Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-27 Name: Marcus Nerenberg
Location: Quebec

"No warranty protection"
We have not been able to find someone to honor our warranty in Quebec. First year of installation was a disaster - the installers didn't realize what kind of insulation we had (older house) and it was everywhere. The system leaked into the ceiling of the next bedroom and we had to repair that. The foil tubes were exposed and we had to enclose them. We were way overcharged ($16,000 tax in) when the true value was half. Our name was circulated on greedy warranty chasers after the parent company went bankrupt(how companies in Quebec avoid taxes). We got rooked for another $500 for continued warranty protection and when the service guy showed up, he refused to give us an invoice and wanted cash. Our machine was missing coolant but all he did was fill it (5 min) and charge $300. Didn't verify the system for possible leaks etc. The unprofessionalism of the guy was scary. When he wouldn't give a receipt, I refused to pay him and he drained our system and broke off a spout. Local heating repair company will not deal with Goodman because Goodman will not pay them the prices for parts that the small companies have to pay. We found out through Goodman Laval Quebec that we did not need to pay a thing for our continued warranty - all these "warranty guarantors" are bogus. We have had out system for 5 years and it has worked ok but not in windy weather - it cuts out. This is the first time we have needed repairs to our system and now reading all your complaints we are nervous. We were hoping to get 10 years out of it. Hope our experience helps others.

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: P. Hicks

"On my second Goodman"
The original unit was a Goodman and lasted 18 years with absolutely no problems. My wife and I were rough with the lack of changing filters and I never cleaned the outside unit until someone told me it was a wise idea. I failed to do so for the first 7 years we were in this house. The original unit just went out and we had a second Goodman installed. Now that I read the other reviews, I hope this one is as good as the last.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Steven

"Service tech"
I installed the 15 seer heat pump in my house and I have no complaints. I was reading the reviews of Goodman and it sounds like the installer did not install the system properly. I have installed many Goodman heat pumps and have no problems with them. Now, keyword in any system - it must be installed properly. Otherwise, the system will not function properly. I am reading other reviews. Compressors failing within a year or better stems from not installed properly!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: P. Combs

"Failed after 14 months"
We had to replace our heat pump last year and the ac people recommended the Goodman. The warranty expired 2 months ago. Now, we will need to replace it.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Vickie Pennington

"Don't purchase"
Terrible unit. It's only a little over two years old and already had to replace a switch. Now, the compressor has gone out. Luckily, we purchased the extended warranty, but they don't make those r22 units anymore. If it has to be replaced, we will have to again replace both the inside and outside units. It is definitely a piece of junk and Goodman should have to replace our unit with a new one. Of course, it doesn't work that way, but they would replace it if they were honest. Don't purchase anything from them.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: A. B.

"No problems after 15 months"
It certainly appears that I'm in the minority on this one. Of course, most people don't search these sites when their system is working properly. My system has been operating for 15 months with no problems. I had a reputable and knowledgeable contractor install my system. I have 3 close friends that have the same system. All working properly with no failures. My region is currently experiencing record setting heat this week. 100+ degrees. Cooling like a champ. My Goodman replaced a 15 year Rheem system. The Rheem was very noisy. My Goodman is very quiet. This is just my 2 cents.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: No More Trane
Location: Lexington, KY

"Engineer/Project Manager"
We recently started using the Amana/Goodman units due to the local distributor in Lexington, Ky keeping all parts and most full systems on hand. Being a long time Trane fan, I was skeptical of the quality and durability of Goodman. After several full replacemnets and some great support from Goodman, I can actually say “move over Trane, you are not worth the extra money”! Here in the real word, there are only two compressor manufacturers, two electronic board makers and only a few different motor names in all of the 150 different brands, so the service/support and dependability are the only factors to consider when buying HVAC units. I have heard good and bad of every unit name and can honestly say - it is only 10% unit brand and 90% installation technique and quality! Keep some money for yourself!!!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Jenn

"DONT BUY A GOODMAN"
It's a piece of crap!!! Still under warranty for parts, so we replaced the compressor, capacitor, and sequencer; spent $1200 and the piece of crap still doesn't work! Don't buy a Goodman! I called customer service for Goodman, they did nothing.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: A. Howard

"Poor quality"
My unit is 5 yrs old and has not run for more than 12 months without breaking yet. It has had two compressors and several other parts. They warrantied the compressor but not the hundreds of dollars in freon and labor. Do not buy one of these.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: William Kirkland

"Piece of Crap!!!"
In the six years that I have had this system, I have had over 20 services calls. The Service techs have gutted the system twice but to no avail. I wouldn't have another Goodman a/c if they paid me.

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>