Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: David Corbett

"Mr Corbett"
Nothing but metal, wire, and electronic junk. From day one, this heat pump has been nothing but a major headache, which is nothing compared to the cost of repair, even under warranty. If you have the choice, do not purchase a Goodman anything.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: Allen

"P.O.S."
Would never, ever have another one. Came with the new house so didn't have much choice. It has become an annual event to get a new compressor. I have no complaints with the furnace, but the heat pump sucks. I have Lennox, Trane, and American Standard dealers coming to give me bids on a new heat pump. Ridiculous to have to replace a three year old system, but I just don't trust it.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Tim Emory

"Losing Sleep!"
My contractor replaced mine after 1 week of nearly losing my mind, and the 2nd one was just as noisy. I am currently searching for plans for a "sound barrier wall". I'm even considering buying another brand and pitching my Goodman.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Becky Hood

"Homeowner"
From the day we moved into our 2435 sq ft home, we have had nothing but trouble with this unit. Our power bills are running $475 during the summer months. Our unit has had to have a multitude of parts replaced. We have been asked to increase the intake sizing as well as purchase and install an attic fan in an attempt to have this unit work efficiently. I have been told by our dealer that I shouldn't keep my house on 72 degrees, that it is too cold of a setting. Even with 72 my house is hot. We have replaced the thermostat and over the 3 years we have been in the house, the freon has leaked out I know of at least 8 times. Parts replaced, coil, thermostat, blower, fan motor, shredder valve (twice), drain pain, condenser and last but not least the dampers have been enlarged. Yesterday, my house was set at 72 at 2:00. By 6:00, it had climbed to 76 degrees and took until 10:00 to come back down. I am being told that is just because of the area I live in. I will never purchase another Goodman unit nor would I ever suggest one.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Bobby Michael Lovell

"Dont waste your money"
I had this heat pump for 8 months now and I hate it. The worth $3200 I have ever spent in my life. It is very loud. It sounds like a helicopter landed in my yard!!! Not to mention my electric bill nearly doubled. I would have been better off to just kept the 16 yr old Heil heat pump that I already have. Nothing wrong with it except it's 16 yrs old.

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: G. Martin

"Martin TN"
Installed Goodman 5 ton heat pump Jan 2009, paid $250.00 to install, connect to Goodman air handler. One month later, unit leaked freon. Paid $250.00 to recharge. Several months later, contact points failed. Paid $85.00. Compressor failed Feb, 2010 to date without heat or air. Goodman claims that because we purchased the unit from an online wholesaler and had professionally installed they will not warrant. Goodmans support people are heartless and offer no help, only excuses why they won't back their product. Their last comment was buy a new unit to get warranty.

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: I.M. Pissed

"This is a piece of Shit"
This unit failed to perform from day one. Lots of leaks and corrosion in tubes. Coil is bad. Reverser valve shot within a year. Go elsewhere!

Date created: 2010-06-11 Name: Eric Plyler

"M. PLYLER"
I have been installing Goodman products for the last 2 years and servicing them for 5. The main problem with Goodman is the installing contractor. These guys who get in to big a hurry and don't do a quality install. Installation is just like anything else in life. If you don't take the time to do it right, you will pay for it down the road. I give references for my installs because I do good, quality work. Quality over quantity. The fastest tech is not always the best.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: J. Aldret

"Director"
3 year old Goodman unit and evaporator coil shot!!! $500 in labor. I had a Ruud 20 years with not one problem till I replaced it. I could go on about other things but no need to get my blood pressure up. Done with Goodman.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: Tim

"14 seer goodman"
Evaporator coil rusted out at 3 years. Now at 6 years, the coils are rusting out again. I'm now at an extra grand in labor. I won't ever buy another Goodman. Contractor claims to replace 3 a week and doesn't sell Goodman anymore unless requested. He's replacing coils with better coils supposedly.

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>