Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-04-24 Name: Mike
Location: North Charleston ,Sc

"Up in the air ...."
Ok so bought a new goodman a/c unit everything worked fine cooled house down real quick turns out the control board is bad.The fan would not shut off. Getting a new one shipped to my house now cause it's under warrenty. I was pleasently surprised to see goodman is using copper lines inside the air handler !!! but none the less bought new for 2400 and i'm still with out a/c. Had sears at my house they wanted 7-12 grand to do the same system. Had a goodman at my old trailer it's 20 years old and still works really well. Sticking with goodman ! there are alot of people complaining about goodman . They did at one time make a base model that contractors where using when they where building big developments these systems where not that good. but over all they are making a come back and very happy with the system!

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: R. Freeland
Location: Chesterfield, VA

"Excellent Service"
I have a 3400sqft home with 2 Goodman 2.5 ton units which were installed when the house was built in 1999. The past 2-3 summer seasons I have had to have some freon added to my twins, but other than that they have been maintenance free for the most part. Today, I found out that twin one has lost it's compressor. I figure 12 years on today's equipment is not too bad. Seriously thinking about putting in another Goodman to replace the one that died. Again, I agree that some of the ill fate that people have had with these units is in the quality of the installation job.

Date created: 2011-04-15 Name: fhoweshell
Location: Fort Valley, GA

"Repeated evaporator coil failures"
Had two units is 11 years. Replaced evaporator 3 times in first one. On fourth failure bought a new unit, Dealer was confident the new Goodman was better than my old one, so I let him put in a new one. Replaced evaporator after 2 years now 2 years later it's leaking again.

Date created: 2011-04-08 Name: C. Peacon
Location: Aiken SC

"Stay away from Goodman AC products"
I have had nothing but problems from my Goodman Heatpump AC. Multiple repeat problems

Date created: 2011-04-07 Name: Brian
Location: Ga

"Blame the contractor not the Brand"
Most of the poor reviews listed here have to do directly with poor install practices and poorly designed duct work. Consumers should use a well respected dealer that they trust and not just the cheapest guy out there who may or may not even be licensed. I have sold several major brands over the last 20 years and have seen these exact same issues with them all. Dirty sock and most of these other problems are directly related to the installation not the unit. Also, Goodman has redesigned there evap coils to cure the leak issues unlike several other name brands.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: San Antonio

"Heat Pump Review"
My Goodman heat pump is an average heat pump at best. This isn't surprising, considering one of the primary reasons we purchased it was because of our financial woes. The positive part about this pump is that it's pretty affective year round and it isn't overly expensive. Honestly I would suggest just spending a substantial amount of money on a quality pump. This one overheats and I've had to spend money replacing parts. I would give it a 6.5/10 as a review.

Date created: 2011-03-26 Name: J. O'Neal
Location: Durham, NC

"Worthless"
The 1st year it worked great after that it went to hell in a handbasket!!! Constantly calling for someone to come and check and work on it for a variety of problems, loosing freon, compres. burnt up. Replaced it and the coil. My electric bill for a well insulated less that 1500 sq. house over 450 a month in winter!!!! Costing me at everyturn!!!!. Goodman will replace parts for 10 years, but does not cover paying the service fee from the repairman!!!! Never again!!!! Do not purchase Goodman!!!! When you call them they will refuse to speak to you!!!! I say we all get together and fils a lawsuit!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-03-24 Location: Northeast Oklahoma

"Our First Winter With a Heat Pump"
We bought our house in the summer of 2010. We have always had gas furnaces, but we moved from the suburbs into a very rural area, where there are no natural gas lines. Our house is 10 years old, and we're reasonably sure the heat pump is original. We have zoned heat and air – one unit upstairs, and one downstairs. The downstairs unit is the larger of the two, and we'd consider it the primary unit for the house. We had our house inspected before the purchase, and were fairly sure the heat pumps were in good working order. The upstairs unit needed refrigerant, but that was done before we moved in. When the weather started to turn colder, we noticed that our downstairs unit seemed to be running more than we expected. We called a repair company during the first few days of December, and the technician found that we had a leak in the unit's evaporator coils. That's when the fun began. Apparently, because of changes in federal regulations (I assume it's the EPA), we had to replace the evaporator coil with something different. The technician called to order the new coil and was told that the manufacturer didn't have the part in stock. We waited. It took a full month before the part finally came in. Fortunately, we had the separate unit for upstairs – which is where our kids sleep – as well as emergency heat, and a propane fireplace that helped take the chill off. Of course, as anyone who's ever had to use emergency heat in the dead of winter can tell you, it costs a fortune. Our electric bill was sky high. Our HVAC technician assured me that it would have been MORE expensive to run an inefficient heat pump than to use the emergency heat. Maybe that's true, but it wasn't much consolation when I was writing the check for the electric bill. Since the unit was fixed, it has run well. We had a brutal winter, with low temperatures like we've never seen in the 15+ years that we have lived here, so our electric bills were very high. Of course, with a single-stage heat pump, our thermostat spent quite a bit of time turned to emergency heat. If – or when – we replace this one, we will probably consider a geothermal heat pump, or at least a two-stage unit that doesn't require us to constantly be switching between normal and emergency heat when the weather is cold.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: M. ONeill
Location: North Carolina

"Terrible Goodman UNits"
We purchased a new house with 3 new Goodman heat pumps already installed. One unit is upstairs, one on the main floor and one is in the basement. Over the past 6 years all three units have failed. All three evaporator coils went out and were very expensive to fix. .Every year at least one unit fails. Now, another problem. The main level air is out and the service tech said that it was the condenser coil. The coil is under warranty, but it will still cost 730.00 to fix. Apparently Goodman will supply the part, but will not pay to ship it to us or pay to ship the defective one back. The rest of the cost is labor and freon. I am so upset yet again. Do we pay to fix or totally replace with another brand? We certainly will never purchase a Goodman. Our home was a spec. house and the Goodman units were already installed.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: D. Feild
Location: Richmond, VA

"Goodman 16 Seer Heat Pump"
2-1/2 ton 16seer heat pump unit installed in December 2010 by myself and my neighbor. Quiet running unit compared to my old 2ton Carrier. The old Carrier often ran endless for days never really cooled home even when it was first installed in 1995. This unit easily achieves the set point tempature with 10 - 15 minutes even on the coldest days in late Dec10 and Jan11.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>