Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: flundber
Location: raliigh nc

"Coils leaking"
Two units just 3 years old both condenser coils leaking. With the price of feron will cost about $1600-1700 to replace. Looking at getting two new units. The new units will not be Goodman

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Consumer
Location: North Carolina

"Leaks....."
I purchased a 2 1/2 ton package heatpump. I chose this particular model due to the fact I needed additional cfm v/s btu. Discovered a leaking evap. coil 14 months after install. I do not blame the installer. I called Goodman and explained to them what the problem was. they pretty much told me go jump. I explained that I was a building inspector and have seen 3 of this particular design pulled out in the last month due to LEAKING COILS. Do your homework before you buy.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: mccusker
Location: Marydel, DE

"So-So"
Works very well, but for a super high efficent system, Im not so impressed. It still beets the cost of others

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: sheryl arthur
Location: moore sc 29369

"Stinking air"
Have had this unit for 2 years and it smells horrible. I've read the coils are not coated, hence the cause of Dirty Sock Syndrome. We have spray to use on them but if this does not take care of the problem, I'm going directly to the supplier myself(not sending husband)and we will get results. Tired of my house smelling like puke.Never will I get this product again.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: f lundberg
Location: raleigh north carolina

"Goodman Poor Results"
Indoor coil leaking freon after 3 years. Cost 230 to locate leak not known how much labor will be to install new coil. Repair guy stated that has seen a large number of these types of failures. If upstairs unit fails will go to newer window units and electric heat. This may cost more in electric usage but with the high cost of repair will be lower cost in the long run.

Date created: 2010-10-25 Name: stephen l hegel
Location: phelps ny 14532

"Service manager"
Most complaints come from bargain shoppers that have the local one man band install high tech equipment. when searching for a reputable HVAC company check out the NATE web site and see if your company has any techs or installers with NATE credentials.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: T McQuinn
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

"Goodman 3.5 Ton Heat Pump"
Have now had our Goodman Heat-pump for 3 years now and have had good heating/cooling. I live in New Brunswick, Canada and was unsure of the ability of this unit to continue to generate heat during some of our cold winter weather... especially in January and February. We supplement as the temperature drops below -8 Celsius with a pellet stove, but for the overall heating season, the system works well to keep our 2100 sq ft home warm. We did have some minor repairs to complete that were done by a local H-VAC company, but overall, good heat and excellent cooling.

Date created: 2010-10-11 Name: chris Hupp
Location: Ravenswood, WV

"They are horrible!"
We had a Goodman heat pump installed one year ago - it has not worked right since. I had purchase the warranty twice because the first contractor took off with my money and did not register the unit. I now have a unit that does not work and Goodman will not stand behind their warranty! My electric bills are higher now than they were prior to putting in the new unit. I would never purchase a Goodman unit because they obviously do not stand behind their product and they do not have contractors that are capable to fix the unit!

Date created: 2010-10-04 Name: M. Zelgewicz
Location: Evans Ga

"Don't buy this product"
Don't buy this product! I had a heat pump installed less than 14 months ago. The compressor and accumulator just failed. Goodman wouldn't replace whole unit...was going to cost over $1800 in labor to replace parts...replaced unit with a Bryant for less than $2200.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: Happy Goodman Customer
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Best unit."
I have had no problems with Goodman. Our contractor was great and did a picture perfect installation. Our system has been very quiet. Our contractor explained how Goodman has stepped up their game when switching to the 13 SEER minimum standard. Unit came from factory with 10years parts and LABOR warranty. Total cost was much lower than Trane. Contractor also explained how Trane did not manufacure quality systems like they used to. They were bought out by Ingersoll Rand. It was a no brainer choosing Goodman.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>