Consumer Reviews of Goodman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Goodman heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-12-05 Name: J. Herm
Location: Marion County Florida

"Owned three Goodmans - New Builds"
I built 2 houses (Owner/Builder) in Marion County, Florida (2002; 2008) Building a 3rd in 2017; Will probably choose Goodman again; 4th unit purchased for father-in-law which we installed and prepared for professional to connect. But, his son shoved Freon supply lines forcefully into the attic over to the air handler and the unit doesn't function properly. (The lines may be pinched, leaking Freon; this is the only explanation I can think of why unit won't cool); Need a professional to install the system and get them to register for warranties, which is the only issue installing yourself. Otherwise, systems have performed well for me; regular maintenance is required (bleach in drain lines, filters, and the unit may need capacitor after several years which is a common reason starting fails one day ($80-120 service call).

Date created: 2016-12-02 Name: Chris

"Died after 3 years!"
The heat pump has been serviced 4 times in the first 3 years since installation and now it officially needs replacement. Stay away from this brand!
Date created: 2016-09-27 Name: alex
Location: South Carolina

"POS"
If I could get ahold of a person that owns this piece of shit company, I would get the electric chair for what I would do to them. I have two units. Now I have to buy 2 new units, because I have already had coils replaced twice in both units. The house was built in 2007!
Date created: 2016-08-19 Name: Mike Lawson
Location: Bluefield, WV

"Great product"
Had a Goodman a couple of years and the blower motor bearings wore out. My dealer sent out a tech. Within an hour they got it going on low speed and replaced the motor two days later. Great service! Anything mechanical will fail but the warranty and service is what matters! All systems fail but who stands behind them! I found Goodman does!
Date created: 2016-08-05 Name: R. Ware
Location: French Creek, WV

"Poor workmanship"
My wife and I purchased a new home with a Goodman heat pump. The first week in our new home the unit exploded, sending pieces around our crawl space. Goodman told us that they only sell the units, they do not train or certify their installers, and the problem was mine. We spent another $5,000.00 to have a Trane system installed.
Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: B Lewis
Location: Georgia

"Piece of junk!"
Found out after research that Goodman doesn't stand behind this product. Still selling this inferior junk even knowing the problem. Once they sell it to you, it's your problem. Cheap coils and if you make it a few years without having to spend a ton on repairs, consider yourself lucky!
Date created: 2016-05-02 Name: ken
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Heat pump"
Nothing but problems since purchased!
Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Franklinton LA

"works great very energy efficent"
I bought this to supplement heat in our vacation home in Arkansas. Thought it was a thoughtful alternative to adding an entire duct system for central heat. Great decision! Saved lots of money! Works great! I'm thinking about purchasing one for our home in Louisiana.
Date created: 2016-03-23 Location: Grand Junction, CO

"Very happy with our Goodman heat pump"
Living in a very warm environment having a heat pump is so nice. It definitely keeps our home more comfortable and livable. We purchased one earlier this year when we moved into our new house and it has made a world of difference. They are simple to use, have reasonable electricity costs, and do their job well. Some other components are required to be installed but that is hardly a deal breaker. We have not had to do any work to it yet, hopefully this remains the case. I would definitely recommend Goodman to anyone in the market for one of these, we have been very pleased.
Date created: 2016-03-14 Name: Victor
Location: Marietta, GA

"Builder grade"
There's a reason builders use Goodman heat pumps in new mid-priced homes and use local no name contractors to install them. They're cheap and they're cheap. The last 2 homes I purchased have Goodman equipment and while the warranty covers parts after a year the installers quoted outrageous labor charges for repairs. The last one was for a system only 14 months old. Before you buy another home, go in the attic or crawl space and get the manufacturer's and installer's names and check the reviews.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>