Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: DJ

"Junk stay far away"
System compressor failed after three years. Then the evaporator coil leaked and had to be replaced. I waited with no air for two weeks for a coil to be shipped. Then outside coil started leaking. The outside unit was also noisey and my neighbor complained. I finally had it replaced with another brand. Total junk, not worth anything other then scrap metal.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Charles H. Wood

"Home owner"
There isn't a space for 2 weeks on the scale. We have had the unit 2 weeks and it's the biggest piece of junk we've ever owned. We replaced a 10 seer Rheem with a 15 seer Goodman. Boy, do I ever want my Rheem back. I dread to see our electric bill. That thing has run continually. I wish I had seen this site before we left them install. Believe me, they wouldn't have installed that one.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Kevin

"Amana ? Goodman Company"
The compressor failed after 6 years! The Goodman customer service line stinks. They take forever to answer your call, kept getting put on hold, at one point for 23 minutes! I also got forwarded to one of their competitors International Comfort Products Inc by one of their customer service reps. Their advert claims that if your compressor fails they will replace the whole heat pump unit out. However, the representative at Goodman who eventually called me back said that this does not apply to Amana units purchased before they took over Amana. I pointed out that their recorded bs on the phone line does not state this and I question the legality of having such a statement on a phone line that supposedly is for all Amana products. Anyhow, my advice is not to buy Amana/ Goodman products. Look elsewhere!

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Michael

"Goodman 5 Ton Unit"
We purchased a Goodman 5 Ton unit for our home 5 years ago. We went with the Goodman because it was about 30% cheaper than other unit manufactures (Ruud, Trane, etc). So far, an outside capacitor has had to be replaced 3 times, the outside fan motor once, the compressor once, the inside unit squirrel cage fan once, and thatís not to mention the times that relays went out. The unit we had before this one was a Ruud. Twelve years of service without trouble. The only good thing about the Goodman, is that we also purchased a ten year full parts and labor warranty. I guess that means in another 5 years, I'll be in the market for another unit. I can guarantee, it will not be a Goodman. I will say the HVAC contractor has stood up to his warranty guarantee, and repaired all breakdowns promptly.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: David Corbett

"Mr Corbett"
Nothing but metal, wire, and electronic junk. From day one, this heat pump has been nothing but a major headache, which is nothing compared to the cost of repair, even under warranty. If you have the choice, do not purchase a Goodman anything.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: Allen

"P.O.S."
Would never, ever have another one. Came with the new house so didn't have much choice. It has become an annual event to get a new compressor. I have no complaints with the furnace, but the heat pump sucks. I have Lennox, Trane, and American Standard dealers coming to give me bids on a new heat pump. Ridiculous to have to replace a three year old system, but I just don't trust it.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Tim Emory

"Losing Sleep!"
My contractor replaced mine after 1 week of nearly losing my mind, and the 2nd one was just as noisy. I am currently searching for plans for a "sound barrier wall". I'm even considering buying another brand and pitching my Goodman.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Becky Hood

"Homeowner"
From the day we moved into our 2435 sq ft home, we have had nothing but trouble with this unit. Our power bills are running $475 during the summer months. Our unit has had to have a multitude of parts replaced. We have been asked to increase the intake sizing as well as purchase and install an attic fan in an attempt to have this unit work efficiently. I have been told by our dealer that I shouldn't keep my house on 72 degrees, that it is too cold of a setting. Even with 72 my house is hot. We have replaced the thermostat and over the 3 years we have been in the house, the freon has leaked out I know of at least 8 times. Parts replaced, coil, thermostat, blower, fan motor, shredder valve (twice), drain pain, condenser and last but not least the dampers have been enlarged. Yesterday, my house was set at 72 at 2:00. By 6:00, it had climbed to 76 degrees and took until 10:00 to come back down. I am being told that is just because of the area I live in. I will never purchase another Goodman unit nor would I ever suggest one.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Bobby Michael Lovell

"Dont waste your money"
I had this heat pump for 8 months now and I hate it. The worth $3200 I have ever spent in my life. It is very loud. It sounds like a helicopter landed in my yard!!! Not to mention my electric bill nearly doubled. I would have been better off to just kept the 16 yr old Heil heat pump that I already have. Nothing wrong with it except it's 16 yrs old.

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: G. Martin

"Martin TN"
Installed Goodman 5 ton heat pump Jan 2009, paid $250.00 to install, connect to Goodman air handler. One month later, unit leaked freon. Paid $250.00 to recharge. Several months later, contact points failed. Paid $85.00. Compressor failed Feb, 2010 to date without heat or air. Goodman claims that because we purchased the unit from an online wholesaler and had professionally installed they will not warrant. Goodmans support people are heartless and offer no help, only excuses why they won't back their product. Their last comment was buy a new unit to get warranty.

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>