Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: J. Washington

"Mrs"
We have 2 Goodman units that were installed in a brand new house 1 year ago and they are a piece of junk. The first time we turned them on this Spring,both units had leaked over the winter months and there was not a drop of refrigerant in the units. The valves installed in the units were not back seeded a quarter turn which caused the problem. I would not recommend Goodman units at all.

Date created: 2009-05-13 Name: Bob

"Goodman Review"
I had a Goodman Air conditioner for 22 years with no problems. I replaced it with a 14 seer heat pump to supplement my oil heat. It has worked out very well this winter. I don't have enough elecrtic service to install a heat coil so I only used it when temperature was over 30. I saved several hundred dollars in hrating bills,

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: Tammy

"Providence Forge"
I replaced my old Goodman Heat Pump with the new model. It makes a horrible loud sound when coming on about every 20 minutes. It is like sleeping with the snooze alarm going off all night long. Goodman sent a technician out who explained that it is working perfectly and perhaps should not have been installed near the house. The more expensive models are quieter but the one I bought does not come with any features to quiet noise I can pay extra and hope these accesories help--No guarantees. I expected a minimum level of quality. This product should only be marketed to the deaf.

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: G. Silva

"Dont buy it from the internet"
I thought I would save some money and I got one from one of the internet sites and have someone else install it for me. It came in damaged, I tryed to get a new one from the company, they told me it was not damaged when it left their office so they can not help me. After I got it installed, the motor when out. Now I have to pay full price on repair because Goodman will not warranty anything purchased of the internet.

Date created: 2009-05-01 Name: H. Haroutunian

"Goodman"
I just replaced my Goodman heat pump with a new Goodman. It was 14 years old and still running. I decided to replace it because it was at the end of its life cycle and I did not want it to fail during our 100+ degree weather this summer. I had it serviced annually and it performed well for 14 years. I am confident my new unit will perform as well.

Date created: 2009-04-28 Name: GOODMAN

"GOODMAN Heat Pump Reviews"
I have to laugh at the reviews. We built a home and our builder did not include the name brand of the units, so we ended up getting cheap Goodman Heat pumps. We were then told we would be lucky to get 10 years out of our units. It's now going on 14 years and we just had to replace a capacitor. So, $162 later, we are in business again. The maintenance on these units has been minimal. Originally, we would have never purchased these units, but they proved to be wonderful. Thank you.

Date created: 2009-04-27 Name: GOODMAN

"Pitiful customer service"
Units coil failed after only 3 years. They hid behind their pitiful warranty instead of doing the right thing.

Date created: 2009-04-15 Name: GOODMAN

"Bad Compressor"
The unit was purchased online at a low price. The installers were 2 guys working on their own. Not licensed. The compressor has failed. Considering what I payed I'm not all that unhappy.

Date created: 2009-04-13 Name: GOODMAN

"Great Product"
Have had a 5ton 14 seer Goodman Pump for four years. Have had only few minor issues initally when it was installed. Contractor came back and addressed issues as promised. It gives great heating and cooling and is very quiet. Advice...get a qualified contractor!! We Did.

Date created: 2009-04-13 Name: GOODMAN

"It works for me"
I have a Goodman package unit heat pump, and it has been working perfectly for the past 3 years in a mountain environment that sees temperatures from the single-digits to almost 100 degrees. Granted, there are very few amateurs who can install one themselves, but contrary to what Pete from Texas says, it IS possible to buy one on the Internet, install it using the directions and some common sense, and have it work perfectly. The only glitch I came across is the main contactor was installed BACKWARDS from the Goodman factory. One call solved that problem. Under $3000 for a complete new system including thermostat, wiring, and ductwork. Compare that to the $8277 my 12-yr-old Trane has cost me in my primary home.