Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: sheryl arthur
Location: moore sc 29369

"Stinking air"
Have had this unit for 2 years and it smells horrible. I've read the coils are not coated, hence the cause of Dirty Sock Syndrome. We have spray to use on them but if this does not take care of the problem, I'm going directly to the supplier myself(not sending husband)and we will get results. Tired of my house smelling like puke.Never will I get this product again.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: f lundberg
Location: raleigh north carolina

"Goodman Poor Results"
Indoor coil leaking freon after 3 years. Cost 230 to locate leak not known how much labor will be to install new coil. Repair guy stated that has seen a large number of these types of failures. If upstairs unit fails will go to newer window units and electric heat. This may cost more in electric usage but with the high cost of repair will be lower cost in the long run.

Date created: 2010-10-25 Name: stephen l hegel
Location: phelps ny 14532

"Service manager"
Most complaints come from bargain shoppers that have the local one man band install high tech equipment. when searching for a reputable HVAC company check out the NATE web site and see if your company has any techs or installers with NATE credentials.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: T McQuinn
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

"Goodman 3.5 Ton Heat Pump"
Have now had our Goodman Heat-pump for 3 years now and have had good heating/cooling. I live in New Brunswick, Canada and was unsure of the ability of this unit to continue to generate heat during some of our cold winter weather... especially in January and February. We supplement as the temperature drops below -8 Celsius with a pellet stove, but for the overall heating season, the system works well to keep our 2100 sq ft home warm. We did have some minor repairs to complete that were done by a local H-VAC company, but overall, good heat and excellent cooling.

Date created: 2010-10-11 Name: chris Hupp
Location: Ravenswood, WV

"They are horrible!"
We had a Goodman heat pump installed one year ago - it has not worked right since. I had purchase the warranty twice because the first contractor took off with my money and did not register the unit. I now have a unit that does not work and Goodman will not stand behind their warranty! My electric bills are higher now than they were prior to putting in the new unit. I would never purchase a Goodman unit because they obviously do not stand behind their product and they do not have contractors that are capable to fix the unit!

Date created: 2010-10-04 Name: M. Zelgewicz
Location: Evans Ga

"Don't buy this product"
Don't buy this product! I had a heat pump installed less than 14 months ago. The compressor and accumulator just failed. Goodman wouldn't replace whole unit...was going to cost over $1800 in labor to replace parts...replaced unit with a Bryant for less than $2200.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: Happy Goodman Customer
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Best unit."
I have had no problems with Goodman. Our contractor was great and did a picture perfect installation. Our system has been very quiet. Our contractor explained how Goodman has stepped up their game when switching to the 13 SEER minimum standard. Unit came from factory with 10years parts and LABOR warranty. Total cost was much lower than Trane. Contractor also explained how Trane did not manufacure quality systems like they used to. They were bought out by Ingersoll Rand. It was a no brainer choosing Goodman.

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: Tony P
Location: Hagerstown, MD

"Fine Heatpump"
I have had my Goodman heat pump in my house for 19 years now. It has never needed a repair and it still works real well. I'm thinking of replacing it now because I want a higher SEER rating and it will be tax deductible if done this year.

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: ERIC HUPP
Location: RAVENSWOOD,WV

"UNSATISFIED"
UNIT WAS INSTALLED IN OCTOBER OF 2009 AND IS JUST AT A YEAR OLD. THE UNIT HAS RUN ONLY ABOUT A TOTAL OF 4 MONTHS. SHORTLY AFTER INSTALL EMERGENCY HEAT WAS NEEDED DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH THE UNIT AND HEAT STRIPS MELTED- OUT MOST OF THE WINTER W/O HEAT. SINCE THEN COIL HAS BEEN REPLACED- NEW COIL LEAKED AND NEEDED REPAIRED- IMAGINE THAT A NEW PART DEFECTIVE! ALSO HAD TO REPLACE EXPANSION VALVE, REVERSING VALVE AS WELL. 1ST CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA EMAIL- RESPONSE WAS BASIALLY WE DID OUR BEST BUT THINGS HAPPEN CALL THE REPAIR MAN AND IF HE CANNO9T FIX HAVE HIM CALL US. SINCE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT A RUN AROUND WHERE THEY ARE ATTRIBUTING TO INSTALL ISSUES- DOES NOT ALL THESE PARTS COME ALREADY INSTALLED?? UNIT DOES NOT WORK AND NO HELP WITH CUSTORER SERVICE- AVOID THE THE UNIT IN MY OPINION!

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: R Hicks
Location: Jonesboro, AR

"Not Good"
I just sold a house to some young people with a Goodman heat and air. 2 weeks in the house and they start having problems. We call a repair man and the same you hear on this site---coil is leaking and he says it is manuf defect. My folks are still out $650 because Goodman only pays for parts and labor and charging for replacing a coil are high. Never again will I recommend a Goodman unit to anyone. My husband and I had purchased one also about 2-3 years ago and we have had repairman out twice but so far has not cost us any money--still should not need anything first 2 yrs of service. BAd COMPANY--we need to start a lawsuit.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>