the florida copper hounds. I needed to have a new heatpump installed as condition of the purchase. The heatpump works well but the unit was installed(2.5 Ton heatpump) with a 2.0 ton airhandler that was not a goodman airhandler. Suprisingly the system has worked great and with the exception of a little noise when it first kicks on has been more reliable than I expected. I have recently replaced the airhandler with the proper goodman air handler and due to mild florida winters buying the minimum heat strip for it. will let you know if the electric bill goes down.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: bj brown
Location: Lexington, SC

"Goodman,not"
Noisy as a jet engine.blows cold air when temp hits 50 degrees or less. leaking coil. unbalanced fan.

Date created: 2009-02-08 Name: K. Newland
Location: Brighton, MI

"Agree with B. Gallagher"
We replaced our gas furnace and central air conditioning system with a Goodman Duel Fuel Heat Pump System (heat pump outside with gas furnace that kicks in when temp drops below 32 degrees). One word: Noisy! Outdoor unit makes a loud buzzing noise while the fan is running (which is pretty much constantly). It wakes everybody in our 2-story house. Plus, we are never comfortable. For some reason, we are cold in the winter and hot in the summer despite the thermostat being set at 70 degrees. I realize that this makes no sense scientifically (heated air should be heated air regardless of its source) however, this is what has been happening for us. We have regrets.....

Date created: 2009-02-07 Name: david holl

"David from s.c."
I just bought a 3.5 13 seer goodman. it was very noisy. fixed the problem by sticking a treated wood wedge under the accumalator to keep it from vibrating on the sheet metal floor.

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: Charles Knight
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

"Home owner"
I purchased an Amana 14 seer rated 3 ton unit this past summer. I've had nothing but problems with the unit. I'd say the vendor has been out at least a dozen times or more. They were finally able to fix the cooling problems, but the heating problems continue to this day. It seems the colder it is outside the louder the unit becomes. It sounds like a helicopter in the distance, but not to distant. Sometimes it's louder than other times. My neighbor has complained about the noise. My youngest who was here at Thanksgiving complained, too. My oldest son who was here during Christmas couldn't believe the excess noise of this unit. This problem still exist and I'm more than disatisfied with your product. I'm at the point where if this thing can't be fixed to my satisfaction that I will have the unit extracted and replaced by another vendors product.

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: C. Knight
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

"Home owner"
I've had the heat pump less than a year