Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-22 Name: Dave E
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

"This system amazes me..all the way to the bank"
This is the 1 year anniversary of our system. I can't figure out the negative comments in here. It has to be the professional installation. I have just finished reviewing my costs over the past 12 months compared to the previous 12 months. My heating/cooling costs have fallen dramatically. Actually the technician who installed it said that the unit would pay for itself within 10 years. That was the only thing he was wrong about. It is 60% paid now with the savings in just one (1) year. I'm nearing senior status and retiring and have some comfort both warmth wise and financially having installed this unit. Actually I'm in the process of building a cottage and this is a no brainer. Another unit going in there also! And that will be Goodman also! Just simply a great product.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: Paul Coleman
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

"Goodman Heatpump Reversing valve failure first cold weather"
I installed a goodman heatpump in 1995 and have had no issues except a capacitor. I built a new house and decided to stay with Goodman. While checking out the system the first day, the reversing valve stuck in center position when changing from heat to A/C. I poured hot water on the valve and it switched to A/C. Unit worked fine until temp dropped in 30's and during defrost reversing valve stuck again. Internet sale. Not happy.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: Laura
Location: South Daytona

"Laura A."
I am somewhat dissatisfied. I have had the unit 11.6yrs. It ran hard in the summer and rarely in the winter. I have had 5 service calls the last three in the last 6months. I have spent several hundred dollars. The compressor, the coils the fan the freon what ever they think to charge me for. So I decided to replace unit. Not with a goodman.

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: Darla Dishman
Location: Pall Mall, Tn

"Model #GPH1536M41"
The unit was installed on 9-25-09 and had a bad reversing valve. It vibrated terribly until Jan. 15 of 2010 when the valve was replaced. Goodman sent me a check for @460.00 to cover the additional electric bills but refused to replace the unit - I did pay for a new unit, not one that had vibrated for 3 months. I had to have the unit repaired again last spring when I turned the A/c on because it had vibrated away from the house. Today is 11/14/2010 and the repairman ordered my new motor today! Evidently this was another defective part that was on this unit. The warranty does cover parts but not labor and aggravation.

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: Scott Fussnecker
Location: Fort White, Fl

"Pure Junk."
Bought the unit as part of my Mobile Home package. After a few months I was noticing that it was not cooling properly, I called the company that installed it and they said that it was low on freon. They filled it and said it was not uncommon to have to top off a few months after install due to settling. At the 16 month mark it was determined that the evap coil was leaking and needed to be replaced. I called Amana/Goodman and complained that I had to spend over $500 out of pocket on a unit that started leaking freon in 2 months so they gave me a partial payment as a good will gesture. They had me sign a paper stating I would not file another claim against the unit. Fast forward 16 months and low and behold the evap coil is leaking again and of course Goodman will not cover the part. I am going to replace the entire unit with a Ruud system and cross my fingers. I will never buy another Amana or Goodman product as long as I live and I will tell everyone I know not to as well.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: pat neely
Location: tenn

"Heat pump"
From the time i purchased a goodman heat pump, I have had nothing but trouble with it.It has always had a leak,it would be repaired, and the next thing I know,it happens all over again.I have to purchased another one.It is not 6 yrs.old, but trust me, it will not be another Goodman.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: FRANK MILACEK

"HEAT PUMP"
THIS UNIT WHEN IT PUMPS THE PUMPING SOUND DRIVES YOU NUTS, IT' COLDER IT GHETS THE LOUDER IT GETS IT IS SO NICE AND QIET WHEN IT IS NOT WORKING IS THERE ANY THING TO MAKE IT QIET SO YOU CAN SLEEP IT IS TERRIBLE THE SOUND THAT IT MAKES.

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: flundber
Location: raliigh nc

"Coils leaking"
Two units just 3 years old both condenser coils leaking. With the price of feron will cost about $1600-1700 to replace. Looking at getting two new units. The new units will not be Goodman

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Consumer
Location: North Carolina

"Leaks....."
I purchased a 2 1/2 ton package heatpump. I chose this particular model due to the fact I needed additional cfm v/s btu. Discovered a leaking evap. coil 14 months after install. I do not blame the installer. I called Goodman and explained to them what the problem was. they pretty much told me go jump. I explained that I was a building inspector and have seen 3 of this particular design pulled out in the last month due to LEAKING COILS. Do your homework before you buy.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: mccusker
Location: Marydel, DE

"So-So"
Works very well, but for a super high efficent system, Im not so impressed. It still beets the cost of others

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>