Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: D. Carter

"Hvac contractor"
As an HVAC contractor, we used to install Goodman equipment for years. We have been having a lot of problems with indoor and outdoor coils leaking after a couple of years, not to mention contactors, capacitors, and reversing valves for the home owners that purchased Goodman equipment. I know what you're going through. We have to go back and repair this junk free of charge. Didn't start having trouble with this until after we installed maybe a thousand pieces of equipment. So, go figure how much money we had lost as a contractor. Makes you want to close the doors. We sold a lot of Goodman, and regretting everyone that I sold. Every Goodman service call that I go on, as soon as I get out of my truck, I grab my gauges and freon. Leaky Goodman...lol

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: Michael Chapman

"Goodman Heat Pump"
The Goodman heat pump is very loud! I am having to work it all the time. Never buy a Goodman!

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: E. Skelton

"Never buy a goodman"
I had this unit installed 3 years ago. I have had it worked 6 times. They have replaced the heat strips, the coil, circuit board, filled with freon 3 times plus each time they worked on it. No matter what they do, it will not heat or cool like it should. My electric bill keeps climbing. It has gone from $70-$80 to $200-$210. I bought the extended warranty and a lot of dealers won't honor it. I can understand why. Have tried to contact the Goodman company and all we get is tech service and they don't do anything.

Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: Wyman Langston

"Owner"
The Goodman heat pump I have has too many parts to go bad. Now, the compressor has been out for about six weeks. My dealer has not been able to get one yet. It is still under warranty but no parts is same as no warranty. The weather is hot. I cannot talk to anyone with Goodman. I will never have anything else built by this company.

Date created: 2010-03-16 Name: S. Boone

"Nothing But Trouble"
I have actually only had the unit for 4 months! It is a piece of junk. Someone has been out here at least once a month trying to fix a heating unit that blows cold air in your house when it is 40 degrees outside. I just got new freon placed in it at 0900 today due to a leak... It is now 10:20 at night, and cold air is blowing in my home again!! Tomorrow morning, I will be calling and telling someone to get this piece of junk out of my yard!

Date created: 2010-03-16 Name: Lori

"Worst investment ever!!"
This is the worst investment we have ever made. Unit is barely 2 years old and it is currently sitting "dead in the water". In the first year alone, we had over a dozen repairs. We are in Arizona, and it quickly reaches over 100 degrees in the house during the summer months without a working A/C unit. In winter months (now experiencing), it drops down to 60 degrees or lower in the house. Our technician tells us that the part needed is obsolete. The unit is only 2 years old and they no longer make the part needed to repair???? So, we just sit and wait, with no heat. Customer service does not care, they took our money and left us with a large piece of garbage. Would not even recommend this product to my worst enemy!

Date created: 2010-03-08 Name: David K.

"WORST CHEAPEST A/C GOODMAN"
I am being 100% honest. I have been in the apartment, housing and commercial A/C repair business for 20+ years. Goodman is 100% junk. You will have to replace the compressor within 5 years. Unit will leak freon, electrical contactor will fry, valves with leak. Junk, junk, junk, junk, junk. I know from experience. If you purchase a Goodman or a Janitrol brand, you will suffer and be sick you ever purchased one of these after about 3 to 6 years.

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: S. Brandt

"Home owner, wanted to buy American"
Do not buy a Goodman! You will have to add extra parts down the road. The unit is noisy and not efficient. Do not buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2010-03-03 Name: Ralph Panzetta

"From day 1 this Goodman sucked"
From day 1, nothing but problems. The leaks are so small that no one can find them. My bills keep going up and up. Finally, they will replace the unit under the 10-year warranty. I have to pay for shipping, and more freon. Goodman can have it. Time for me to bite the bullet and move on.

Date created: 2010-03-01 Name: Dave E.

" (Eastern Canada) This is Fantastic"
We've just received our February power bill. $326.68 ($37.58 of that is tax). Either way and however you look at it, this is an amazing product. I'm reading a lot of negative reviews and I can't understand. I have to wonder if it may be an installation issue. Our house is by no means well insulated, built in 1961 when government codes were not near as high. This time last year, I would have been looking at at least $400 in oil if not more and I have all electric water heating now and I am amazed. My neighbors who have had the units installed are equally impressed and I'm about to build a cottage and guaranteed it will have a Goodman Heat Pump. Just cannot understand why I did not learn about this years sooner......... Thanks Mick!! I'm thinking installation and qualified technicians are where the issues are here. There will be issues with any product and as I see it here Goodman seems to be replacing the units/parts but I have yet to come up with an issue. Maybe we will see as our unit ages but this is simply fantastic. Realistically, utility costs at my home are down over 50% with the temperature contsantly set at 70f. Very pleased.

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>