Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Canal Winchester, OH

"Avoid Goodman!!!"
I purchased this unit earlier this year in April of 2015. Mind you, it was relatively cool outside when I had it installed. I instantly noticed it wasn't cooling the house to the right temperature and when I turned on the heat, it was barely warming the house. I called the Goodman repairman to come back out to take a look at it and he said it couldn't possibly be the unit as it was brand new and that he recommended I get my ducts cleaned out. I went ahead and did that, hoping it would resolve the issue. Well, it hasn't. The house has the most stagnant air feel and there's a funny smell to it. I am so concerned about mold growth as there seems to be an increase in moisture as well. I continue to call them to have somebody come and replace my unit as it is clearly faulty and no one will do it! I am so frustrated and this is the absolute biggest waste of money I have ever seen. There's plenty of reviews online claiming to have similar issues so obviously its a faulty model. Stay away from Goodman! A complete scam!

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: Mildred warrington
Location: Trenton, TN

"Central unit"
Had it 5 years when the compressor went bad. Cost $480.00 to replace it and the compressor was under warranty for 5 more years. I am a senior citizen and money is scarce. Labor should be under the warranty too.

Date created: 2015-05-14 Name: patrick
Location: Portland, OR

"Goodman equipment failure"
I've been installing Goodman equipment for 12 years their equipment is great. 90% of failures are due to installation error, so hire a shop that knows what they're doing. All the equipment in the industry is using White-Rodgers or Honeywell control boards and Copeland compressors, so Goodman has nothing to do with a board going out. And, most compressors fail due to installation not being done correctly. Coils don't just need to be replaced. Talk to the installer and call some other company - they're making a ton of money off of you.

Date created: 2015-05-12 Name: R. Butcher
Location: Dayton, OH

"Do not waste your money"
I bought a Goodman heat pump in 2013. The motherboard and thermostat have had to be replaced twice now. I have not seen any savings on my electric bill even after insulating and siding my home. The only saving grace is that the company that installed it does not charge me to service it. I'd much rather not have to call for service but at least I'm not out any other money!

Date created: 2015-05-07 Name: Hector
Location: Lebanon, TN

"Run from this brand - Fast"
5Th year owning this 5 ton unit and I'm on the 3rd coil. The part is well covered under the warranty; however, it cost $850 for labor. Multiple that times 3 coil installs. This will be the last time I ever entertain buying this brand. If I have to replace the coil again next year, I'm pulling the unit and buying an American Standard.

Date created: 2015-04-20 Name: Chris Melvin
Location: Ashland, KY

"Horrible company/products"
In the 4 years I have owned this heat pump I can count on every season needing parts replaced. I'm sick of always having a broken heat pump at the worst times. Their customer service is a joke! They don't want to stand behind their product. I now have a compressor out after only 4 years and they refuse to cover the cost of labor. They brag about their warranty being so great but with the $1400 service call I have to pay myself I disagree. Do yourself a favor and buy from another company.

Date created: 2015-03-22 Name: Doug Daniels
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada

"Complaint"
I am writing to you concerning a heat pump we bought. We had one put in during the summer of 2014 and by Christmas of 2014 it broke down. We needed another one put in, the motherboard in the outside motor had gone and we were getting nothing but cool air. We had it replaced. Now, a week ago March 2015, it broke down again. I am not happy with this product. The installers are not giving us good service; they want to replace the board with another one. We don't want this, as it is the second time this has happened and we are not happy at all. We can't afford to get another one. Can you help us out?

Date created: 2015-03-19 Name: Edward Barker
Location: Greensboro, NC

"What a POS product/company"
We had to have our old heat pump replaced after 15 years of reasonably trouble-free service. Our HVAC service company gave us a choice of Goodman and another better-known name brand. We chose the Goodman because it was $500 less. Big mistake. The unit never cooled very well in the summer and now, after slightly less than 3 years of use, all the Freon leaked out from the outside unit's compressor and coil. $275 for the service call to diagnose the problem, and our HVAC company informs us that Goodman will not replace the unit because "there have been no prior problems". So of what use was the so-called 10-year warranty? Another $575 to replace the coil and compressor, and that is the "discounted" rate from the service/installation company. Goodman is not worth a damn in my opinion. Whether I get this unit repaired or replace it I will never - ever! - buy another heat/AC/heat pump from this lousy company again. I only wish I had read up on them before purchasing, but we were in need of a new unit asap. Don't buy this company's lousy products with their useless warranty. Caveat emptor.

Date created: 2015-03-13 Name: L. Buckland
Location: Sunset Beach, NC

"Inferior product"
Purchased this unit on 6/17/2014 for our beach house. We leave the heat on at 52 degrees during winter when the house is unoccupied to prevent water pipes from freezing. I went to the house on 3/10/15 and found the heat pump not working. Called a repairman who determined it had a bad circuit board. This after only 8 months of operation. To my regret we purchased this unit to replace a 6-year-old Goodman heat pump that not only stopped working after 6 years but was badly rusted. Not only were we not able to stay in the house (with no heat) but we have a burst water pipe that will require a plumber to fix.

Date created: 2015-02-22 Name: Allan Elliott
Location: Cookeville, TN

"Losing money on a product that is not dependable"
Read the ratings and that says it all. Do not buy a Goodman. Spend more money for a better product. This is my second winter with a new Goodman heat pump. It has broken twice since purchasing. By the time I am done fixing it again this winter, I will have spent close to a thousand dollars on a product that was brand new. I tried to save money. I had a Trane for 17 years, no problem until two years ago and I had to replace it. Trane was more expensive but I should have done it. Don't make the same mistake; buy a different brand.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>