Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-14 Name: Joan
Location: NC

"Goodman"
It has had nothing but problems since the beginning. We have had it serviced every year. It is builders grade 31/2 ton. We have to replace it now, it is 10 years old.

Date created: 2009-02-11 Name: N.D.
Location: St Petersburg, FL

"Goodman 2.5 ton Heatpump"
Bought a bank repo and for most who are unaware of the florida copper hounds. I needed to have a new heatpump installed as condition of the purchase. The heatpump works well but the unit was installed(2.5 Ton heatpump) with a 2.0 ton airhandler that was not a goodman airhandler. Suprisingly the system has worked great and with the exception of a little noise when it first kicks on has been more reliable than I expected. I have recently replaced the airhandler with the proper goodman air handler and due to mild florida winters buying the minimum heat strip for it. will let you know if the electric bill goes down.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: bj brown
Location: Lexington, SC

"Goodman,not"
Noisy as a jet engine.blows cold air when temp hits 50 degrees or less. leaking coil. unbalanced fan.

Date created: 2009-02-08 Name: K. Newland
Location: Brighton, MI

"Agree with B. Gallagher"
We replaced our gas furnace and central air conditioning system with a Goodman Duel Fuel Heat Pump System (heat pump outside with gas furnace that kicks in when temp drops below 32 degrees). One word: Noisy! Outdoor unit makes a loud buzzing noise while the fan is running (which is pretty much constantly). It wakes everybody in our 2-story house. Plus, we are never comfortable. For some reason, we are cold in the winter and hot in the summer despite the thermostat being set at 70 degrees. I realize that this makes no sense scientifically (heated air should be heated air regardless of its source) however, this is what has been happening for us. We have regrets.....

Date created: 2009-02-07 Name: david holl

"David from s.c."
I just bought a 3.5 13 seer goodman. it was very noisy. fixed the problem by sticking a treated wood wedge under the accumalator to keep it from vibrating on the sheet metal floor.

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: Charles Knight
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

"Home owner"
I purchased an Amana 14 seer rated 3 ton unit this past summer. I've had nothing but problems with the unit. I'd say the vendor has been out at least a dozen times or more. They were finally able to fix the cooling problems, but the heating problems continue to this day. It seems the colder it is outside the louder the unit becomes. It sounds like a helicopter in the distance, but not to distant. Sometimes it's louder than other times. My neighbor has complained about the noise. My youngest who was here at Thanksgiving complained, too. My oldest son who was here during Christmas couldn't believe the excess noise of this unit. This problem still exist and I'm more than disatisfied with your product. I'm at the point where if this thing can't be fixed to my satisfaction that I will have the unit extracted and replaced by another vendors product.

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: C. Knight
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

"Home owner"
I've had the heat pump less than a year

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: B. Warren
Location: Tennessee

"Home owner"
I had a contractor replace 3 of my heat pumps 8 yrs ago when I build on a huge master suite to my house. I specifically requested Trane Heat Pumps. When I got home one day, the contractor had installed 3 Goodman Heat Pumps instead. When I complained, he told me that Goodman was just a good as Trane and about the same price. Two of the units work fine, but the main 3 1/2 ton unit has been a problem from the get go. I have to have it recharged twice a year. It runs constantly to keep a sustained inside temperature of 72 degrees. It is very noisy and the defrost cycle works off and on. I am in the process of having a contractor replace it with a Trane unit. Goodman is a piece of junk and you cannot get any satisfaction on the alledged warranty.

Date created: 2009-02-01 Name: Pete
Location: Tyler, TX

"DIY Installers"
This Message is For People like d West That Think They know every thing and can do a hvac Installation. Listening to some one say they are trying to reconfigure the wiring to get more Amps? Wire the Stat Correct and wire the low voltage correct and you will have all The electric emergency heat you need. a properly Trained hvac Tec should do your install and wiring.HVAC Equipment is only as good as the installer. The people having all this trouble with a hvac companies! Should check this! Are you dealing with a licensed Tec or some one working under some one else’s Lic.Over charge systems under charged, Bad wiring. There is a reason why your system failed or is going to fail. I have an old 10 seer 4 Ton heat pump. I am in East Texas. It has been in the low 30 to 20 at night. Every winter and I have no Problem with my heat pump. I Have 1,900 sq ft with lots of Glass and high ceiling. My electric runs in the low$ 150 to $200 on the coldest or hottest Months. I pay .12 cents a kw “I sell and Install Goodman". I have yet to have a failure due to the mfg. There is always a reason for the failure. One the of the worst is improper wiring of the stat and defrost heat setting. Next is Under size Ref Lines and poor installation. Poor evac did not use Nitrogen when installed, contaminants in line left by old system. Over sized unit and poor mechanical duct. If you purchased a unit From Wholesale Ac or over the internet and diy, you deserve what you get. And by now you know that’s nothing. Use licensed HVACs. Preferred Goodman Good Care Dealer and have a peace of mind. The Goodman Extended warranty cost as low as 49.00 and worth every penny Goodman still leads the Nation in sales and service. And Again If You're a DIY Good Luck.

Date created: 2009-02-01 Name: Pete