Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: Scott Fussnecker
Location: Fort White, Fl

"Pure Junk."
Bought the unit as part of my Mobile Home package. After a few months I was noticing that it was not cooling properly, I called the company that installed it and they said that it was low on freon. They filled it and said it was not uncommon to have to top off a few months after install due to settling. At the 16 month mark it was determined that the evap coil was leaking and needed to be replaced. I called Amana/Goodman and complained that I had to spend over $500 out of pocket on a unit that started leaking freon in 2 months so they gave me a partial payment as a good will gesture. They had me sign a paper stating I would not file another claim against the unit. Fast forward 16 months and low and behold the evap coil is leaking again and of course Goodman will not cover the part. I am going to replace the entire unit with a Ruud system and cross my fingers. I will never buy another Amana or Goodman product as long as I live and I will tell everyone I know not to as well.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: pat neely
Location: tenn

"Heat pump"
From the time i purchased a goodman heat pump, I have had nothing but trouble with it.It has always had a leak,it would be repaired, and the next thing I know,it happens all over again.I have to purchased another one.It is not 6 yrs.old, but trust me, it will not be another Goodman.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: FRANK MILACEK

"HEAT PUMP"
THIS UNIT WHEN IT PUMPS THE PUMPING SOUND DRIVES YOU NUTS, IT' COLDER IT GHETS THE LOUDER IT GETS IT IS SO NICE AND QIET WHEN IT IS NOT WORKING IS THERE ANY THING TO MAKE IT QIET SO YOU CAN SLEEP IT IS TERRIBLE THE SOUND THAT IT MAKES.

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: flundber
Location: raliigh nc

"Coils leaking"
Two units just 3 years old both condenser coils leaking. With the price of feron will cost about $1600-1700 to replace. Looking at getting two new units. The new units will not be Goodman

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Consumer
Location: North Carolina

"Leaks....."
I purchased a 2 1/2 ton package heatpump. I chose this particular model due to the fact I needed additional cfm v/s btu. Discovered a leaking evap. coil 14 months after install. I do not blame the installer. I called Goodman and explained to them what the problem was. they pretty much told me go jump. I explained that I was a building inspector and have seen 3 of this particular design pulled out in the last month due to LEAKING COILS. Do your homework before you buy.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: mccusker
Location: Marydel, DE

"So-So"
Works very well, but for a super high efficent system, Im not so impressed. It still beets the cost of others

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: sheryl arthur
Location: moore sc 29369

"Stinking air"
Have had this unit for 2 years and it smells horrible. I've read the coils are not coated, hence the cause of Dirty Sock Syndrome. We have spray to use on them but if this does not take care of the problem, I'm going directly to the supplier myself(not sending husband)and we will get results. Tired of my house smelling like puke.Never will I get this product again.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: f lundberg
Location: raleigh north carolina

"Goodman Poor Results"
Indoor coil leaking freon after 3 years. Cost 230 to locate leak not known how much labor will be to install new coil. Repair guy stated that has seen a large number of these types of failures. If upstairs unit fails will go to newer window units and electric heat. This may cost more in electric usage but with the high cost of repair will be lower cost in the long run.

Date created: 2010-10-25 Name: stephen l hegel
Location: phelps ny 14532

"Service manager"
Most complaints come from bargain shoppers that have the local one man band install high tech equipment. when searching for a reputable HVAC company check out the NATE web site and see if your company has any techs or installers with NATE credentials.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: T McQuinn
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

"Goodman 3.5 Ton Heat Pump"
Have now had our Goodman Heat-pump for 3 years now and have had good heating/cooling. I live in New Brunswick, Canada and was unsure of the ability of this unit to continue to generate heat during some of our cold winter weather... especially in January and February. We supplement as the temperature drops below -8 Celsius with a pellet stove, but for the overall heating season, the system works well to keep our 2100 sq ft home warm. We did have some minor repairs to complete that were done by a local H-VAC company, but overall, good heat and excellent cooling.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>