Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

Date created: 2006-08-13 Years owned: 4

Water is running down the fins and end frames of the A-coil, missing the drip pan and then down onto the breakers... water has flooded the floor twice in 2 years. After multiple service calls in 2 years we are replacing this unit with a real "name brand" unit. Could not get service for the unit when we called on Gibson. I will NEVER recomend or use Gibson again, much less purchase a home with one of these units in it again.

Date created: 2006-06-26 Years owned: 1

I have needed a new heat pump for years and have tried to save up enough for our local company [which was servicing the old one 2 times a year] put one in. BUT I am raising 2 grandchildren ages 7 and 8. One of them is a special needs child plus I have a 30 year old special needs daughter. It was impossible to save enough so the technician from that company offered to put in a brand new heat pump for about half the price. Well that was May, 2005. Since then the technician has disapeared and I have spent almost 2500.00 in repairs. The reversing valve went bad. Then the compressor burnt up. Then it had a freeon leak. Then the unit needed to be "dried" out. I have been told by 4 different people that the unit is a "lemon" and probably won't last much longer. Then I will be without heat or air conditioning!! Thought you should know what one of your customers has been through. And with not being able to get it put in by the company I have no warrenty. A very hard lesson learned !!!!