Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-05-02 Name: ken
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Heat pump"
Nothing but problems since purchased!

Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Franklinton LA

"works great very energy efficent"
I bought this to supplement heat in our vacation home in Arkansas. Thought it was a thoughtful alternative to adding an entire duct system for central heat. Great decision! Saved lots of money! Works great! I'm thinking about purchasing one for our home in Louisiana.

Date created: 2016-03-23 Location: Grand Junction, CO

"Very happy with our Goodman heat pump"
Living in a very warm environment having a heat pump is so nice. It definitely keeps our home more comfortable and livable. We purchased one earlier this year when we moved into our new house and it has made a world of difference. They are simple to use, have reasonable electricity costs, and do their job well. Some other components are required to be installed but that is hardly a deal breaker. We have not had to do any work to it yet, hopefully this remains the case. I would definitely recommend Goodman to anyone in the market for one of these, we have been very pleased.

Date created: 2016-03-14 Name: Victor
Location: Marietta, GA

"Builder grade"
There's a reason builders use Goodman heat pumps in new mid-priced homes and use local no name contractors to install them. They're cheap and they're cheap. The last 2 homes I purchased have Goodman equipment and while the warranty covers parts after a year the installers quoted outrageous labor charges for repairs. The last one was for a system only 14 months old. Before you buy another home, go in the attic or crawl space and get the manufacturer's and installer's names and check the reviews.

Date created: 2016-03-05 Name: norton

"P.O.S."
Do not buy a Goodman heat pump A/C, it's useless you get a 10-year warranty. Mine has been in for 9 years and has not run a full year without major repairs. Most every major part has been replaced and now when the auxiliary kicks in the breaker kicks. Luckily it was installed by a good dealer and they fix it as needed. Still I get the larger power bills because of this P.O.S.

Date created: 2016-03-04 Name: gary riddle
Location: Greenville, TN

"The worst heat pump company"
The heat pump is junk. Had it 3 months and it quit. That was 2010 and it has been nothing but trouble ever since. Now the compressor has quit, and Goodman does not care. Their answer is don't call me, we don't care. Never, never, never buy a Goodman heat pump. Going to sue the contractors and Goodman.

Date created: 2016-02-15 Name: Bruce maw
Location: South Carolina

This unit is junk, two years old and it needs $800.00 worth of work done. Called Goodman and they basically said tough, it's yours. Had three service techs out to check it and every one of them said it's junk. It's sad that people don't care if they sell junk .

Date created: 2016-01-27 Name: B. McWhinney
Location: Halifax , NS, Canada

"Goodman = Lemon"
What a piece of junk. Our Goodman heat pump / AC is only 2 1/2 years old and it broke down. The unit was builder-installed with our new retirement home. We also followed all suggested maintenance schedules using registered HVAC techs. The service tech just left after two hours of trouble shooting. The bottom line is a fried control board, chaffed wires and a faulty pressure switch. The pressure switch is a welded component which requires a second service call and a tear down of the unit to complete the repair. I do not know the final cost yet, but regardless, there should not be any repairs required this early in the life of the unit. After being advised of the repairs needed, I went online and found this site. I wish I had done more research earlier. I also checked the Better Business Bureau and found "hundreds" of complaints. Stay away from Goodman.

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: Susan Parker
Location: Clanton, AL

"Really?"
Bought this unit three years ago. Nothing but headaches. Works fine until you really need heat. As long as it is only 30 degrees out, it will heat. Once the temperature drops below 30 degrees and the heat strip should engage, there's nothing but cold air. Service people come out every year and replace the "board". Every year it happens again. I not only recommend you don't buy one, if you own one get rid of it asap!

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: K. Polson
Location: Plant City, FL

"Proper installation is the key?"
I had my heat pump and attic air handler installed in June 2009 by professional installers. As I write this a new, different system is being installed today. Since I had the Goodman system installed I've had the outdoor fan replaced due to a bad bearing from a fan that is obviously not balanced. You can see the whole outside unit shake when it runs. The capacitor and component board had to be replaced, and the upstairs air handler coil has leaked twice. I disagree with a reviewer that says "proper installation is the key". Proper installation doesn't mean anything when the components are poor quality from the manufacturer. The Goodman heat pump was serviced twice a year since it was installed. Find out the actual manufacturer of any heating and cooling system being installed in your home and stay away from Goodman!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>