Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: robert barnes
Location: missouir

"Goodman unit is great"
I recently put in a goodman 3 ton 16seer heat pump and new a/coil. i purchased it off ebay and i did all the grunt work. when i had evrything in place i called an installer. he did all the soldering and startup everything went perfectly. in cold wx of dec. our el. bill went up 60.00 we were using propane before. this unit runs so quit we dont know when its on except when it goes to defrost and i guess they are all noisy then. i would gladly purchase again very good unit.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: D .Hucks
Location: South carolina

"HORRIBlE"
Goodmans are nothing but problems no matter how good of a deal you think you are getting they do not last and you WILL have to replace it. I think the company needs to stop making them. You should take your money and flush it down the toliet if you are willing to buy a goodman

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: ebbennett
Location: Rock Hill, SC

"Home owner"
I just wrote a review on my goodman heat pump on 1/6/11. In addition to what I wrote a few days ago I would like to add that the outside unit is completely dead today 1/11/11. In the last six months it has cost me $1,533.00 in repair cost and the unit is still under warranty. There will likely be additional costs when they come out to fix this AGAIN tomorrow. I can't imagine it getting much worse.

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: P. Gale
Location: tulsa, OK

"Non-stop problems"
I've had a Goodman heat pump for a year and it had so many defects that it had to be replaced in the first three months. The service reps were inept, inconsistent, broke many promises and made many excuses for their shortcomings. I've never had so many problems with a company. Goodman did redeem themselves when they replaced the unit and admitted that the problem was a defective part. Now, however, the unit is still noisy, blows cold air rather than warm and shifts to a very expensive emergency back-up heat when the temperature drops below freezing. Larry, my contractor in Tulsa, uses this unit in all of his houses and also consistently employs a very unprofessional team to install them. Avoid Goodman heat pumps. They are an extreme disappointment, which is only compounded by the service team that is used to supposedly install them correctly.

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: tina mcleod

"Goodman Packaged Unit"
Packaged unit purchased/installed in summer of 2008. The installer had to come out a few weeks after installation to repair something (can't remember now), however,I had to pay him. Shortly after that, he had to make another visit out, part was under warranty and I had to pay him. Third time, A/C stopped working, he came out again, the part was under warranty, but I had to pay him. Last month, heat stopped working, he came out, charged me again and said the part was not under warranty. Now, two weeks after he came in December, it is 2011, and I have no heat. He came out, said it was not getting enough electricity from breaker outside, My light company came out, not their problem. My heating guy called an electrician,and he came and replaced the breaker outside which he stated had blown and due to the breaker not being good, that is why a transformer blew in the heating unit (charged $160.00). So, heater man came back out said the breaker caused the compressor to go bad. Now, I am upset because I do not believe that a heating unit should have this many problems with it being two years old? Did the breaker cause the compressor to go bad or did the compressor go bad and cause the breaker to stop?

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Russo
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"What's resonable & Fair"
Interesting to read several SC reviews from both a contractors and consumers perspective. Wish I would have known Smith a few years ago. I had a Carrier system for 23 years and it cost me less than this Goodman 3.5 ton SEER 13 system in the last three years. Christmas day it nearly quit heating. Contractor came out and added several lbs of freon. Next week, leak test revealed bad evaporator coil. But going back thru service slips, this problem has been persistent from day one. Out of the box, this unit has leaked freon. I've been clear I'm not happy and asked that Goodman know this part did not go bad on Christmas day but bad out of the box and some accommodation should be made to dealer and consumer. I understand this is industry standard. I like Smith's recommendation to invest in higher SEER and invest in the extended warranty. Sounds like this unit will be replaced in the near future and will consider this advice but the replacement will not be a Goodman. As referenced, I've paid for the service calls, freon and now will have to pay for labor and 10 lbs of freon to replace the coil. This sucks. And contractor has no recourse with Goodman who apparently is inflexible in these situations.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: J Oliver
Location: Sandston, Va

"Unsatisfied"
I had two Goodman units installed 18 months ago. One of them has worked like a champ, the other one was never right and probably cost me an extra $600-800 in heating bills. My HVAC company finally replaced the unit when I started having the same problems this winter, but the replacement unit is louder than an old diesel engine. I would not recommend buying these units

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: C. B.
Location: Lubbock, TX

"Goodman Equipment"
I am an HVAC contractor in Texas. I have installed a Goodman system in my own home and a few others including my mother's home (all 16 SEER). My mother's electric bills have decreased by 40 to 50% in the summer and the heat pump runs very efficiently in the winter. My house has a 95% var. speed gas furnace heating my 2200 sq. ft. with the higest has bill yet of $115, no joke. Each of the systems that I've installed have been very quiet and efficient. Some say that Goodman is cheap. ? huh, there are several brands that cost less. In my opinion...Equipment failure is 90% installer related and 10% of the time you may have a bad eqq. They are man made you know. Many people think that HVAC is plain and simple; get a big one, connect it, and turn it on. People (including licensed contractors) do it all the time. They often know NOTHING about controls, heat transfer or airflow. All factory condensers come pre-charged and 99% of installers assume the charge is correct for the equipment. wrong. Each system must be run tested and verified technically during operation. Yea, I'm VERY happy with my Goodman system - Probably because I know it is installed correctly and the energy savings are significant.

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: ebbennett
Location: Rock Hill, SC

"Bad news"
My heat pump is three years old and has needed the coil, compressor and two small electrical components replaced. Unfortunatly the repair bills have not been small. I just had the third freon leak fixed and now the fan motor is noisey. The defrost setting was wrong from the factory too. This is the worst piece of heating / cooling equipment I've ever owned.

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: edward l shouse jr
Location: 1168 lone oak road ,grovetown,ga

"15 seer heatpump"
We have had nothing but problems with this unitan we are very dissafied with this unit always breaking down i would not reccommend buy any type unit from goodman untill they get there issues resolved!

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>