Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-04-15 Name: GOODMAN

"Bad Compressor"
The unit was purchased online at a low price. The installers were 2 guys working on their own. Not licensed. The compressor has failed. Considering what I payed I'm not all that unhappy.

Date created: 2009-04-13 Name: GOODMAN

"Great Product"
Have had a 5ton 14 seer Goodman Pump for four years. Have had only few minor issues initally when it was installed. Contractor came back and addressed issues as promised. It gives great heating and cooling and is very quiet. Advice...get a qualified contractor!! We Did.

Date created: 2009-04-13 Name: GOODMAN

"It works for me"
I have a Goodman package unit heat pump, and it has been working perfectly for the past 3 years in a mountain environment that sees temperatures from the single-digits to almost 100 degrees. Granted, there are very few amateurs who can install one themselves, but contrary to what Pete from Texas says, it IS possible to buy one on the Internet, install it using the directions and some common sense, and have it work perfectly. The only glitch I came across is the main contactor was installed BACKWARDS from the Goodman factory. One call solved that problem. Under $3000 for a complete new system including thermostat, wiring, and ductwork. Compare that to the $8277 my 12-yr-old Trane has cost me in my primary home.

Date created: 2009-04-12 Name: GOODMAN

"Great Unit"
Goodman stands behind their product. The most important part of any hvac system is proper installation. My Goodman is quiet and performs flawlessly.

Date created: 2009-03-29 Name: GOODMAN
Location: Montreal, Quebec

"Goodman Heat Pump"
Live in Montreal, Quebec, where winter can easily hit -40 celsius, and summer can hit +40 celsius with high humidity (both are extremes). Have a bi-energy system whereby oil furnace takes over from heat pump when temp is colder than -13 celsius. The Goodman was professionally installed, and has heated or cooled unbelievably - no breakdown, no problem, non-stop for 18 years so far. The temparature is constant / no fluctation, the bungalow is comfortable year-round. My unit is also the quietest brand in my neighbourhood (which includes all the popular brands...) !! I am simply blown away by the unit's reliability, consistency and performance.. In fact I am only now beginning to think of replacing it, figuring it must be nearing the end of its' useful life and must also be less efficient than new units, but I admit not being sure if that changing it is a good idea or not....

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: GOODMAN

"Homeowner"
For those who are blaming the installers of these Goodman heat pumps, I have this story for you. The Goodman factory representative examined our replacement unit after the new installation. He made some suggestions to the hvac tech which were followed to the letter. The factory rep returned to check on the work and signed off on it. Perfect installation. Done by the book. But,It was extremely noisy inside and out and vibrated the house. Three years of this noise and now it's louder than ever. The blower fan sounds like it's unbalanced and probably needs replacing.

Date created: 2009-03-18 Name: JBS
Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Worst Ever"
The first year we had it it froze solid due to Goodman's not putting in the defrost wire. In the last three years they have replaced three compressors and three switch valves. We contacted Goodman's and we were told sorry to bad so sad that we have to pay to fix it ourself. We have electric bills over $360 and that is from the leaks that are in our unit. We are looking to get a new one good bye Goodman hello to someone who can build a unit that works.

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: P. Stephenson
Location: Arab, Alabama

"I would not have another one"
Bought a new home had a Goodman installed, in 8 years we have had two compressors and two boards. I used to work for an airtime 500 company as a sales rep and I am embarrassed to say I sold these things!

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: Joe
Location: CT

"HVAC Contractor"
As an HVAC Contractor for 35 years I have installed several Goodmans ,(I have two in my house ) Need to follow manufactors spec. as close as possible, correct size line sets, Duct work,electrical wire sizes, refrigerant charge ,matched indoor /outdoor units, etc. All parts inside a Goodman are the same as any other brands No manufactor makes their own components .Except trane compressor . fan motors contactors fan blades capacitor circiut boards tev etc. are made by vendors. compressors Quality install and have it serviced occasionally.

Date created: 2009-03-10 Name: Doug Herritt
Location: Bluffton, SC

"President"
Unit has not worked correctly since installation. Was installed with wrong size ducts. This winter the reversing valve was diagnosed as defective. Goodman will cover the defective valve but not the 720 dollars labor and r22. What a rip! When called they said I should have gotten the extended warranty. I replied that I was never offered it. Typical of a company that has poor products and even worse customer service. Beware of this company!