Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: B. Key

"Not good units!"
Typical review that I have seen. The coils on both units I own have leaked, one last year and one this year. I agree that the installer makes a difference, but not on internal parts. Goodman covered the part, but not the labor. I will never allow another Goodman product in any home I own!

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: C. Adams

"Coils"
My husband and I are extremely dissatisfied with this unit. Did not purchase warranty and coils started leaking from after about 16 mos. Installer says he has been in the business 30 yrs and has never seen anything like it. We're in the process of battling Goodman and the installer for refunds, etc. We've been told that Goodman tried to save $ by reducing the amount of copper on their coils (copper prices have soared). So anyone buying these heat pumps are paying for it. Never buy a Goodman!!

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: F. Crutchfield

Ran well for two years and then started needing gas put in it. Now the condenser coils have to be replaced on the 3rd year. The unit outside makes a lot of noise. Coils are covered but the rest is $730.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Don Marks

"My Goodman Heat pump"
Hello folks! Just want to say that the road I live on, 3 of my neighbors have a Goodman heat pump as do I. I have had mine 2 years and I have had no problems. My friends have had no problems from their Goodman heat pump. I believe that if any heat pump Goodman or any other brand that if installed incorrectly you will have problems. My advise to any one who buys a heat pump no matter the brand get the best service tech you can find to install. Installation makes all the difference in the world. I hope this helps you make an informed decision on buying a heat pump.

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: J. Walker

"Retired"
Installed a new 3 ton and a 5 ton seer 14 heat pumps two years ago. 3 ton unit is fine. Reversing valve in 5 ton developed a leak in about a year. Repaired under warranty, parts and labor. After 2 years, labor warranty ran out, reversing valve developed another leak. This time it cost me over $400 for labor and 18 pounds of freon.

Date created: 2010-05-07 Name: D. Hawkins

"Goodman BAD condenser coils"
My son has 2 16 seer Goodman units and I have 1 14 seer unit all less than 3 yrs old. 2 of the 3 condensing coils are currently leaking. Replacement coils are taking 2 weeks or longer to receive and service labor to repair them is outrageous. Better to just trash them and learn your lesson. Absolutely, don't buy without a service contract.

Date created: 2010-05-06 Name: Andy

"WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!"
Worst unit I have ever seen. Coil have gone out twice!!!!!! Heck about to junk this one!!!!!

Date created: 2010-04-28 Name: M. Garcia

"New Heat pump"
Let me tell you after reading the review of Goodman, I'm starting to believe the reviews. I just got mine replaced brand new and yes, it's started to give me problems. Haven't had it for 1 month yet, temperature drop lows 40 and now I get a loud noise from the outside unit. It woke me in up in the middle of the night. That's how loud the noise is. Call Tech to come over and see it. Waiting now to see what he tells me. Aggravation. That I don't need. Very unhappy right now.

Date created: 2010-04-26 Name: David

"Goodman heat pump"
This heat pump has never given me any problems until last year. The coil in the attice has a small leak and I have to believe that's because the unit wasn't installed correctly in the attice. The bottom of the coils set in water are really rusted. Only service call I've had was to put freon in once a year for the last two years. So now, I'm considering an Amana brand.

Date created: 2010-04-24 Name: John

"Packaged heat pump"
My Goodman packaged heat pump is 16 years old and it has been very good to me. I have replaced three capacitors in the last 5 years and because of that and it's age I am replacing it. Also, the new one is much more efficient and I get a tax rebate. It still runs and cools great but I think it's time. I am going with another Goodman and with luck, it will serve as well as my old one. One more thing, some of you guys state that they are waiting weeks for parts. I don't understand this because of the number of them sold, there are Goodman parts everywhere. If your guy can't get them, change to another service company.

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>