Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: GOODMAN

"Homeowner"
For those who are blaming the installers of these Goodman heat pumps, I have this story for you. The Goodman factory representative examined our replacement unit after the new installation. He made some suggestions to the hvac tech which were followed to the letter. The factory rep returned to check on the work and signed off on it. Perfect installation. Done by the book. But,It was extremely noisy inside and out and vibrated the house. Three years of this noise and now it's louder than ever. The blower fan sounds like it's unbalanced and probably needs replacing.

Date created: 2009-03-18 Name: JBS
Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Worst Ever"
The first year we had it it froze solid due to Goodman's not putting in the defrost wire. In the last three years they have replaced three compressors and three switch valves. We contacted Goodman's and we were told sorry to bad so sad that we have to pay to fix it ourself. We have electric bills over $360 and that is from the leaks that are in our unit. We are looking to get a new one good bye Goodman hello to someone who can build a unit that works.

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: P. Stephenson
Location: Arab, Alabama

"I would not have another one"
Bought a new home had a Goodman installed, in 8 years we have had two compressors and two boards. I used to work for an airtime 500 company as a sales rep and I am embarrassed to say I sold these things!

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: Joe
Location: CT

"HVAC Contractor"
As an HVAC Contractor for 35 years I have installed several Goodmans ,(I have two in my house ) Need to follow manufactors spec. as close as possible, correct size line sets, Duct work,electrical wire sizes, refrigerant charge ,matched indoor /outdoor units, etc. All parts inside a Goodman are the same as any other brands No manufactor makes their own components .Except trane compressor . fan motors contactors fan blades capacitor circiut boards tev etc. are made by vendors. compressors Quality install and have it serviced occasionally.

Date created: 2009-03-10 Name: Doug Herritt
Location: Bluffton, SC

"President"
Unit has not worked correctly since installation. Was installed with wrong size ducts. This winter the reversing valve was diagnosed as defective. Goodman will cover the defective valve but not the 720 dollars labor and r22. What a rip! When called they said I should have gotten the extended warranty. I replied that I was never offered it. Typical of a company that has poor products and even worse customer service. Beware of this company!

Date created: 2009-03-04 Name: Kenneth P Murphy
Location: Wickenburg, AZ

"Owner"
Western Air in Wickenburg, AZ installed new unit that shook the walls for the first three days. We could not sleep it was so bad. After a few call to installer Lee Milam. He replace with new heat pump. New pump is working great. God was on our side when we had Lee Milam install this unit. Unit is working great in all modes heat and cold.

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: Freezing Mother!
Location: Greeneville, TN

"GOODMAN"
First 2 yrs seemed to work fine, then everything started going out on it. We would have one thing fixed then somthing else would happen. Our heat and air guy said he had never seen one have all these problems. After almost every part on the thing had been repaced it shorted out and started smoking. Turned all power off to the thing and call heat pump guy he came out and everything inside of it was fried, he said it wasn't fixable. This was Dec 2008 Now March 2 09 After 2 months of constantly calling Goodman Manufactoring and my local Dealer Goodman has replaced my heat pump but I can't have it until I have the money to install it which will cost $1,200. I had this company and they do not care about their customers. Here I am with 4 kids my husband is laid off from work and were freezing in east TN and have been since November. My heatpump model# gph1234h21a

Date created: 2009-02-20 Name: Ron H.
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee

"Goodman Review"
This 2 1/2 Ton Goodman replaced a 17 year old Carrier. We had it professionally installed, which included an upgrading to our main ductwork system in our house. We also have had the programmable digital thermostat installed. This heat pump seems just a quiet as our Carrier did, but, also does seem to put out more heat at the same time.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: ryan
Location: Northeast Ohio

"Goodman heat pump"
I agree with keith. I live in northeast ohio with a 16 seer goodman hp with variable speed fan coil. you dissatisfied people have most likely been taken by your contractor. the equipment is only as good as the installer. with today's technology all systems are on the same playing field. I sell Carrier, Trane and Goodman. Goodman is the only manufacturer who stands behind their warranties without hassle. I have had more problems with Carrier than anything else.

Date created: 2009-02-16 Name: Bob B.
Location: Greenville, SC

"Goodman Heat Pump"
In the five years I have owned my 2 1/2 ton Goodman heat pump only once have I had to have a minor repair(replace celenoid)made by my local dealer who responded to my call immediately. The best decision I made and recommend is to have yours installed by a local dealer because if they live in your community they are more likely to see that you remain satisfied and I am.