Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: R Kronz
Location: Central Florida

"GOODMAN COIL LEAKS"
I have a small a/c business in central Florida. I have been installing Goodman as well as other brands for over 10 years now. I have always liked Goodman as they are priced low and offer the best warranty in the industry. Well, I must now say that the warranty better be good, because their evaporator coils arent. I have replaced over 12 coils in the last 2 years, all Goodman, all leaking in the fin stack- not at solder joints. Goodman has a replacement coil that is coated with a black epoxy that is supposed to solve the corrosion problem. I have been using these coils for replacement. Goodman states that it is something in the air attacking the copper. I agree, but I ask why is it attacking mostly Goodman coils ?? I cant get an answer. The sulfer gas emitted by the Chinese drywall will turn the coils black in a year or so, but I dont know if this is also eating the copper away. I have only replaced one coil that I personally installed, but have changed 2 coils that lasted only 1 year. Amazing to me.

Date created: 2009-11-15 Name: Dave E

"Installed 2 days Ago - Blown Away"
Two certified and very qualify technicians showed up here yesterday at 10am and finished the changeout at 7:30pm last evening. powered the unit up and instaneous heat, the system ran for 30 mins and had reached desired heat within 30 mins. One thing I noticed immediately was that a room in the lower level was toasty warm where it never was before. Woke this morning and the entire house was all toasty warm and even the kitchen area which is routinely chilly in the morning was very confortable. As for noise, well I dont know if it's the unit but wow, not at all what I expected, actually not even enough to know it's there. My only complaint is that my home has now become a showroom for Goodman with five neighbours having visited to have a look. One is definitely going for a changeover themselves.I Know it's only been 24 hrs but on first appearance wow. If allowed I'll check back with another review come Spring!

Date created: 2009-10-29 Name: Hot as crap

"Ugh"
I have had this unit for almost two months now and have had the thing worked on three times....dont buy it, it will cost you money. I live in florida and have had to sit in a 90 degree hot house because of it three times.

Date created: 2009-10-24 Name: Rob

"Goodman Dual Fuel Heat Pumps"
Both of the Goodman Heat Pumps that were installed in my new home have performed flawlessly. They are both 13 seer and I have the lowest utility bills ever.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: Laura H Carreira

"Two heat pumps installed two years ago"
We had two units installed several years ago after having another brand for 25 years. One has had only one problem, a leaking valve. The second one has had a total of four problems. The outside coil was replaced once and to date, the inside coil has been replaced three times. It is installed in my utility room, inside the house. There should be no reason (except for low quality welding) that the coil should leak,but it does. We have been without heating or cooling for about 7 months of the two years. I am most unhappy with Goodman. .

Date created: 2009-10-04 Name: Joe

"Hvac Contractor"
Installed two split system Goodman Heat pumps in my residents, no problem. Followed install guide as closely as possible.Service them occasionally.I Have over 30 experience in hvac. Point being high quality install occasional service, matched eqiuptment, correct line sizes. extends the life. Problem with Goodman is they sell to diy who buy video and install buy that.Mismatched ductwork,air flow.Also Contractors have different levels of experiences in tech.and it's just a job for many. No professionalism or pride.

Date created: 2009-09-30 Name: jbatbf

"6 years and 3 major problems"
2Nd floor air handler stopped within 4 weeks of install-warranty repair. 1st floor compressor broke within 2 years-warranty repair I pay labor. 1st floor air handle leaks freon at 6 years-I pay. 3 ton units. 13 seer variable speed blower. I call it junk

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: A. D.

"GOODMAN IS TRASH!!!!!!"
My original 3.5 ton heat pump was replaced through American Home Shield after 20 years of average performance. The repair company installed a Goodman unit which suffered a "catastrophic failure" after only 3 years. After 5 visits, the repair company misdiagnosed the problem 3 times during a period of almost 3 weeks with almost complete component replacement and plenty of ineptitude, still was unable to repair it properly. When they used a "ducting failure" as their new excuse to charge me for non-warranted components, I called somebody else and told them not to come back. The alternate repairman replaced the unit the very next day with a different brand (Day & Nite) and so far, it has performed flawlessly.

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: Michelle S.

"Split system heat pump"
Unit was installed in 2005, and in 2007 the copper line running between the indoor and outdoor units starting forming ice cubes but, the unit still worked. Then, in 2008 the unit fan wouldn't even come on. Now this year (2009) it's blowing warm air....probably just needs freon but, it's getting really aggrivating not knowing each year whether or not I'm going to be sweating out another summer. I follow the instructions for regularly cleaning the filter, etc. I'm a single mom and I don't have the money to keep pumping out for service men to come out and fix it. I've got friends that have the same complaints about their Goodman units....nothing but problems, problems, problems. As soon as I am able, I'm getting rid of this unit once and for all.

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: S. Torrey

"Undecided about a Goodman unit"
Actually I just had this unit installed about a month ago and I am having problems with it from the very first day. I had no air conditioning the first night. The installer came out about 8 times the very first day and still could not fix the problem. The next day he came out and finally put a new fan in the outside unit and got it to come back on. However he has been out as of today 3 more times and the unit keeps coming on every 5 to 7 minutes? Our electric bill has gone up almost $50.00 this month. We had a 4ton 15seer complete unit installed for a 1600 sq. ft. home. I thought this was suppose to be an "energy efficient" unit???? I am so tired of this already I am really regreting buying this unit and just found out I can not get an extended warranty because I live in the state of Florida. And to make matters worse the unit I had taken out was still in good shape and working fine, I bought this unit because it's suppose to be energy efficient. I will repost in 3 months and let everyone know how things are going!