Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Logan, WV

"Somewhat satsified with Goodman"
I had a Goodman 15 SEER system installed last summer after the compressor went out in my old Trane Unit; so far so good, this unit cools all parts of the house sufficiently, all of the temperature problems I have had before are gone now, and the unit seems to not have any trouble keeping up with cooling or heating some rooms as opposed to others, so all rooms hold a steady temperature now, and the unit auto shuts off after the temperature reaches what that thermostat is set to after 10 minutes, and this helps us save money. Since I have had the unit installed I have cut my electric bill by 15%. The only complaint that i could possibly have about the unit is that it is rather noisy outside, and when it goes into the defrost setting it gets really loud, all in all I would have to recommend this unit because of the savings and so far the dependability.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: Bob Pisula
Location: berea,ky.

"Furnace and heat pump"
I bought my new home on 12/3/10, and in March of 2011 I came home one evening and found my home at 80 degrees when the the temp. was set at 70. The furnace would not shut off, and I called the builder who came and shut the power off. If it would have kept running it could have possibly burned my house down. No one knows what happened, or if it would ever have shut off. This is a fire hazard if there ever was one. I'm afraid to leave my house on vacation because I don't know what will happen.

Date created: 2011-04-24 Name: Mike
Location: North Charleston ,Sc

"Up in the air ...."
Ok so bought a new goodman a/c unit everything worked fine cooled house down real quick turns out the control board is bad.The fan would not shut off. Getting a new one shipped to my house now cause it's under warrenty. I was pleasently surprised to see goodman is using copper lines inside the air handler !!! but none the less bought new for 2400 and i'm still with out a/c. Had sears at my house they wanted 7-12 grand to do the same system. Had a goodman at my old trailer it's 20 years old and still works really well. Sticking with goodman ! there are alot of people complaining about goodman . They did at one time make a base model that contractors where using when they where building big developments these systems where not that good. but over all they are making a come back and very happy with the system!

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: R. Freeland
Location: Chesterfield, VA

"Excellent Service"
I have a 3400sqft home with 2 Goodman 2.5 ton units which were installed when the house was built in 1999. The past 2-3 summer seasons I have had to have some freon added to my twins, but other than that they have been maintenance free for the most part. Today, I found out that twin one has lost it's compressor. I figure 12 years on today's equipment is not too bad. Seriously thinking about putting in another Goodman to replace the one that died. Again, I agree that some of the ill fate that people have had with these units is in the quality of the installation job.

Date created: 2011-04-15 Name: fhoweshell
Location: Fort Valley, GA

"Repeated evaporator coil failures"
Had two units is 11 years. Replaced evaporator 3 times in first one. On fourth failure bought a new unit, Dealer was confident the new Goodman was better than my old one, so I let him put in a new one. Replaced evaporator after 2 years now 2 years later it's leaking again.

Date created: 2011-04-08 Name: C. Peacon
Location: Aiken SC

"Stay away from Goodman AC products"
I have had nothing but problems from my Goodman Heatpump AC. Multiple repeat problems

Date created: 2011-04-07 Name: Brian
Location: Ga

"Blame the contractor not the Brand"
Most of the poor reviews listed here have to do directly with poor install practices and poorly designed duct work. Consumers should use a well respected dealer that they trust and not just the cheapest guy out there who may or may not even be licensed. I have sold several major brands over the last 20 years and have seen these exact same issues with them all. Dirty sock and most of these other problems are directly related to the installation not the unit. Also, Goodman has redesigned there evap coils to cure the leak issues unlike several other name brands.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: San Antonio

"Heat Pump Review"
My Goodman heat pump is an average heat pump at best. This isn't surprising, considering one of the primary reasons we purchased it was because of our financial woes. The positive part about this pump is that it's pretty affective year round and it isn't overly expensive. Honestly I would suggest just spending a substantial amount of money on a quality pump. This one overheats and I've had to spend money replacing parts. I would give it a 6.5/10 as a review.

Date created: 2011-03-26 Name: J. O'Neal
Location: Durham, NC

"Worthless"
The 1st year it worked great after that it went to hell in a handbasket!!! Constantly calling for someone to come and check and work on it for a variety of problems, loosing freon, compres. burnt up. Replaced it and the coil. My electric bill for a well insulated less that 1500 sq. house over 450 a month in winter!!!! Costing me at everyturn!!!!. Goodman will replace parts for 10 years, but does not cover paying the service fee from the repairman!!!! Never again!!!! Do not purchase Goodman!!!! When you call them they will refuse to speak to you!!!! I say we all get together and fils a lawsuit!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-03-24 Location: Northeast Oklahoma

"Our First Winter With a Heat Pump"
We bought our house in the summer of 2010. We have always had gas furnaces, but we moved from the suburbs into a very rural area, where there are no natural gas lines. Our house is 10 years old, and we're reasonably sure the heat pump is original. We have zoned heat and air – one unit upstairs, and one downstairs. The downstairs unit is the larger of the two, and we'd consider it the primary unit for the house. We had our house inspected before the purchase, and were fairly sure the heat pumps were in good working order. The upstairs unit needed refrigerant, but that was done before we moved in. When the weather started to turn colder, we noticed that our downstairs unit seemed to be running more than we expected. We called a repair company during the first few days of December, and the technician found that we had a leak in the unit's evaporator coils. That's when the fun began. Apparently, because of changes in federal regulations (I assume it's the EPA), we had to replace the evaporator coil with something different. The technician called to order the new coil and was told that the manufacturer didn't have the part in stock. We waited. It took a full month before the part finally came in. Fortunately, we had the separate unit for upstairs – which is where our kids sleep – as well as emergency heat, and a propane fireplace that helped take the chill off. Of course, as anyone who's ever had to use emergency heat in the dead of winter can tell you, it costs a fortune. Our electric bill was sky high. Our HVAC technician assured me that it would have been MORE expensive to run an inefficient heat pump than to use the emergency heat. Maybe that's true, but it wasn't much consolation when I was writing the check for the electric bill. Since the unit was fixed, it has run well. We had a brutal winter, with low temperatures like we've never seen in the 15+ years that we have lived here, so our electric bills were very high. Of course, with a single-stage heat pump, our thermostat spent quite a bit of time turned to emergency heat. If – or when – we replace this one, we will probably consider a geothermal heat pump, or at least a two-stage unit that doesn't require us to constantly be switching between normal and emergency heat when the weather is cold.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>