Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: Todd Harris

"Goodman Junk"
System needed three compressors in two years. The first year labor was free. The other times it cost me $600-$800 for labor and materials, but the compressor was no charge. Service tech said a bad valve caused the problem. Took three weeks to get the new valve because Goodman did not have it in stock. Stand clear of this junk.

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: R. Dixon

"DIYer considering Heat Pump install"
The Coleman brand packaged heat pump currently owned has had the compressor short out, unit is in excess of 25 years old, some of the ductwork was not sized correctly. Unit is a packaged 5 ton with auxilary heat strips. Have 3 quotes from hvac contractors for Rheem, York and Lenox. Any helpful advice to go with a self-install Amana/Goodman versus the very expensive contractor quotes?

Date created: 2009-05-27 Name: B. Kendrick
Location: Coastal Florida

"A Good Nine Years"
It's a 5 Ton heat pump unit (12 seer) that functioned without needing repairs for right at nine years. It has has developed a slow (tiny) coil leak, burned the compressor contacts, begun to occasionally rattle loudly in the condenser (outside unit), and shows extreme oxidation of the aluminum vanes on the condenser (they are falling off in small chunks by the handful), which should be no surprise in coastal Florida. Air handler and heating strip (inside portion) are still working well despite being improperly installed (just found out the main ducts are too small).

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: Cindy

"Goodman Lemon"
We had this unit installed after Hurricane Charley. We started having problems within 5 months. First they replaced the 'out of balance' motor and at 2 yrs and 10 days, we developed a freon leak. The original installer gave us an estimate of $900 to fix it because his 2 yr warranty for labor expired...but the parts would be covered. hello?! We paid $3700 for the unit! We hired someone else to repair it...$400. a freon leak because of copper tubing rubbing from vibrations. We were assured it was fixed. Now a year 1/2 later, guess what! We had another freon leak from copper tubing rubbing...just in a different spot...another $400! Goodman offered to reimburse me $175 for my troubles. seriously!!! I want a new heat pump that isn't a lemon!

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: J. Washington

"Mrs"
We have 2 Goodman units that were installed in a brand new house 1 year ago and they are a piece of junk. The first time we turned them on this Spring,both units had leaked over the winter months and there was not a drop of refrigerant in the units. The valves installed in the units were not back seeded a quarter turn which caused the problem. I would not recommend Goodman units at all.

Date created: 2009-05-13 Name: Bob

"Goodman Review"
I had a Goodman Air conditioner for 22 years with no problems. I replaced it with a 14 seer heat pump to supplement my oil heat. It has worked out very well this winter. I don't have enough elecrtic service to install a heat coil so I only used it when temperature was over 30. I saved several hundred dollars in hrating bills,

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: Tammy

"Providence Forge"
I replaced my old Goodman Heat Pump with the new model. It makes a horrible loud sound when coming on about every 20 minutes. It is like sleeping with the snooze alarm going off all night long. Goodman sent a technician out who explained that it is working perfectly and perhaps should not have been installed near the house. The more expensive models are quieter but the one I bought does not come with any features to quiet noise I can pay extra and hope these accesories help--No guarantees. I expected a minimum level of quality. This product should only be marketed to the deaf.

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: G. Silva

"Dont buy it from the internet"
I thought I would save some money and I got one from one of the internet sites and have someone else install it for me. It came in damaged, I tryed to get a new one from the company, they told me it was not damaged when it left their office so they can not help me. After I got it installed, the motor when out. Now I have to pay full price on repair because Goodman will not warranty anything purchased of the internet.

Date created: 2009-05-01 Name: H. Haroutunian

"Goodman"
I just replaced my Goodman heat pump with a new Goodman. It was 14 years old and still running. I decided to replace it because it was at the end of its life cycle and I did not want it to fail during our 100+ degree weather this summer. I had it serviced annually and it performed well for 14 years. I am confident my new unit will perform as well.

Date created: 2009-04-28 Name: GOODMAN

"GOODMAN Heat Pump Reviews"
I have to laugh at the reviews. We built a home and our builder did not include the name brand of the units, so we ended up getting cheap Goodman Heat pumps. We were then told we would be lucky to get 10 years out of our units. It's now going on 14 years and we just had to replace a capacitor. So, $162 later, we are in business again. The maintenance on these units has been minimal. Originally, we would have never purchased these units, but they proved to be wonderful. Thank you.