Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: A. B.

"No problems after 15 months"
It certainly appears that I'm in the minority on this one. Of course, most people don't search these sites when their system is working properly. My system has been operating for 15 months with no problems. I had a reputable and knowledgeable contractor install my system. I have 3 close friends that have the same system. All working properly with no failures. My region is currently experiencing record setting heat this week. 100+ degrees. Cooling like a champ. My Goodman replaced a 15 year Rheem system. The Rheem was very noisy. My Goodman is very quiet. This is just my 2 cents.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: No More Trane
Location: Lexington, KY

"Engineer/Project Manager"
We recently started using the Amana/Goodman units due to the local distributor in Lexington, Ky keeping all parts and most full systems on hand. Being a long time Trane fan, I was skeptical of the quality and durability of Goodman. After several full replacemnets and some great support from Goodman, I can actually say “move over Trane, you are not worth the extra money”! Here in the real word, there are only two compressor manufacturers, two electronic board makers and only a few different motor names in all of the 150 different brands, so the service/support and dependability are the only factors to consider when buying HVAC units. I have heard good and bad of every unit name and can honestly say - it is only 10% unit brand and 90% installation technique and quality! Keep some money for yourself!!!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Jenn

"DONT BUY A GOODMAN"
It's a piece of crap!!! Still under warranty for parts, so we replaced the compressor, capacitor, and sequencer; spent $1200 and the piece of crap still doesn't work! Don't buy a Goodman! I called customer service for Goodman, they did nothing.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: A. Howard

"Poor quality"
My unit is 5 yrs old and has not run for more than 12 months without breaking yet. It has had two compressors and several other parts. They warrantied the compressor but not the hundreds of dollars in freon and labor. Do not buy one of these.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: William Kirkland

"Piece of Crap!!!"
In the six years that I have had this system, I have had over 20 services calls. The Service techs have gutted the system twice but to no avail. I wouldn't have another Goodman a/c if they paid me.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Nick Thomas

"Goodman is Junk"
System is 4 years old. I have replaced the circuit board, the compressor, the capacitor and the fan. All parts under warranty but labor was over 2,000.00. Don't waste your money. Buying cheap doesn't help when the system don't work.

Date created: 2010-07-13 Name: J. Satterlee

"Junk,junk,junk"
Don't waste your money. It is a breaker, a switch, a 500 dollar fan and then the compressor, when you finally get tired of the junk.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: DJ

"Junk stay far away"
System compressor failed after three years. Then the evaporator coil leaked and had to be replaced. I waited with no air for two weeks for a coil to be shipped. Then outside coil started leaking. The outside unit was also noisey and my neighbor complained. I finally had it replaced with another brand. Total junk, not worth anything other then scrap metal.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Charles H. Wood

"Home owner"
There isn't a space for 2 weeks on the scale. We have had the unit 2 weeks and it's the biggest piece of junk we've ever owned. We replaced a 10 seer Rheem with a 15 seer Goodman. Boy, do I ever want my Rheem back. I dread to see our electric bill. That thing has run continually. I wish I had seen this site before we left them install. Believe me, they wouldn't have installed that one.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Kevin

"Amana ? Goodman Company"
The compressor failed after 6 years! The Goodman customer service line stinks. They take forever to answer your call, kept getting put on hold, at one point for 23 minutes! I also got forwarded to one of their competitors International Comfort Products Inc by one of their customer service reps. Their advert claims that if your compressor fails they will replace the whole heat pump unit out. However, the representative at Goodman who eventually called me back said that this does not apply to Amana units purchased before they took over Amana. I pointed out that their recorded bs on the phone line does not state this and I question the legality of having such a statement on a phone line that supposedly is for all Amana products. Anyhow, my advice is not to buy Amana/ Goodman products. Look elsewhere!

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>