Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Gary
Location: Skaneateles, N.Y.

"STAY AWAY"
Owned a Goodman heat pump less than a year. Did a good job of cooling but not heating. The fan on the outside unit iced up in the winter during very cold periods when the unit was not running. Then when the amibient outside temperture rose to above 30 dgrees, where the outside unit could efficiently run, the the unit to vibrate violently because of the ice build up on the blades. Called Goodman and they had no solution to the problem, other than only running the unit when the outside temperture is above 40 degree. What's the sense in having a heat pump if it can't be operated in the 30's? Later found out that heating contractors refer to Goodman units as being "price based," which is a nice way of saying they are CHEAP! Made the company come and rip it out. If you live in a climate subject to snow, I would recommend staying away from these units.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: New York, NY

"Heat pump works great"
I have had it only for a few months, I like that it works great, there has been no problems with it at all. I would buy the same brand again if I had to and yes, I would recommend it to anyone that asks about goodmans heat pump products.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Logan, WV

"Somewhat satsified with Goodman"
I had a Goodman 15 SEER system installed last summer after the compressor went out in my old Trane Unit; so far so good, this unit cools all parts of the house sufficiently, all of the temperature problems I have had before are gone now, and the unit seems to not have any trouble keeping up with cooling or heating some rooms as opposed to others, so all rooms hold a steady temperature now, and the unit auto shuts off after the temperature reaches what that thermostat is set to after 10 minutes, and this helps us save money. Since I have had the unit installed I have cut my electric bill by 15%. The only complaint that i could possibly have about the unit is that it is rather noisy outside, and when it goes into the defrost setting it gets really loud, all in all I would have to recommend this unit because of the savings and so far the dependability.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: Bob Pisula
Location: berea,ky.

"Furnace and heat pump"
I bought my new home on 12/3/10, and in March of 2011 I came home one evening and found my home at 80 degrees when the the temp. was set at 70. The furnace would not shut off, and I called the builder who came and shut the power off. If it would have kept running it could have possibly burned my house down. No one knows what happened, or if it would ever have shut off. This is a fire hazard if there ever was one. I'm afraid to leave my house on vacation because I don't know what will happen.

Date created: 2011-04-24 Name: Mike
Location: North Charleston ,Sc

"Up in the air ...."
Ok so bought a new goodman a/c unit everything worked fine cooled house down real quick turns out the control board is bad.The fan would not shut off. Getting a new one shipped to my house now cause it's under warrenty. I was pleasently surprised to see goodman is using copper lines inside the air handler !!! but none the less bought new for 2400 and i'm still with out a/c. Had sears at my house they wanted 7-12 grand to do the same system. Had a goodman at my old trailer it's 20 years old and still works really well. Sticking with goodman ! there are alot of people complaining about goodman . They did at one time make a base model that contractors where using when they where building big developments these systems where not that good. but over all they are making a come back and very happy with the system!

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: R. Freeland
Location: Chesterfield, VA

"Excellent Service"
I have a 3400sqft home with 2 Goodman 2.5 ton units which were installed when the house was built in 1999. The past 2-3 summer seasons I have had to have some freon added to my twins, but other than that they have been maintenance free for the most part. Today, I found out that twin one has lost it's compressor. I figure 12 years on today's equipment is not too bad. Seriously thinking about putting in another Goodman to replace the one that died. Again, I agree that some of the ill fate that people have had with these units is in the quality of the installation job.

Date created: 2011-04-15 Name: fhoweshell
Location: Fort Valley, GA

"Repeated evaporator coil failures"
Had two units is 11 years. Replaced evaporator 3 times in first one. On fourth failure bought a new unit, Dealer was confident the new Goodman was better than my old one, so I let him put in a new one. Replaced evaporator after 2 years now 2 years later it's leaking again.

Date created: 2011-04-08 Name: C. Peacon
Location: Aiken SC

"Stay away from Goodman AC products"
I have had nothing but problems from my Goodman Heatpump AC. Multiple repeat problems

Date created: 2011-04-07 Name: Brian
Location: Ga

"Blame the contractor not the Brand"
Most of the poor reviews listed here have to do directly with poor install practices and poorly designed duct work. Consumers should use a well respected dealer that they trust and not just the cheapest guy out there who may or may not even be licensed. I have sold several major brands over the last 20 years and have seen these exact same issues with them all. Dirty sock and most of these other problems are directly related to the installation not the unit. Also, Goodman has redesigned there evap coils to cure the leak issues unlike several other name brands.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: San Antonio

"Heat Pump Review"
My Goodman heat pump is an average heat pump at best. This isn't surprising, considering one of the primary reasons we purchased it was because of our financial woes. The positive part about this pump is that it's pretty affective year round and it isn't overly expensive. Honestly I would suggest just spending a substantial amount of money on a quality pump. This one overheats and I've had to spend money replacing parts. I would give it a 6.5/10 as a review.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>