Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-27 Name: Charles Korzinek

"Your lack of spare parts cost the customer"
The Goodman seer 15 outside unit failed after 2 1/2 years because the reversing valve failed releasing all the refrigerant to the atmosphere. It took 23 days for the a new reversing valve to be delivered and installed. The new replacement reversing valve failed at the same place on the valve assembly. It took another 17 days for the replacing of the entire outside unit to occur. During the heat pump downtime, the furnace heated the house with supplement resistant heater coil heat. The total known downtime of our heat pump (during Jan-Feb 2010), because of the lack of spare parts, caused our electric bills to go from an approximate $425/winter month to $619. for Dec-Jan and $867 for the period of Jan-Feb. Our local dealership advises me that Goodman doesn't compensate for such added heating expenses because of their lack of spare parts. I suggest you think twice before purchasing a Goodman Heat Pump.

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: L. Caylor

"3 ton and 2 1/2 ton Goodman heatpumps"
I am very satisfied with the Goodman units I installed in my new home. I have a well insulated 3200 square foot home and average summer cooling is $175. Winter heating cost average $160 with a high bill of $225. I have had no problems at all with the units. In my opinion, the units represent the best value in the industry. My total installed cost was less than half the cost of some of the other brands.

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: Chuck T.

"Goodman heat pump"
Unit 6 years old, had to have repaired in year 4, now just found out unit is shot and needs to be replaced. It will not be a Goodman.

Date created: 2010-02-23 Name: John Wood
Location: South

"2,5 Ton Goodman Heat Pump"
In 15 years, I have had two service calls. One for low on freon and the other for the capacitor. When I had the unit filled with freon, the service man told me that I needed to replace it because of the leak. That was 5 years ago and it is still cooling my house very well. I live in the South, so it is very hot and humid most of the year.

Date created: 2010-02-21 Name: David & Carol Grassi

"NO GOOD GOODMAN"
Built the house 2 years ago. Installer put in a 31/2 ton Goodman heat pump. After the 1st week of not cooling an 1800 sq. ft. house, the 3 1/2 ton was replaced by the installer with a 4 ton Goodman unit, which is very loud and noisy. This still does not heat nor cool our home. Heating unit is completely gone out now and we replaced it with another brand!! Certainly not a Goodman!! Will not recommend Goodman brand or this installer to my worst enemy. They at least deserve better than we got!!

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: James A. Lott

"J A LOTT"
Air conditioner coil had to be replaced at just over 9 years of age. This just does not compare to the previous we have owned that lasts 15 to 17 years.

Date created: 2010-02-18 Name: R. McGee

"Goodman Heat Pump and Furnace"
The system was a lemon from day one! Significant failures include the thermostat, the humidifier, the condenser fan and a valve in the condenser. Finally, the heat pump failed completely when the condenser housing filled with ice and snow with no means of removing it. The dealer, Santa Fe of Gardner, Ks finally said I should find another service company.

Date created: 2010-02-12 Name: G. McKenzie

"Junkl that costs you money"
About a month ago, I had a Goodman 15 Seer unit installed for an 1800 square foot home. It comes on every 5-7 minutes. My electric bill is $440 a month with with the thermostat on 65. If you want to throw money away, buy a Goodman. It should be called a Not=so-Goodman.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: James House

"Leaky Goodman Heat Pump Unit"
The 3 ton Goodman Heat Pump that I bought from AC Whole Sellers has a slow freon leak. Neither Goodman or AC will pay for the labor to find the leak and repair it. I've spent $350.00 in the last year just replacing the freon and now I'm told they'll need 3 to 4 hours to go through the unit to find the leak. I need to replace my upstairs unit but I won't buy a Goodman because this is a flaw in their warranty.

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: Mark Lovell

"HVAC"
The equipment is far less the problem than the quality of workmanship. We installed all brands and have absolutely 0 complaints.

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>