Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-01-27 Name: B. McWhinney
Location: Halifax , NS, Canada

"Goodman = Lemon"
What a piece of junk. Our Goodman heat pump / AC is only 2 1/2 years old and it broke down. The unit was builder-installed with our new retirement home. We also followed all suggested maintenance schedules using registered HVAC techs. The service tech just left after two hours of trouble shooting. The bottom line is a fried control board, chaffed wires and a faulty pressure switch. The pressure switch is a welded component which requires a second service call and a tear down of the unit to complete the repair. I do not know the final cost yet, but regardless, there should not be any repairs required this early in the life of the unit. After being advised of the repairs needed, I went online and found this site. I wish I had done more research earlier. I also checked the Better Business Bureau and found "hundreds" of complaints. Stay away from Goodman.

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: Susan Parker
Location: Clanton, AL

"Really?"
Bought this unit three years ago. Nothing but headaches. Works fine until you really need heat. As long as it is only 30 degrees out, it will heat. Once the temperature drops below 30 degrees and the heat strip should engage, there's nothing but cold air. Service people come out every year and replace the "board". Every year it happens again. I not only recommend you don't buy one, if you own one get rid of it asap!

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: K. Polson
Location: Plant City, FL

"Proper installation is the key?"
I had my heat pump and attic air handler installed in June 2009 by professional installers. As I write this a new, different system is being installed today. Since I had the Goodman system installed I've had the outdoor fan replaced due to a bad bearing from a fan that is obviously not balanced. You can see the whole outside unit shake when it runs. The capacitor and component board had to be replaced, and the upstairs air handler coil has leaked twice. I disagree with a reviewer that says "proper installation is the key". Proper installation doesn't mean anything when the components are poor quality from the manufacturer. The Goodman heat pump was serviced twice a year since it was installed. Find out the actual manufacturer of any heating and cooling system being installed in your home and stay away from Goodman!

Date created: 2016-01-07 Location: Greensboro, NC.

"Heat Pump Mania!"
My heat pump works great! I bought it after a friend suggested that I buy one. I got my Goodman heat pump about 8 years ago and it still goes strong. It does a great job and keeping my heated areas warm in the winter and the cool parts of my house cool in the summer. I got this brand because when I had looked up reviews, people always said that Goodman was the best and now I know why! I have never had it repaired or replaced. I only added just recently heating and cooling central air system because I need an upgrade. I think, though, with even just having the Goodman heat pump, it did wonders for my house to keep us warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Aurora IL

"The best Heat pump I've ever owned"
Recently, I'd been having trouble with my heat pump. Sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn't work at all. So, after many repairs on my old one and hundreds of dollars later I decided to get a new one. I did my research to find the best one I could. I finally came upon the Goodman Gree, it had wonderful reviews, and I couldn't find anything negative about it. I've owned the heat pump for six months now and it works like a dream. No problems whatsoever with it. I love how it works 24/7, it never shuts off or just stops working at all. I haven't found anything I dislike about this product yet. Though, I will say it was a bit pricey, but i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I would buy this brand again, and would recommend this product to a friend. No problems with it whatsoever.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Very good heat pump, would recommend"
I bought this product 9 months ago. So far it has been great. I am very happy with it. First off, it comes with a great 5 year compressor and parts warranty. It also has revolutionary heat exchangers which make it work better. It is very quiet compared to other units I have had. It is also much more efficient than other models and so far has been very reliable. I also love that it takes up much less space than other units. It can fit into spaces that other units can not. As far as units go, it looks better than most of the other models and is not an eye sore. It is a very durable and looks like it's built very steadily. Overall I am very happy with this product and would recommended it to all my friends and family. If I ever need a new one, I would go with another Goodman

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Gainesville, Florida, USA

"Goodman Heat Pump as Good as It Gets"
We have owned our heating pump for over ten years, and have never had one minutes worry with it. We have, of course, had the maintenance people come out to clean out the air lines about once a year, but you have to do that with any brand. People may not think it gets cold enough to need a good heat pump here in Florida, but they would be wrong. Sometimes in the winter, it gets down into the teens, and because most of the year it is much warmer here than many places, the houses are not as well insulated against cold as they are up north. While we have had this heat pump, it has always been just as simple as the flick of a switch, and within 10 minutes, the whole house is toasty warm. As I said earlier, we have never had to have it repaired, so in my opinion, this has been a great heat pump. I would purchase from this manufacturer again if I ever had to replace it, and I would recommend this brand to anyone who needed one.

Date created: 2015-11-19 Name: Dorrene Stanley
Location: Reidsville, NC

"Stay Away, Goodman is a scam"
Bought a unit because of the warranty and dealer recommendation. The unit is less than 2 years installed and has had several leaks of Freon throughout the copper tubing. Bottom line is that Goodman has deliberately sold defective units knowing the copper tubing and coils are springing coolant leaks due to the higher pressure that the new EPA friendly coolant runs at. We need to organize a class action lawsuit and make these scammers responsible!

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Quakertown, PA

"Reliable and energy-efficient"
We have owned our Goodman heat pump for about 3 years. It replaced a less-efficient model that was original to the home which was built in 1980. Since that time, we have only had one issue with it, which was with the air conditioning cooling line, and was covered under warranty. Our HVAC company had it repaired quickly, and we had no further issues. We have been very happy with its performance, and I would recommend a Goodman heat pump to my friends and family. Our house warms up fast in the winter, cools off quickly in the summer, and our electric bill has gone down since its installation.

Date created: 2015-10-09 Name: Derrick & Rolanda Carlisle
Location: Alabama

"This unit has been a nightmare."
This unit has been a nightmare.We bought this unit in 2008 and the very next year had to add Freon, then again before that summer was over. And every year after had them looking for leaks by cutting the wall. Nothing. This year we added Freon, it lasted 14 days. Mind you, this was the third time. The last time the repairman was here he said, I think this unit has a recall.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>