Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-04-19 Name: R DODGE
Location: Alabama

"NOTHING BUT TRASH"
Read all the hype and purchased the unit. Worst piece of equipment ever owned. Has been nothing but problems. 5 ton unit and a technicians dream. Have had to pay out, in repairs, as much as the ubit cost and is now down with a locked up compressor. 10 year warranty is worthless. Was led to believe that first 5 years would be parts and labor but they have not paid a cent into the repairs needed. In addition, I have to pay freight both ways for all of the parts. Horrendous company, worthless warranties, and terrible equipment. Self destructs in 3 years. Tough for disabled senior with no income and wondering what to do now. Save your money if thinking of Goodman product purchase.

Date created: 2012-04-08 Name: C. NEAL
Location: Bluff City, TN

"REGRETS! REGRETS! WISH I COULD PICK CARRIER"
This unit installed on April 3 2012-today is april 8 2012. It is less than 1 week old and already broke down. got chilly here in east tn turned heat on & worked 1 day - now the outdoor unit runs 2 mins off for 5 then back on over & over. This piece of junk turned on & off 27 times in 1 hour. Oh yeah ,forgot to mention the indoor blower won't blow only outside runs like a thrashing machine. Wish I had my 30 year old carrier back. Stay away from Goodman. They are of the devil!

Date created: 2012-03-19 Name: R. G.
Location: Kent, WA

"Goodman Systems"
This unit continually breaks down, it seems to be the same part that has problems, there is a fan that comes on first to do what I don't know however it continually becomes plugged up where there is a small connection to a fail safe system, this must be a design flaw have never had this problem with any other furnace.

Date created: 2012-01-10 Name: tom barrett
Location: richmond va

"One year old piece of crap"
1 year old and reversing valve failed, dumped all the freon. Basically the warranty covered the valve, not the service call on new years day, nor the labor, or the freon. Only good thing I can say about this Goodman Heat Pump is the local scrap metal place will pay the going price for it when you haul it there!

Date created: 2011-12-17 Name: Gary
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Goodman/Junk"
After installing a goodman package unit, it leaked all of the freon out the second year. When contacting Goodman I was asked if I took it apart and made sure all of the line were not touching when it was installed, guess when you buy a new car you have to check the brake lines? Leaking again after one more year. Spend your money wisely, do not buy a goodman!

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: rob
Location: maryland

"Air filter is not standard opening"
My air filter slot is 19 1/2" wide! This is not standard and I replace filter every 30 days! What a cram job to force the 20" filter in.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: R.Jungweber
Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa

"Garbage Goodman heat pump"
Garbage, garbage,garbage... I hope everyone that is in the market for a heat pump finds this page. Since I am from Iowa I thought Amana would be a good choice since the products were always good. Not so anymore since they sold out to Goodman. My unit is three years old and now whenever the unit switches out from defrost into heat there is a loud screech, sounds like someone playing a kazoo, this can last anywhere from 5 seconds to a few minutes. The contractor came 3 times, initially the unit was making a terrible hammering noise and they said Goodman has a circuit board to install to slow down the compressor kick in time. That helped but appears to be a band aid fix. Doing it now as I type. So far the parts are cheap at 45.00 ea and a switching valve is around that also but labor for that would be in the hundreds which is not covered. Getting ready to hook a chain to it and pull out with the truck. metmech@cfu.net posted my email for all to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from this...

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: A Higbee
Location: Pc Beach, Fl

"Bad Product"
I have 1500 square feet house and the unit lasted only 7 years with over $2,000 of service issues and freon during that time. Major leaks after the 5 year warranty expired. I will never buy their garbage again. Evaporator coil leaks like crazy right after warranty expires. Bad news units.

Date created: 2011-10-20 Name: Ralph Henderson
Location: Every where

"Garbage"
I am a contractor who has been installing this Goodman equipment for some time now. The failure rate on evaporator coils and reversing valves is ridiculous,it has effected my reputation as a contractor. They for some reason have misplaced many extended warranties I have purchased for home owners. Therefore have not paid for many claims I have sent in. My opinion they are a volume dealer and there is no quality in this product. This is cheap equipment for most companies to have high margins on. "Its not always the installation" as most will tell you, we do topnotch installs and still have problems!

Date created: 2011-10-17 Name: P. Hawk
Location: McIntosh, Florida

"Goodman Evaporator Coil Costly Problems"
I just got off the phone with Goodman's customer service and was informed that Goodman will not cover labor or Freon replacement caused by failure of their substandard evaporator coil. The AC technician I had at the time said Goodman was a good company, so I had a brand new unit installed. What a mistake that was! I am an elderly person on limited income so having to layout $475.00 for a repair caused by Goodman's lousy business decisions is very hurtful. Have they no shame? I hope there is a class action lawsuit against them. Goodman may have been good at one time, but now they are BAD NEWS!!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>