Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Sandy T
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

"Update on my Goodman system"
Ok this is my newest update on my Goodman 4 ton 16 seer unit. I have had it with this brand!!! If I ever have to put another dime in it, I swear I will buy a whole new unit!! I had this unit installed this coming summer will make 2 years ago and to start off with was a nightmare. But the installer kept coming back until he got it right. Now I just ordered some filters instead of taking out this blue thing I bought to just clean out. Well my installer told me to get 23 X 21 filters, well guess what they don't fit. I can't get them in there, not to mention there is NO EASY ACCESS to the filter replacement area. I tell you I have had it, it is very noisy but in all honesty I do believe it has something to do with who installed it. I have called him several times and he has gone out of business! Imagine that, Reeves Heating and Air Condiontioning. I have called and called and no one ever answers. He was good when he first installed it but now nothing! He told me he would service it, fix it when it breaks down and now I can't even get a hold of him! I guess I would be fed up with this unit no matter who made it, as I am almost positive it was the installer!!! Larry Reeves heating and air in Jacksonville, Florida was who installed it. He was cheap and now I know why!!!! Buyers beware!!! He has a son but I can't for the life of me remember what his name was but he has a tattoo of a snake on his back with a tounge ring in it for the snake eyes. The eyes are red!!! Beware of these guys or if you find out how to get a hold of Larry please let me KNOW!!!

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Patrice
Location: Pennsylvania

"DONT BUY GOODMAN!"
We bought a 16 seer last year. 6 service calls, two thermostats later it still gets stuck in on. our 14 year York cost less to run than this monster. LOUD cant sleep sounds like a jet taking off. run run run, it never shuts off at nights under 30 degrees. $$$$ we spent less with emergency heat of or your. to the tune of 1500 more in 3 months. Service.. even with the extra warranty, which at this point was the only bargain, ($100) you cant get anyone to call you and talk to you from Goodman, who acts like they care, for days. DONT GET SUCKED IN!!! it cost us 6000 for this heatpump. so we have to live with it. its less than one year old.

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: Cecil Hanks
Location: Sarah MS

"Home Owner"
Looks like the same as most, units less than 3 years old, I have had both inside coils replaced because of leaks in the coils, One unit has to still be recharged about every 4 months so I know I'm not getting effciency there. Basically they are crap. I had an old off brand unit at my other house and never had to have anything done for the 13 years I lived there. I would not recomend a Goodman to anyone.

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: G Sa
Location: Bend Oregon

"Crap"
After 3 years, reversing valve and compressor failures. Probably partially due to installers and troubleshooters who didn't know what they were doing too.

Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: V. Sell
Location: Raleigh NC

"Very Unhappy"
I had a new house built 2.5 years old ago and the builder installed 2 Goodman heat pumps of which are only 2.5 years old. The builder comment was that the units came with a 5 year warranty. He did not comment on what the warranty actually covered. I had to have the Freon, indoor coil and heat strips replaced on one of the units this week. Even though the parts were covered by the manufacture, the labor was not. It cost me almost $1000.00 just for labor to replace the Freon, indoor coil and heat strips. I was fit to be tied. Now, I am waiting for the upstairs unit to go and cost me another $1000.00. I have called Goodman and complained but it did not do any good. Does anyone know of any kind of recourse to get reimbursed for the cost of the labor chart from Goodman? My next door neighbors had the same problem this past summer on both of their units of which are the same ages as mine.

Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: T. Barksdale
Location: Knoxville, TN

"New System 14 seer 2 ton"
Update***Week one works very well. Temps have been in 20's and have had no issues. I didn't realize how bad my old unit was until I got this one installed and can tell the difference in the heat coming out. Some reviews on here seem to be caused by improper install. If you go under any other brand on this "Furnace Compare" site, you will see that they all rate the same with same issues. I will update as time goes on, but as of right now I am very satisfied.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: Bud
Location: Langley BC

"Compressor problems"
My brand new heat pump was installed 4.5 years ago and immediately started leaking Freon, this was fixed by the technician and the pump worked on ac all summer. In the winter the heat mode kept blowing the breaker, we replaced the breaker and then it worked for a while until it blew the breaker again and again. Tried all kinds of things and nothing worked over the years. Compressor finally died completely and needed to be replaced. Good news, it was covered under warranty. Well now the bad news. I had to pay for labor, and all other parts including Freon. $1,130 dollars later on this call and now it is working again. Hopefully it will not blow breakers and last longer than 4 years this time. $5,000 heat pump has now cost about $7,000 total. So much for saving money by installing a heat pump.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Scoot

"Good Unit"
Our 16 year old Janitrol (Goodman) heat pump was beginning to give us problems. We looked at Ruud, Carrier, and Trane. Reviews on every brand are pretty much universally the same. Decided to go with a combination 15 Seer Goodman. I had a very reputable dealer install it and do a lot of other work that the first HVAC contractor should have done 16 years ago. After two months I'm very satisfied. Just after the unit was installed we had one of the worst snows and the coldest weather in the past 10 years. It never missed a beat. I think the secret to a well running unit is the installer, not necessarily the brand name of the unit.

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: dpriest.
Location: 31768

"Aka"
I had two units. each lasted only 7yrs. never again will i buy this make.d.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: C./J.Overbey
Location: Tennessee

"Junk, Junk, Junk"
Brand new house, brand new (we guess)Goodman heat pump 8/2005. Almost immediately starting having problems. Outside unit-leaked freon numerous times, every time for a different reason/different repair/different cost. Couple of weeks ago looked out, entire unit covered in block of ice. Can only run emergency heat/elec furnace right now,thermostat(?) issue (costly),some other issue once summer roles around and turn on air (expensive part, can't remember). Internal unit under house (crawl space more like a stand up space, builders too lazy to put in basement)-circuit boards replaced, no drain system for condensation, water dripping straight down-another repair/fee, pipes connected, hole drilled through wall/brick to run drain. Installation/contractor issue-too good to not include-2wks before son born Dec.07-NO heat, but units running nonstop, emerg heat light on. Go under house, ALL duct work has fallen down, because they were hung/supported by mesh/fabric cables, not metal/steel,etc. Was nice&toasty UNDER house though! Thank goodness hubby's guardian angel had him put big Christmas tree box where he did. Ductwork connected to unit had fallen and was still attached to unit, but it landed on the box and didn't fall all the way down, which would've pulled down the whole unit and all!!!!

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>