Consumer Reviews of Goodman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Goodman heat pumps

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-10-06 Name: Bob Lancaster
Location: Mena, AR

"MSG12 model disappointing"
Nothing but problems over the less than 5 years installed. Short warranty and high replacement cost for burnt out compressor. Control board failure after 1 year parts warranty expired. $1200 to replace condenser, $2000 for new Dakin unit with 10 year parts warranty.

Date created: 2017-09-01 Name: Steve Little
Location: Springfield

"Goodman is a terrible name for a terrible company"
I bought my home new in 2004 in 2007 I came home from work into a house that was 91 degrees. I called a repairman who came out and charged me about $400.00 to charge my unit because it was low on Freon. I called cheapman they offered me a whole whopping $77.00 for my inconvenience. Since then I've spent probably $2,000.00 in repairs until the freon completely leaked all the way out. My repairman said it wasn't worth filling this year as it would cost almost $800.00 to do so. So I getting ready to have a Trane installed. One day next week I'm going to get in touch with an attorney to see what kind of civil matter I can take against them. If anyone has any suggestions please email me. Thanks and remember to tell all your friends and coworkers to never ever buy a goodman product.

Date created: 2017-08-17 Name: L. Edwards
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Complete a piece of junk"
We had the unit installed in October of 2010, now it is being thrown in the garbage August 17, 2017. Ever since it was installed it has been a money pit, after the first year parts began to break every season. The part was covered under warranty but not the labor and being without air conditioning and heat until it could be fixed. Just recently all the Freon was gone due to rub through and after paying $1000 dollars to fix (April 2017) it I vowed no more money was to be spent on that unit. We smelled and electrical fire recently and could not find the source until today. The old unit was being hauled away because it wasn't working properly again and the men asked me to take a look- yep you guessed it, the unit had been on fire. I have never been so disappointed with a brand until now. This is more than 'they don't make them like they used to'. I should take this company to court.

Date created: 2017-07-29 Name: Dave Leffingwell
Location: Copperas Cove, TX

"Works Great and Reliable"
Had a Goodman 14seer heat pump system installed in January 2013. It replaced the original HVAC system installed when the house was built and was turning into a maintenance and operating nightmare. Most satisfied. Cut my electric bill by 1/3. Never a problem. I read people complaining - believe most of their problems were because of a crappy installation. If the contractor isn't good sure you'll have problems. All I've had to do was change the battery in the thermostat. The contractor recommended a certain brand and rated air filter and to change every month. These filters are not expensive. I do that and never a problem.

Date created: 2017-07-26 Name: LAS
Location: Chesterfield, VA

"Crappy!"
I just had the outer coil replaced in my downstairs unit. That went bad and all the r22 refrigerant had leaked out. Total repair cost $1100.00. I am so lucky as I have 2 of these units at my house due to 2 zone heating/cooling. Can't wait for the other one to go out. The unit that went bad was 9 years old. I was told things just aren't made like they used to be....really? Very very disappointed with this product...will not buy another one.

Date created: 2017-07-08 Name: Jay
Location: Lagrange, GA

"Disaster"
This Goodman unit has been nothing but trouble since we got it. Replaced the coil two times in 3 years. Now the compressor is shot. Not going to spend another penny on this piece of shit. Getting another unit an then going to set this one on fire. I would advise no one to buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: S. Gosa
Location: Winfield, AL

"Unit does not put air out in all the rooms in the house."
I had a new Goodman unit installed in 2016 and have been very dissatisfied with the unit. It does not put out air flow in all the rooms in the house. I have had the guy that installed the unit out several times and he has replaced different parts with no change. If anyone out there are planning on getting a new unit, I suggest not to go with the Goodman brand. It sucks.

Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: Bobby Bowman
Location: Oneonta, AL

"Piece of shit"
My HVAC man told me to buy a Goodman said it was a good brand. Boy was wrong... It has never worked right since I bought it... Will never own one again or recommend it to anyone... Just 3 years old and had nothing but problems. To this day it is not working right. The company need to pay someone to come and fix my unit or give me a new one.

Date created: 2017-05-03 Name: Brenda
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Piece of shit-never buy"
Unit has never worked and I have gotten the run around from the company for 2 years. All the trying to fix it has caused damage to the interior and exterior of my home. Avoid all things Goodman and Daikin!!!!!

Date created: 2017-04-06 Name: Paul Ceria
Location: North Carolina

"Never again"
The unit did its job, but it didn't last one day over the 10 year limit. During that time, it always seemed to need Freon. I will never buy another Goodman.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>