Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: S. Watson

"CPKE24"
This unit was here when I bought the house. It's still running strong, never needed freon.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Jan Shedd

"Goodman Heat Pump"
Actually I have had it for exactly 1 year and 6 months. The cap tube on the reversing valve busted, and all the coolant leaked out. My repairman says they are not longer installing Goodmans because the reversing valves have a manufacturer's defect, and they are getting numerous calls, some for the 2nd and 3rd time, to come repair. I paid $6267 for this thing and I want my money back!

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: don

"Sorry to burst your bubbles for complaints"
I am going to tell you all one time only...it is how it is installed. without some of you giving all of the details, how can you blame the equipment and not the installers. I see some have improperly sized units...2200 sq ft with a 2.5 ton unit that runs all day....surprise...it will. but its not the equipment it was the installers. or actually the salesman selling you a small unit. dont blame the equipment goodman is the 2nd largest manufacturer in the nation they must be doing something right. ive been selling it now for 16 years...and very few problems, and with the problems we do have are minor. sorry to burst your bubbles to complain but goodman is good equipment.

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: John Costigan

"Worst purchase in long time"
I buy, rehab and rent out houses. I have done about 7 so far. My contractor put a Goodman into one house and it has been nothing but problems ever since. Complaints of loud noise, huge electric bills, replaced circuit boards, leaking freon and just this week a new compressor, fan motor, etc. While the parts are warranted, my latest labor bill was $615. I'm not an expert regarding these things but for all of you people who blame the contractor or installation, why is it just this one unit that has caused so many problems? The same contractor installed them all. Even he admitted that he installed them for a short while but doesn't go near them anymore because of so many problems. And they have some nerve even having a "consumer affairs" person. They have been no help at all.

Date created: 2009-06-26 Name: Roy Rouser

"Goodman Junk"
I just had my compressor replaced on my 3 year old unit. It cost me 700 dollars for labor and freon. Goodman is junk!

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: matthew
Location: Fort Worth

"Review"
I bought a 2.5 ton goodman heat pump of the internet and did 95% of the install myself. The unit arrived packaged and in good condition at my home. I had a lisenced installer pressurize the system and start it up. We are currently having 100+ degree days here in Fort Worth, and I am able to cool the house down to 68 within a very short amount of time. I have had this unit for about 1 month now, and am very pleased sofar

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: C. Hurst
Location: TN

"Goodman Heat Pump w/bad evaporator coil"
I have owned many different homes over the years with several brands of heat pumps. All were new when I moved in and gave me good service for 2 to 5 years - except for my Goodman. I just paid $180 to get it recharged and to identify the source of the leak. The problem is with the evaporator coil that has corroded. This is not an installation issue. It is clearly an issue caused by a poor quality component. My service guy told me that this was a common problem. The new coil is going to cost me $650 just for labor. Ouch! If I lived in FL or somewhere else on the coast this might be understandable but not in middle TN.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: Larry Mellott

"Goodman Heatpump"
Had a Goodman 2.5 ton Heat Pump installed last fall by warranty company contractor. System failed last week and tech had 2 replace transformer already!!! Hope this is not an omen!

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: Jim Carlson

"Run The Other Way - This Is JUNK"
I have owned this piece of garbage for 4 years. The company that installed it is very reputable and to their credit they did tell me at the beginning that they did not have a lot of experience with this brand but felt comfortable enough to recommend it as a low cost alternative based on their warranty. I have regretted buying this unit from day one. Everything was fine, the unit cooled well, the installers left and then....the unit would not shut down! 3 days later and a new circuit board installed, the unit ran fine, technician left, operated properly thru 3 cycles and then....now the main circuit breaker trips. I waited a few minutes & reset the breaker...bam, trips again. Tech came back out...guess what...replacement board defective. This was for openers. I have since had no less than 9 repair calls on this unit. My hvac company has told me that they will not install this brand again and will not even service them unless it was purchased from them. They are also being very generous and crediting 50% of the "labor" bills that I've had to shell out under this so called "warranty" and letting me apply it to a new Carrier. I learned my lesson.

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: ONO BOB

"Installer/homeowner"
I have installed several of these units and found that most of the problems are pre-exhisting. Not the fault of the new unit. I have only had one Unit that had a bad weld on the reversing valve which I fixed + 16 lbs of freon. on me. The price and the warranty is a seller for me as I live in a very harsh climate on the Gulf. Salt air eats these units alive. 10yr warranty covers it providing you register it on the Goodman web site.