Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2011-03-24 Location: Northeast Oklahoma

"Our First Winter With a Heat Pump"
We bought our house in the summer of 2010. We have always had gas furnaces, but we moved from the suburbs into a very rural area, where there are no natural gas lines. Our house is 10 years old, and we're reasonably sure the heat pump is original. We have zoned heat and air – one unit upstairs, and one downstairs. The downstairs unit is the larger of the two, and we'd consider it the primary unit for the house. We had our house inspected before the purchase, and were fairly sure the heat pumps were in good working order. The upstairs unit needed refrigerant, but that was done before we moved in. When the weather started to turn colder, we noticed that our downstairs unit seemed to be running more than we expected. We called a repair company during the first few days of December, and the technician found that we had a leak in the unit's evaporator coils. That's when the fun began. Apparently, because of changes in federal regulations (I assume it's the EPA), we had to replace the evaporator coil with something different. The technician called to order the new coil and was told that the manufacturer didn't have the part in stock. We waited. It took a full month before the part finally came in. Fortunately, we had the separate unit for upstairs – which is where our kids sleep – as well as emergency heat, and a propane fireplace that helped take the chill off. Of course, as anyone who's ever had to use emergency heat in the dead of winter can tell you, it costs a fortune. Our electric bill was sky high. Our HVAC technician assured me that it would have been MORE expensive to run an inefficient heat pump than to use the emergency heat. Maybe that's true, but it wasn't much consolation when I was writing the check for the electric bill. Since the unit was fixed, it has run well. We had a brutal winter, with low temperatures like we've never seen in the 15+ years that we have lived here, so our electric bills were very high. Of course, with a single-stage heat pump, our thermostat spent quite a bit of time turned to emergency heat. If – or when – we replace this one, we will probably consider a geothermal heat pump, or at least a two-stage unit that doesn't require us to constantly be switching between normal and emergency heat when the weather is cold.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: M. ONeill
Location: North Carolina

"Terrible Goodman UNits"
We purchased a new house with 3 new Goodman heat pumps already installed. One unit is upstairs, one on the main floor and one is in the basement. Over the past 6 years all three units have failed. All three evaporator coils went out and were very expensive to fix. .Every year at least one unit fails. Now, another problem. The main level air is out and the service tech said that it was the condenser coil. The coil is under warranty, but it will still cost 730.00 to fix. Apparently Goodman will supply the part, but will not pay to ship it to us or pay to ship the defective one back. The rest of the cost is labor and freon. I am so upset yet again. Do we pay to fix or totally replace with another brand? We certainly will never purchase a Goodman. Our home was a spec. house and the Goodman units were already installed.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: D. Feild
Location: Richmond, VA

"Goodman 16 Seer Heat Pump"
2-1/2 ton 16seer heat pump unit installed in December 2010 by myself and my neighbor. Quiet running unit compared to my old 2ton Carrier. The old Carrier often ran endless for days never really cooled home even when it was first installed in 1995. This unit easily achieves the set point tempature with 10 - 15 minutes even on the coldest days in late Dec10 and Jan11.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: CHRISTY O.
Location: GASTONIA, NC

"WORST MISTAKE! DON'T EVER BUY A GOODMAN UNIT"
WE HAD OUR 1ST GOODMAN UNIT INSTALLED FEB 2008, AFTER 12 REPAIR VISITS, THE INSTALLER FINALLY REPLACED IT WITH A "NEW" UNIT. THIS UNIT IS THE LOUDEST HEAT PUMP I HAVE EVER HEARD. OUR NEIGHBORS HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE NOISE. THE REPLACEMENT UNIT HAS BEEN WORKED ON 16 TIMES SINCE NOV 2008 AND IS CURRENLTY BROKEN AGAIN. WE ARE USING AN ALTERNATE HEATING SOURCE TO TRY TO KEEP OUR FAMILY WARM. THE UNIT RUNS NON-STOP AND WILL NOT SHUT OFF. HAS LEAKED FREON SINCE DAY ONE. GOODMAN DOES NOT CARE, I HAVE CALLED THEM SEVERAL TIMES AND GET THE SAME STORY AS THE OTHER'S LISTED HERE, JUST CALL A REPAIR PERSON OR THE INSTALLER. WE HAVE TO TAKE DAYS AND DAYS OFF FROM WORK, NOT TO MENTION JUST THE PURE FRUSTRATION WITH ALL OF THE ISSUES. IT IS AWFUL!

