Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: Josh Helton

"Goodman, junk units"
My 3 ton Goodman lost Freon within six months of being installed. Again in about two months had to charge it again. Three months after that the service ports were replaced. The company would do nothing. Three months later added more Freon. Four months after that, The inside coil started leaking. Goodman covered the price of the coil, but not the labor. This time it lasted five months before it quit cooling. I would advise to not buy a goodman unit, they are junk and the company doesn't care.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: Al

"Works Fine"
It's been a year since we got the Goodman to replace a still working 27 year old Westinghouse Hi-Rely, and we've been very pleased with the new system. Puts out way more heat and cold than the old one, quieter and lower energy costs. We just had the hottest weather on record, and the system was able to easily deal with it, and last winter the system ran beautifully even below freezing. I would recommend these to friends.

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: B. Grigsby

"Goodman 3 ton unit"
New unit installed in January of this year. It has been providing excellent service at very low cost compared to previous units. Mine is a split unit. I believe the key to satisfaction is in the quality of the installer.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: B. Carlton

"Happyone"
First system installed was mis-matched do to a factory error. 12 Service calls in one year. I complained about the noise and reliability and Electricity cost. They finally installed a completely new system (ssz 14036 and aepf 426016 in a 2129 Sq. ft. home). It works flawlessly so far. Electric Bills continue to decrease, and the unit is quiet. Some of the complaints I have read could have been written by me. (icing, noise, low heat, high electric cost) If the unit is matched and installed well they do work.

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: charles harris

"Dr."
Had the unit 4 years. it has needed to be serviced 3 times. last time was the capacitors. goodman? - not! Installers (Tillman's) also not!

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"Goodman is good"
I had my 4 ton Goodman packaged heat pump installed in september of 2008 and I am realy happy about it!

Date created: 2009-07-28 Name: H. Royal

"Problems with a Goodman."
I have had problems from day 1. I have a 2305 sq. ft. home with a 4.5 ton Goodman heat pump split unit. It has been leaking water all on the floor into my carpet from day 1. They have been back several times and cannot find the problem. They turned my fan speed down saying it blew too hard. Didn't work! They removed the fan and checked the A-coil and pan for leaks. None found! Drain not clogged either. The condensation is somehow getting inside the A-coil dripping into the fan housing, running out of there onto all the electrical components and onto the floor soaking my carpet. Now a new problem has arrived! My A-coil is completely icing over. Compressor lines outside are icing over too. The outside fan is working as is the inside fan. I had a different company come out and told me that my A-coil is probably going to need replacing that he suspects a freon leak due to all the rust and corrosion on the ends of it.(After only 3 years!) The coils are very clear and clean. 44 years of owning home's and never had the problems that I'm having with this unit. Will cost me about $800.00 to replace A-coil.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Dave C.

"Great unit"
I have had my Goodman 4 ton heat pump and Goodman propane furnace for a little over 14 years. It has been a fantastic unit. Around here, heat pumps have a 9 month season, so, it's used alot. The unit was installed when the house was built in 1995. In all this time, I replaced the fan motor, contactor and capaciter one time. That's it. Did the work myself, was simple and inexpensive to do. Goodman uses easy to find standard parts. The propane furnace has never needed a thing. Now the heat pump has a substantial R22 leak. I'm going to replace the whole system and salvage the furnace for my barn. The new one will almost certainly be a Goodman.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Ken

"ARUF061-00A-1B"
Though only one year, it's been perfect!

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: S. Watson

"CPKE24"
This unit was here when I bought the house. It's still running strong, never needed freon.