Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Steven

"Service tech"
I installed the 15 seer heat pump in my house and I have no complaints. I was reading the reviews of Goodman and it sounds like the installer did not install the system properly. I have installed many Goodman heat pumps and have no problems with them. Now, keyword in any system - it must be installed properly. Otherwise, the system will not function properly. I am reading other reviews. Compressors failing within a year or better stems from not installed properly!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: P. Combs

"Failed after 14 months"
We had to replace our heat pump last year and the ac people recommended the Goodman. The warranty expired 2 months ago. Now, we will need to replace it.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Vickie Pennington

"Don't purchase"
Terrible unit. It's only a little over two years old and already had to replace a switch. Now, the compressor has gone out. Luckily, we purchased the extended warranty, but they don't make those r22 units anymore. If it has to be replaced, we will have to again replace both the inside and outside units. It is definitely a piece of junk and Goodman should have to replace our unit with a new one. Of course, it doesn't work that way, but they would replace it if they were honest. Don't purchase anything from them.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: A. B.

"No problems after 15 months"
It certainly appears that I'm in the minority on this one. Of course, most people don't search these sites when their system is working properly. My system has been operating for 15 months with no problems. I had a reputable and knowledgeable contractor install my system. I have 3 close friends that have the same system. All working properly with no failures. My region is currently experiencing record setting heat this week. 100+ degrees. Cooling like a champ. My Goodman replaced a 15 year Rheem system. The Rheem was very noisy. My Goodman is very quiet. This is just my 2 cents.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: No More Trane
Location: Lexington, KY

"Engineer/Project Manager"
We recently started using the Amana/Goodman units due to the local distributor in Lexington, Ky keeping all parts and most full systems on hand. Being a long time Trane fan, I was skeptical of the quality and durability of Goodman. After several full replacemnets and some great support from Goodman, I can actually say “move over Trane, you are not worth the extra money”! Here in the real word, there are only two compressor manufacturers, two electronic board makers and only a few different motor names in all of the 150 different brands, so the service/support and dependability are the only factors to consider when buying HVAC units. I have heard good and bad of every unit name and can honestly say - it is only 10% unit brand and 90% installation technique and quality! Keep some money for yourself!!!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Jenn

"DONT BUY A GOODMAN"
It's a piece of crap!!! Still under warranty for parts, so we replaced the compressor, capacitor, and sequencer; spent $1200 and the piece of crap still doesn't work! Don't buy a Goodman! I called customer service for Goodman, they did nothing.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: A. Howard

"Poor quality"
My unit is 5 yrs old and has not run for more than 12 months without breaking yet. It has had two compressors and several other parts. They warrantied the compressor but not the hundreds of dollars in freon and labor. Do not buy one of these.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: William Kirkland

"Piece of Crap!!!"
In the six years that I have had this system, I have had over 20 services calls. The Service techs have gutted the system twice but to no avail. I wouldn't have another Goodman a/c if they paid me.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Nick Thomas

"Goodman is Junk"
System is 4 years old. I have replaced the circuit board, the compressor, the capacitor and the fan. All parts under warranty but labor was over 2,000.00. Don't waste your money. Buying cheap doesn't help when the system don't work.

Date created: 2010-07-13 Name: J. Satterlee

"Junk,junk,junk"
Don't waste your money. It is a breaker, a switch, a 500 dollar fan and then the compressor, when you finally get tired of the junk.

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>