Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-10-20 Name: Ralph Henderson
Location: Every where

"Garbage"
I am a contractor who has been installing this Goodman equipment for some time now. The failure rate on evaporator coils and reversing valves is ridiculous,it has effected my reputation as a contractor. They for some reason have misplaced many extended warranties I have purchased for home owners. Therefore have not paid for many claims I have sent in. My opinion they are a volume dealer and there is no quality in this product. This is cheap equipment for most companies to have high margins on. "Its not always the installation" as most will tell you, we do topnotch installs and still have problems!

Date created: 2011-10-17 Name: P. Hawk
Location: McIntosh, Florida

"Goodman Evaporator Coil Costly Problems"
I just got off the phone with Goodman's customer service and was informed that Goodman will not cover labor or Freon replacement caused by failure of their substandard evaporator coil. The AC technician I had at the time said Goodman was a good company, so I had a brand new unit installed. What a mistake that was! I am an elderly person on limited income so having to layout $475.00 for a repair caused by Goodman's lousy business decisions is very hurtful. Have they no shame? I hope there is a class action lawsuit against them. Goodman may have been good at one time, but now they are BAD NEWS!!!

Date created: 2011-10-11 Name: A. Grannan
Location: Helena, AL

"Not Good"
I have had two ARUF042 goodman units in 13 years. The first was new with the home in 1998. Started to fail in 2004. The second unit I bought in 2005 and am now replacing them a coil to the tune of $1300. The warranty reads 10 year warranty, but only if you own a specific outside unit, otherwise it is a five year warranty. These units are designed to last just outside the five year warranty. Do yourself a favor and do not buy Goodman.

Date created: 2011-10-09 Name: B White
Location: fred,va

"Goodman heat pumps"
I have a 3 ton 10 seer unit in my commercial garage that has cranked out heat or air every day for over 7 years with no problems. Also lowered the electric bill by 50 to 75.00 per month, and the cost of the unit in 2004 was half of other major brands. I think some of the bad reviews are due to poor quality installations. I also had a 2 ton 13 seer put in my attic at home in 2005, and now in 2011, no problem whatsoever! I guess I had a good technician install these units.

Date created: 2011-09-18 Name: Harry Laytos
Location: Scottsdale AZ

"Update on our Goodman"
Had a compressor blanket placed on the compressor and it reduced the start up noise by 50%+. It is working very quiet now and cooling very well here in the Phoenix desert. We are very pleased with Goodman heat pump.

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: M. Hall
Location: Phoenix AZ

"Runs like a champ"
I see a lot of bad press about Goodman, but my own experience has been good. This unit has been running like a champ for a couple of years now - it's quiet, efficient, & the price was right.

Date created: 2011-08-28 Name: steve hegel
Location: phelps ny

"My unit has run great"
My unit has run great since it was installed. I had a gmv95070 furnace installed at the same time and have had zero problems. Most of the complaints are from people who had bums or fly by nights install their systems. I have my system cleaned and tuned annually.

Date created: 2011-08-21 Name: Hv1245

"Please don't buy Goodman"
Goodman is shit just like Nordyne and Amana. Do not buy Goodman unless you want a unit that is made to fall, buy a carrier or Trane or Rheem ruud if you want quietly. The facts is Goodman is crap, please don't buy.

Date created: 2011-08-12 Name: Mike Kaiser
Location: North Charleston ,Sc

"CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT WILL SOLVE PROBLEMS"
Bought brand new on May 2011 it's now August 2011 and been fixed 5 times could of cost me a fortune . Customer service is horrible . I have a licensed hvac install it and he's a dear friend who does quality work every time something fails he knows exactly what went wrong with unit. If I didn't have a friend in the business this unit could of easily cost me a small fortune. Stay away from Goodman at all costs. Parts are junk and fail all the time.

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: jane
Location: Louisiana

"Have never had a problem with this unit..."
Have never had a problem with this unit Goodman heat-pump. I have seen a lot of bad reviews on trane, carrier, york, you name it. I just wonder if every brand makes a bunch of lemons sometime. Oh, by the way, I am guilty of never having it serviced. I'm scared now that if I do, it's gonna break!!!

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>