Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: H. Loveless
Location: florida

"You get what you pay for."
I have been in the business for 30 years. You get what you pay for. MOST buildings do not have sufficient airflow due to poor duct design. That WILL kill your new unit..using restrictive air filters will KILL your unit. Using unlicensed and incompetent installers result in a unit that WILL DIE. Warranties have a beginning date and an ending date...if your contractor won't GIVE FREE repairs after the warranty is up, don't whine. It was you that decided the standard warranty was good enough. I have a disclaimer on my proposals that the customer must sign if they DON'T buy the extended warranty. All Goodman units come with owner information which includes the advice to and instructions on how to buy the extended warranty...if you didn't read it...it's your problem. Some of the problems have nothing to do with the equipment at all....if you never change the oi in your car, how long will it last...will Ford give you free gas when it runs out?? Goodman disallows warranty on internet purchases...I wish every company was that way.

Date created: 2010-09-02 Name: A Weinstein
Location: Concord, MA

"16 seer, 2 ton"
I almost didn't buy this because of all the bad reviews. As we've only had it a week,I can't speak about reliability yet, but this thing is super quiet.Unless you're in the room right by the outdoor unit, you can't tell if it's on. Our old one could be heard throughout the house, from the day it was installed. It's also a much more pleasant cool, less cold wind that you're aware of then just comfortable air all around, though this may have something to do with the new fan distributing the air

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: rita Woolf

"GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE"
CAN'T SAY ENOUGH....GARBAGE, GARBAGE...

Date created: 2010-08-17 Name: jerome

3ton, 16 seer, three failed compressors in three years. Unit failed again.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: j finche
Location: Fort Myers, FL

"Builder florida"
17 years,1000+ units,rate as good as any system,good installs,great service people

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: C. Jones
Location: Tazewell, TN

"CRJ"
Have owned unit for less than 1 year and the indoor coil is leaking. Warranty covers parts, but not labor. Worst part of all is the length of time to get the new coil. Have been without air for 7 days and looking at another week. They would not even let me pay for faster shipping myself.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: TJ

"Ms."
Never again Goodman!! For the second time in my 4 year old home, ac has gone out. Turns out, according to the service man, the coils in Goodman AC's are of poor quality. To replace, under warranty, $700!!! Gee, what would it have cost out of warranty?! The first time it went out, it cost $450. Class action lawsuit maybe??? According to my service man, many many unhappy Goodman customers. And btw, I replace my filters religiously!!

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: Chatcher

"Who can give service?"
We had a Goodman system installed about 3 years ago. Had a couple of small issues but now my husband thinks the compressor is out. The company that installed it is out of business and we paid them additional $ for extended warranty but not sure who to contact. Looked on line but very confusing. Any suggestions?

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: D Russell

"Two units, two deffective exchangers, 6 years"
Rusted out exchangers on two 6 year old units replaced "under warranty" @ $1,200.00. On top of a $600.00 "warranty repair" done at 5 years to replace a fan motor. The manufacturer balked at stated part warranty until I produced documentation clearly stating coverage. Rheem will replace these when they go again...

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: E. Coleman

"Goodman Heat pump"
Before I got the goodman heat pump I had a Lennox and had it installed by a reputable company. Wasn't the cheapest bid, but supposed to do the best work. Never had nothing but trouble with it. I purchased the goodman to replace the Lennox and installed it myself, The control transformer was bad right out of the box, They replaced it and it worked good for about a year. The transformer went out again. I replace it and installed a fuse on the line side and haven't anymore problems with it. Today a capacitor went out. I replace it and it seems to be working ok. Even with all the problems I have had with it, it's still better then a lennox.

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>