Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: S. Gosa
Location: Winfield, AL

"Unit does not put air out in all the rooms in the house."
I had a new Goodman unit installed in 2016 and have been very dissatisfied with the unit. It does not put out air flow in all the rooms in the house. I have had the guy that installed the unit out several times and he has replaced different parts with no change. If anyone out there are planning on getting a new unit, I suggest not to go with the Goodman brand. It sucks.

Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: Bobby Bowman
Location: Oneonta, AL

"Piece of shit"
My HVAC man told me to buy a Goodman said it was a good brand. Boy was wrong... It has never worked right since I bought it... Will never own one again or recommend it to anyone... Just 3 years old and had nothing but problems. To this day it is not working right. The company need to pay someone to come and fix my unit or give me a new one.

Date created: 2017-05-03 Name: Brenda
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Piece of shit-never buy"
Unit has never worked and I have gotten the run around from the company for 2 years. All the trying to fix it has caused damage to the interior and exterior of my home. Avoid all things Goodman and Daikin!!!!!

Date created: 2017-04-06 Name: Paul Ceria
Location: NC

"Never again"
The unit did its job, but it didn't last one day over the 10 year limit. During that time, it always seemed to need Freon. I will never buy another Goodman.

Date created: 2017-03-22 Name: G Giangi
Location: Hershey, PA

"Goodman Heat Pump electrical short"
I purchased 8 Goodman 2 Ton Electric Heat Pumps for rental property. Don't ever buy Goodman products! Developed low voltage wire short that kept blowing the 3 Amp fuse in the air handler. Several Hundred dollars later in labor costs we determined it was faulty wiring from the factory. Goodman ran the low voltage wires right along the freon copper pipe which caused the insulation to wear out exposing the wire and shorting out. Goodman would not own up to the problem and cover my labor expenses even after being notified of the problem being on their end. If anyone wants to join me in a class action lawsuit please let me know as I am looking to engage with a law firm about eh defective product.

Date created: 2017-03-02 Name: J. COLD

"Goodman is really a"
We replaced our central heat & air unit that had been in our home for approximately 15 years with a Goodman unit. Big mistake! We have had nothing but trouble from it! We have to call the guy who put it in every time the season changes to fix it. He told us there were some duds that Goodman had about the time he sold us ours. Lucky us! If they know this why not stand behind your product and fix or replace them! Now our unit just sits and runs and the house is freezing! Time to call for Repair again!!! I have learned 2 things from this, never buy your HVAC from a good friends family and never buy a Goodman HVAC!!!

Date created: 2017-01-29 Name: A. Vlasi
Location: Charlotte, NC

"I'm happy with mine."
I had a Goodman installed in one of my rental properties about 7 years ago. The previous heat pump went through 2 compressors so I decided to get an entire new unit. This Goodman unit has been running like a champ every since. I went with Goodman because of the price. I had it shipped there and contracted with a local HVAC to have it installed. Total cost then was less than $3000 installed. I was happy with that. Since then I have had two service calls each of which was less than $150. So spending an additional $300 over a 7 year period makes good financial sense to me.

Date created: 2017-01-14 Name: S. Akers
Location: Bardstown, KY

"Goodman Is Garbage!"
My unit went out seven times the first year it was installed. The first time was within 30 days. I would come home in the dead of winter and find it had gone out again. It went out many times but one time is memorable. While I was at work, it malfunctioned and released some oily substance all over the inside of my house. It looked like everything had been sprayed with Pam cooking spray. I've had service runs three times in the last year and now they tell me it has leaked every drop of Freon out. The cost is $85 per unit and I need ten. I'm done repairing the trash! Can't wait to see the brand off my property!

Date created: 2017-01-09 Name: Timothy Simmons
Location: Sutton, WV

"Not Working"
My system is less than 4 years old. Been worked on 4 times. Keeps losing freon. Don't know why or why its not covered under warranty and if it's a sealed system. Anyone got any answers? Why do I have to keep paying when I thought it has automatic 5 year warranty?

Date created: 2016-12-27 Name: Duane Stuart
Location: Mt. Vernon, TX

"Non-existent Customer Service"
Bought in June. Installed. Ac worked well. Got into fall had a couple of cool days. Heat worked. Back to warm days and cooling. Then in November, December cool days in East TX. No heat. Went online to submit request for warranty work, three times, no reply. Now unit is dead. So 5-6 months use. There is no 10 year warranty. After registering only get a 5 year warranty. Which does no good as they do not reply.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>