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: Anna Fouts
Location: Oldsmar,FL

"Unhappy Customer"
When we bought our house, within 1 yr had to buy new unit. The company said it was a GREAT unit.. Since then nothing but problems and aggravation. Im so tired of having a repairman come into my house to fix. I truly believe Goodmann gives the companies selling their units a kickback. Oh how I wish I didn't spend 2300.00! ! Winter time, no heat for 6 weeks. March... NOW the condenser fan... what next? All the money I spent could have gotten a reliable unit. NEVER AGAIN! ! Goodmann isn't "good" for any "MAN"

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: R. Brooks
Location: Columbus, OH

"Goodman"
This is the worst system that I have every experienced. Within two years I had to replace the coil. It is noise and and the filter is hard to install and doesn't filter very much and I constantly have dust in the house. My bills are actually higher then the twenty year old furnace that I replaced.

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: gsab

"Crap"
2 years old and we have a complete failure of the reversing valve. The HVAC contractor said it is a good system. Compared to what?! Now they make their money from the ridiculous amount of labor needed for repair. Sure the parts are under warranty, but the LABOR is where they are making their money. Don't I feel gullible now...

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: Tim Carson
Location: Lake Waccamaw NC

"Can't sleep"
Unit was installed 2 months ago. Repair tech has been out here 4 times. It runs ok and is nice and quiet when the temp is above 35f but roars like a lion when it is below 35. I feel I cant be the only one having this problem. Called the tech today to give one more chance. If it is not fixed I want my money back.

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Sandy T
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

"Update on my Goodman system"
Ok this is my newest update on my Goodman 4 ton 16 seer unit. I have had it with this brand!!! If I ever have to put another dime in it, I swear I will buy a whole new unit!! I had this unit installed this coming summer will make 2 years ago and to start off with was a nightmare. But the installer kept coming back until he got it right. Now I just ordered some filters instead of taking out this blue thing I bought to just clean out. Well my installer told me to get 23 X 21 filters, well guess what they don't fit. I can't get them in there, not to mention there is NO EASY ACCESS to the filter replacement area. I tell you I have had it, it is very noisy but in all honesty I do believe it has something to do with who installed it. I have called him several times and he has gone out of business! Imagine that, Reeves Heating and Air Condiontioning. I have called and called and no one ever answers. He was good when he first installed it but now nothing! He told me he would service it, fix it when it breaks down and now I can't even get a hold of him! I guess I would be fed up with this unit no matter who made it, as I am almost positive it was the installer!!! Larry Reeves heating and air in Jacksonville, Florida was who installed it. He was cheap and now I know why!!!! Buyers beware!!! He has a son but I can't for the life of me remember what his name was but he has a tattoo of a snake on his back with a tounge ring in it for the snake eyes. The eyes are red!!! Beware of these guys or if you find out how to get a hold of Larry please let me KNOW!!!

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Patrice
Location: Pennsylvania

"DONT BUY GOODMAN!"
We bought a 16 seer last year. 6 service calls, two thermostats later it still gets stuck in on. our 14 year York cost less to run than this monster. LOUD cant sleep sounds like a jet taking off. run run run, it never shuts off at nights under 30 degrees. $$$$ we spent less with emergency heat of or your. to the tune of 1500 more in 3 months. Service.. even with the extra warranty, which at this point was the only bargain, ($100) you cant get anyone to call you and talk to you from Goodman, who acts like they care, for days. DONT GET SUCKED IN!!! it cost us 6000 for this heatpump. so we have to live with it. its less than one year old.

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>