Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: rita Woolf

"GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE"
CAN'T SAY ENOUGH....GARBAGE, GARBAGE...

Date created: 2010-08-17 Name: jerome

3ton, 16 seer, three failed compressors in three years. Unit failed again.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: j finche
Location: ft myers fl

"Builder florida"
17 years,1000+ units,rate as good as any system,good installs,great service people

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: C. Jones
Location: Tazewell, Tn.

"CRJ"
Have owned unit for less than 1 year and the indoor coil is leaking. Warranty covers parts, but not labor. Worst part of all is the length of time to get the new coil. Have been without air for 7 days and looking at another week. They would not even let me pay for faster shipping myself.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: TJ

"Ms."
Never again Goodman!! For the second time in my 4 year old home, ac has gone out. Turns out, according to the service man, the coils in Goodman AC's are of poor quality. To replace, under warranty, $700!!! Gee, what would it have cost out of warranty?! The first time it went out, it cost $450. Class action lawsuit maybe??? According to my service man, many many unhappy Goodman customers. And btw, I replace my filters religiously!!

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: Chatcher

"Who can give service?"
We had a Goodman system installed about 3 years ago. Had a couple of small issues but now my husband thinks the compressor is out. The company that installed it is out of business and we paid them additional $ for extended warranty but not sure who to contact. Looked on line but very confusing. Any suggestions?

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: D Russell

"Two units, two deffective exchangers, 6 years"
Rusted out exchangers on two 6 year old units replaced "under warranty" @ $1,200.00. On top of a $600.00 "warranty repair" done at 5 years to replace a fan motor. The manufacturer balked at stated part warranty until I produced documentation clearly stating coverage. Rheem will replace these when they go again...

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: E. Coleman

"Goodman Heat pump"
Before I got the goodman heat pump I had a Lennox and had it installed by a reputable company. Wasn't the cheapest bid, but supposed to do the best work. Never had nothing but trouble with it. I purchased the goodman to replace the Lennox and installed it myself, The control transformer was bad right out of the box, They replaced it and it worked good for about a year. The transformer went out again. I replace it and installed a fuse on the line side and haven't anymore problems with it. Today a capacitor went out. I replace it and it seems to be working ok. Even with all the problems I have had with it, it's still better then a lennox.

Date created: 2010-07-27 Name: Marcus Nerenberg
Location: Quebec

"No warranty protection"
We have not been able to find someone to honor our warranty in Quebec. First year of installation was a disaster - the installers didn't realize what kind of insulation we had (older house) and it was everywhere. The system leaked into the ceiling of the next bedroom and we had to repair that. The foil tubes were exposed and we had to enclose them. We were way overcharged ($16,000 tax in) when the true value was half. Our name was circulated on greedy warranty chasers after the parent company went bankrupt(how companies in Quebec avoid taxes). We got rooked for another $500 for continued warranty protection and when the service guy showed up, he refused to give us an invoice and wanted cash. Our machine was missing coolant but all he did was fill it (5 min) and charge $300. Didn't verify the system for possible leaks etc. The unprofessionalism of the guy was scary. When he wouldn't give a receipt, I refused to pay him and he drained our system and broke off a spout. Local heating repair company will not deal with Goodman because Goodman will not pay them the prices for parts that the small companies have to pay. We found out through Goodman Laval Quebec that we did not need to pay a thing for our continued warranty - all these "warranty guarantors" are bogus. We have had out system for 5 years and it has worked ok but not in windy weather - it cuts out. This is the first time we have needed repairs to our system and now reading all your complaints we are nervous. We were hoping to get 10 years out of it. Hope our experience helps others.

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: P. Hicks

"On my second Goodman"
The original unit was a Goodman and lasted 18 years with absolutely no problems. My wife and I were rough with the lack of changing filters and I never cleaned the outside unit until someone told me it was a wise idea. I failed to do so for the first 7 years we were in this house. The original unit just went out and we had a second Goodman installed. Now that I read the other reviews, I hope this one is as good as the last.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>