Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-28 Name: steve hegel
Location: phelps ny

"My unit has run great"
My unit has run great since it was installed. I had a gmv95070 furnace installed at the same time and have had zero problems. Most of the complaints are from people who had bums or fly by nights install their systems. I have my system cleaned and tuned annually.

Date created: 2011-08-21 Name: Hv1245

"Please don't buy Goodman"
Goodman is shit just like Nordyne and Amana. Do not buy Goodman unless you want a unit that is made to fall, buy a carrier or Trane or Rheem ruud if you want quietly. The facts is Goodman is crap, please don't buy.

Date created: 2011-08-12 Name: Mike Kaiser
Location: North Charleston ,Sc

"CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT WILL SOLVE PROBLEMS"
Bought brand new on May 2011 it's now August 2011 and been fixed 5 times could of cost me a fortune . Customer service is horrible . I have a licensed hvac install it and he's a dear friend who does quality work every time something fails he knows exactly what went wrong with unit. If I didn't have a friend in the business this unit could of easily cost me a small fortune. Stay away from Goodman at all costs. Parts are junk and fail all the time.

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: jane
Location: Louisiana

"Have never had a problem with this unit..."
Have never had a problem with this unit Goodman heat-pump. I have seen a lot of bad reviews on trane, carrier, york, you name it. I just wonder if every brand makes a bunch of lemons sometime. Oh, by the way, I am guilty of never having it serviced. I'm scared now that if I do, it's gonna break!!!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Josh
Location: Arizona

"Try a different Contractor"
People need to understand something. You can blame the maker but if the contracting company installing the equipment is trying to rip you off or is terribly ignorant than you will have yearly repairs with any system. This is how companies rip you off. They are getting paid each time. Who deals with your warranty? Them too. Don't blame the brand for a terrible contractor. If you have not done your homework or tried another company then blame yourself for ignorance. ac contractors are a dime a dozen but there are very few that are reputable decent companies. I have had a Goodman for 12 years. There warranty is better than any other. Trane can't even compare with there warranty so if your so called contractor tells you different then find another contractor.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Danny Slattery
Location: Frankfort,ky

"The Worst Unit I've Ever Had"
I've only had the unit in the house for about 2 years. Spent over two thousand dollars getting it worked on. And it still doesn't work. That's using three different contractors.

Date created: 2011-07-16 Name: Fred Brown
Location: Augusta, GA

"Worst AC Ever!"
"Terrible" Worst ac ever!!!!!!!!! Don't let a dealer sell you one only to return for repairs to rip you off. Unit is not yet 4 years old and it has been a maintenance nightmare. It worked fine the first two years. The last two years has been hell. Each summer goes out and causes me around $400.00 to repair. The warranty sucks. I will never buy another Goodman unit. Very poor quality and poor quality parts.

Date created: 2011-07-01 Name: L. Knapp
Location: Indpls, IN

"HVAC Contractor"
I've been in the HVAC industry for 39 years. I've sold Goodman equipment. I will never sell them again. If you live in the mid to upper states, look at this. If you take a look at the heat pump, out side unit, it looks like a weed eater has gone around the first 4 inches of the bottom of the coil. The lower portion will freeze and eventually cause the outside coil to leak refrigerant. I sold one to my next door neighbor 6 years age, had to replace the compressor once, and the outside coil no his heat pump. I have never seen this kind of coil damage to any other brand in the field.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"It Does it's Job"
I have owned my heat pump for roughly 10 years (I've been in the house that long I think the pump is about 12 years old), it is still running strong and it keeps me and my wife cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It is defiantly dated I'm sure newer models would take less energy to operate, and if it gets left on for too long it will freeze up. The fan motor burnt up a couple of years ago but the cost wasn't too high to replace so we did that, had a repairman out and he had us up and running in a few days. It has been a good heat pump I definitely would recommend the brand, as a matter of fact It is about time for a new one so I plan to look into one of their more energy efficient models.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Location: Manchester, KY

"Heating Our Home"
In my home we own a Goodman Heat Pump. When my father passed away 6 years ago in September 2006 we had our heat pump installed. Since we have had it we have not had any maintenance done to it. What we like about it is that it keeps every room a constat temperature whether it's hot or cold. It doesn't run the electricity bill up as much as long as you keep the thermostat on one constant temperature. For what we paid for it we got a great deal on it. There is nothing in particular that I can say I dislike about our heat pump. The only thing I don't like about it is that living in a rural area our electricity goes off often and we wish it ran on a battery to keep the house warm or cool! I live in a brick 1500 sq. ft. 8 room home and it keeps it warm in the winter and cool in the summer so it is the idea heat pump for us. I would recommend it to anyone and I will defenitley buy the same brand again for my next purchase.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>