Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"Goodman is good"
I had my 4 ton Goodman packaged heat pump installed in september of 2008 and I am realy happy about it!

Date created: 2009-07-28 Name: H. Royal

"Problems with a Goodman."
I have had problems from day 1. I have a 2305 sq. ft. home with a 4.5 ton Goodman heat pump split unit. It has been leaking water all on the floor into my carpet from day 1. They have been back several times and cannot find the problem. They turned my fan speed down saying it blew too hard. Didn't work! They removed the fan and checked the A-coil and pan for leaks. None found! Drain not clogged either. The condensation is somehow getting inside the A-coil dripping into the fan housing, running out of there onto all the electrical components and onto the floor soaking my carpet. Now a new problem has arrived! My A-coil is completely icing over. Compressor lines outside are icing over too. The outside fan is working as is the inside fan. I had a different company come out and told me that my A-coil is probably going to need replacing that he suspects a freon leak due to all the rust and corrosion on the ends of it.(After only 3 years!) The coils are very clear and clean. 44 years of owning home's and never had the problems that I'm having with this unit. Will cost me about $800.00 to replace A-coil.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Dave C.

"Great unit"
I have had my Goodman 4 ton heat pump and Goodman propane furnace for a little over 14 years. It has been a fantastic unit. Around here, heat pumps have a 9 month season, so, it's used alot. The unit was installed when the house was built in 1995. In all this time, I replaced the fan motor, contactor and capaciter one time. That's it. Did the work myself, was simple and inexpensive to do. Goodman uses easy to find standard parts. The propane furnace has never needed a thing. Now the heat pump has a substantial R22 leak. I'm going to replace the whole system and salvage the furnace for my barn. The new one will almost certainly be a Goodman.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Ken

"ARUF061-00A-1B"
Though only one year, it's been perfect!

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: S. Watson

"CPKE24"
This unit was here when I bought the house. It's still running strong, never needed freon.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Jan Shedd

"Goodman Heat Pump"
Actually I have had it for exactly 1 year and 6 months. The cap tube on the reversing valve busted, and all the coolant leaked out. My repairman says they are not longer installing Goodmans because the reversing valves have a manufacturer's defect, and they are getting numerous calls, some for the 2nd and 3rd time, to come repair. I paid $6267 for this thing and I want my money back!

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: don

"Sorry to burst your bubbles for complaints"
I am going to tell you all one time only...it is how it is installed. without some of you giving all of the details, how can you blame the equipment and not the installers. I see some have improperly sized units...2200 sq ft with a 2.5 ton unit that runs all day....surprise...it will. but its not the equipment it was the installers. or actually the salesman selling you a small unit. dont blame the equipment goodman is the 2nd largest manufacturer in the nation they must be doing something right. ive been selling it now for 16 years...and very few problems, and with the problems we do have are minor. sorry to burst your bubbles to complain but goodman is good equipment.

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: John Costigan

"Worst purchase in long time"
I buy, rehab and rent out houses. I have done about 7 so far. My contractor put a Goodman into one house and it has been nothing but problems ever since. Complaints of loud noise, huge electric bills, replaced circuit boards, leaking freon and just this week a new compressor, fan motor, etc. While the parts are warranted, my latest labor bill was $615. I'm not an expert regarding these things but for all of you people who blame the contractor or installation, why is it just this one unit that has caused so many problems? The same contractor installed them all. Even he admitted that he installed them for a short while but doesn't go near them anymore because of so many problems. And they have some nerve even having a "consumer affairs" person. They have been no help at all.

Date created: 2009-06-26 Name: Roy Rouser

"Goodman Junk"
I just had my compressor replaced on my 3 year old unit. It cost me 700 dollars for labor and freon. Goodman is junk!

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: matthew
Location: Fort Worth

"Review"
I bought a 2.5 ton goodman heat pump of the internet and did 95% of the install myself. The unit arrived packaged and in good condition at my home. I had a lisenced installer pressurize the system and start it up. We are currently having 100+ degree days here in Fort Worth, and I am able to cool the house down to 68 within a very short amount of time. I have had this unit for about 1 month now, and am very pleased sofar