Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: edward l shouse jr
Location: 1168 lone oak road ,grovetown,ga

"15 seer heatpump"
We have had nothing but problems with this unitan we are very dissafied with this unit always breaking down i would not reccommend buy any type unit from goodman untill they get there issues resolved!

Date created: 2010-12-28 Name: b abrams
Location: Beaufort, SC

"Help"
Our unit just went out 5yrs and 3 days and of course it is not covered with a warrenty anymore. We have had several problems with it over the last 5 years and had to replace the condenser over the summer and now it is shot. What a sad company

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: B. Morrow
Location: Sharpsville, IN

"Heat Pump dead and needs replaced."
We have had a horrible experience with the Goodman Heat pump. We built our house 4 years ago and installed a 3 ton heat pump with electric backup. After 1 year and 1 month the compressor went out (just after the 1 year warranty). Now 3 years later the reversing valve has a hole in it and we have lost all the Freon in the system. Since the system ran empty the compressor is locked up again and needs replaced. we have also had to replace the defrost circuit board. I am not sure if the problem is with Goodman so much as heat pumps in general. Seems to me all the suppliers have the same problems.

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: Smith
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Mechanical Contractor"
I am a mechanical contractor. I now refuse to install Goodman equipment. This decision seems to have cost me a lot of business from the customers chasing the lowest price. The good news is that I'm losing a lot less money on warranty repairs and I have happier customers. The Goodman systems that I have installed have had a high failure rate with evaporator coil and reversing valve leaks. The reversing valves were defective and they have an upgraded valve but this doesn't help me or the customer pay for a $500 - $700 "warranty" repair. The leaking evaporator solution is an all aluminum coil. I hope this solves their problem. The customer or my company are still paying for a $400 to $700 "warranty" repair. Goodman sells their equipment to anyone and everyone. You don't have to be licensed or factory trained. This enables many unlicensed mechanics to sell this brand because they simply can't purchase a name brand that requires a license, dealership and factory training. This makes Goodman one of the least expensive system to install. Installers that can only purchase Goodman equipment tell you that it is "just as good as all the other brands" and has a great warranty. You will also be told that all brands use the same parts. This is somewhat true. Goodman does use the same compressors and some electrical parts as some other brands. The coils, fan blades and cabinets are built very poor. The Goodman systems have some the worst airflow ratings at .5"WC duct static pressure. Basically this means that if your ductwork isn't great then the system won't deliver the required airflow. Also Goodman systems lack the devices that protect the compressor. These parts include a compressor sump heater, compressor start assist, thermal expansion valves, demand defrost boards, discharge temperature sensors and blowers rated for high duct static pressure. I've heard from many Goodman installers that these are "just more things to break". The Goodman warranty provides parts only. Not included is the service call, labor, refrigerant, warranty part pickup, the use of nitrogen and torch gases and any other things. A cheap system under warranty that breaks frequently becomes very expensive. The Goodman extended warranty is very inexpensive to purchase. The extended warranty claims that I have filed paid me about half of what other warranties pay me. I don't perform Goodman extended warranty work anymore unless I sold it. I get a lot of business from customers who tell me that the installer wont service the equipment. These installers make their money on fast installations but don't want the aggravation of keeping the system running for 10 years. After multiple repairs on inferior equipment that is poorly installed sometimes I become the bad guy. I recommend choosing a licensed contractor that you trust and installing a durable brand even if you can only afford a lower SEER system. Buying an extended warranty is almost always worth the money especially on a high SEER system. Extened warranties protect the installer and the customer. I am not trying to start an arguement with anyone. This is just my opinion. I won't respond to anyone who agrees or disagrees.

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: edward l shouse jr
Location: grovetown georgia

"Gph1548m41aa"
Had nothing but problems with thi heat pup made by goodman manufacturing,first the unit frezes uo on pipe inside unit ,had to de replaced, next the defrosting chip inside in unit went bad, next the unit lost 2 pounds of410 freon tryed talking to them but no responce guess im going to have to sue the company for placeing pad products to their distributers not a happy camper all people i would advise to say away from that company!

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: james vallely
Location: OWENS CROSS RD AL.

"PACKAGED UNIT GPH1543M41A"
If you purchase agoodman on line and it starts to leak in the evaporator coil you cant find anyone to tell you what the part no is or were to buy one. Great to protect dealers but give old people on limited income some small assistance or count on them buying from someone elsepurchased aGPH1542M41 WHICH LEAKED 2 LBS IN 5 MOS.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: anon

"Goodman is horrible"
We had a house built, and had to replace the Goodman unit at 5 years and 1 week (warranty only covered to 5 years). The compressor was broken. We thought it was a bad unit and replaced with another Goodman. Now, shock of all shocks, 5 years later that unit died. It's like they time it to die right after the 5 year warranty is up.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: mshouse
Location: grovetonw ga

"Very bad"
Our system breaks down as soon as cold weather moves in

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: M. Pemberton
Location: King, NC

"Goodman Heat Pump"
My husband and I are right up there with the rest of you! Nothing but problems, higher electric bills even after installing new windows and extra insulation. And the noise is horrible. We've had to have the compressor replaced twice and now the reverse valve has gone bad and we've been waiting over a week to get it fixed all the while having to run it on emergency heat. This unit sucks and I would NOT recommend it to anybody!!!

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Ms. Leach
Location: Raleigh NC

"Heat pump"
I purchased my new home in 2007. The heat pump is a Goodman. It is a piece of junk. Does not keep my rooms warm. I have had the builder out nad also hired a heating and a/c company. The results Goodman should heat tiny doll houses.

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>