Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

Date created: 2008-01-16 Name: D. CALLAHAN
Location: KUTTAWA , KENTUCKY

I HAVE HAD 3 1/2 TON GIBSON HEATPUMP IN A NEW CONSTRUCTION FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE HAD A PROBLEM OR TWO EVERY YEAR. I REPLACED THE COIL,TWO ELECTRICAL BOARDS AND MANY LEAKS.THE COMPANY 5 YEAR WARRANTY IS UP AND ALL THEY SAID IS IT'S YOUR PROBLEM NOW. THE UNIT IS BROKEN AS I WRITE JAN. 16 08.

Date created: 2008-01-03 Name: J. Schuck
Location: Tennessee

Brand new house, the contractor installed this brand... I've since learned this is widely known to be the worst possible heat pump... it has burnt up and had to be repaired 3 times IN 2 YEARS! Now it needs repair again and it will cost over $2000 this time!

Date created: 2007-05-18 Name: jake
Location: hudson,nc

Has worked very good so far for the exception of a burnt up fan motor a good product

Date created: 2007-02-08 Name: Harned

The Gibson unit is a lemon. Purchased a new house with this unit. Contractors have been out on numerous occasions and still have not fixed it. Goes into defrost in the winter and keeps blowing only cold air into the house. nice when it is 30 degrees outside and you get air conditioning instead of HEAT......reverser broke, coils leaked....etc. piece of junk

Date created: 2006-08-13 Years owned: 4

Water is running down the fins and end frames of the A-coil, missing the drip pan and then down onto the breakers... water has flooded the floor twice in 2 years. After multiple service calls in 2 years we are replacing this unit with a real "name brand" unit. Could not get service for the unit when we called on Gibson. I will NEVER recomend or use Gibson again, much less purchase a home with one of these units in it again.

Date created: 2006-06-26 Years owned: 1

I have needed a new heat pump for years and have tried to save up enough for our local company [which was servicing the old one 2 times a year] put one in. BUT I am raising 2 grandchildren ages 7 and 8. One of them is a special needs child plus I have a 30 year old special needs daughter. It was impossible to save enough so the technician from that company offered to put in a brand new heat pump for about half the price. Well that was May, 2005. Since then the technician has disapeared and I have spent almost 2500.00 in repairs. The reversing valve went bad. Then the compressor burnt up. Then it had a freeon leak. Then the unit needed to be "dried" out. I have been told by 4 different people that the unit is a "lemon" and probably won't last much longer. Then I will be without heat or air conditioning!! Thought you should know what one of your customers has been through. And with not being able to get it put in by the company I have no warrenty. A very hard lesson learned !!!!