Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: J. Walker

"Retired"
Installed a new 3 ton and a 5 ton seer 14 heat pumps two years ago. 3 ton unit is fine. Reversing valve in 5 ton developed a leak in about a year. Repaired under warranty, parts and labor. After 2 years, labor warranty ran out, reversing valve developed another leak. This time it cost me over $400 for labor and 18 pounds of freon.

Date created: 2010-05-07 Name: D. Hawkins

"Goodman BAD condenser coils"
My son has 2 16 seer Goodman units and I have 1 14 seer unit all less than 3 yrs old. 2 of the 3 condensing coils are currently leaking. Replacement coils are taking 2 weeks or longer to receive and service labor to repair them is outrageous. Better to just trash them and learn your lesson. Absolutely, don't buy without a service contract.

Date created: 2010-05-06 Name: Andy

"WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!"
Worst unit I have ever seen. Coil have gone out twice!!!!!! Heck about to junk this one!!!!!

Date created: 2010-04-28 Name: M. Garcia

"New Heat pump"
Let me tell you after reading the review of Goodman, I'm starting to believe the reviews. I just got mine replaced brand new and yes, it's started to give me problems. Haven't had it for 1 month yet, temperature drop lows 40 and now I get a loud noise from the outside unit. It woke me in up in the middle of the night. That's how loud the noise is. Call Tech to come over and see it. Waiting now to see what he tells me. Aggravation. That I don't need. Very unhappy right now.

Date created: 2010-04-26 Name: David

"Goodman heat pump"
This heat pump has never given me any problems until last year. The coil in the attice has a small leak and I have to believe that's because the unit wasn't installed correctly in the attice. The bottom of the coils set in water are really rusted. Only service call I've had was to put freon in once a year for the last two years. So now, I'm considering an Amana brand.

Date created: 2010-04-24 Name: John

"Packaged heat pump"
My Goodman packaged heat pump is 16 years old and it has been very good to me. I have replaced three capacitors in the last 5 years and because of that and it's age I am replacing it. Also, the new one is much more efficient and I get a tax rebate. It still runs and cools great but I think it's time. I am going with another Goodman and with luck, it will serve as well as my old one. One more thing, some of you guys state that they are waiting weeks for parts. I don't understand this because of the number of them sold, there are Goodman parts everywhere. If your guy can't get them, change to another service company.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: D. Carter

"Hvac contractor"
As an HVAC contractor, we used to install Goodman equipment for years. We have been having a lot of problems with indoor and outdoor coils leaking after a couple of years, not to mention contactors, capacitors, and reversing valves for the home owners that purchased Goodman equipment. I know what you're going through. We have to go back and repair this junk free of charge. Didn't start having trouble with this until after we installed maybe a thousand pieces of equipment. So, go figure how much money we had lost as a contractor. Makes you want to close the doors. We sold a lot of Goodman, and regretting everyone that I sold. Every Goodman service call that I go on, as soon as I get out of my truck, I grab my gauges and freon. Leaky Goodman...lol

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: Michael Chapman

"Goodman Heat Pump"
The Goodman heat pump is very loud! I am having to work it all the time. Never buy a Goodman!

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: E. Skelton

"Never buy a goodman"
I had this unit installed 3 years ago. I have had it worked 6 times. They have replaced the heat strips, the coil, circuit board, filled with freon 3 times plus each time they worked on it. No matter what they do, it will not heat or cool like it should. My electric bill keeps climbing. It has gone from $70-$80 to $200-$210. I bought the extended warranty and a lot of dealers won't honor it. I can understand why. Have tried to contact the Goodman company and all we get is tech service and they don't do anything.

Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: Wyman Langston

"Owner"
The Goodman heat pump I have has too many parts to go bad. Now, the compressor has been out for about six weeks. My dealer has not been able to get one yet. It is still under warranty but no parts is same as no warranty. The weather is hot. I cannot talk to anyone with Goodman. I will never have anything else built by this company.

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>