Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: Mike
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

"TWO pumps bad"
I have a split system and I had to replace both units less then one year apart. My havac guy suggest Gibson and told me they were great units. I had an issue with both a year into the first and six months into the second. The fans on the out door unit hums and will not start to turn. No one can tell me why. I have spen 10,000 on the units and instalation along with service calls, I am ready to rip them out and return them for another brand.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: Guy Hepler
Location: Rustburg, VA

"Gibson heat pump"
I have had constant problems not cooling properly & very noisey compressor we cannot sit on our porch because of the noise. I have the 10 year parts and labor contract, I don't know if it was worth it.I have 1 room that is either to hot or to cold and the unit does not handle it like the other rooms. I have 2 units, 1 Trane and this new Gibson. No problems with the Trane. When installed they did not install a new drip pan under tne handler and the old one has a rusted hole. I am trying to have them replace it. They said they would, still waiting. Then compressor clanks when it clicks on runs loud and a clunk when it clicks off. very annoying. They have replaced the coil in the handler, and had to speed up the fan to get air to the other room which helps but does not solve the problem. Do you have a representive in this area that can talk to me about this problem. Do you have another dealer in this area that can take over my account and solve my problems? I was told by the dealer that this Gibson is the best on the market and far better than the Trane and because of the 10 yr contract I agreed to go with the Gibson at his recommendation. Prove to me he was right.He also sells Trane.

Date created: 2009-01-21 Name: J Swann
Location: Signal Mountain, TN

"Homeowner"
Have just had blower motor replaced; then outdoor fan motor bearings , so new outdoor fan motor; then reversing valve and cylanoid (sp?) replaced; all of this in the past 2 weeks and unit is still a solid block of ice blowing in cool air!!! I now owe $416.00 in labor and still have no heat!!! Suggestions????

Date created: 2009-01-16 Name: John
Location: Maryland

"John"
I'm a HVAC contractor and installed a Gibson 2 1/2 ton heat pump in my own home have had it for 4 years and on purpose did every thing I could to neglect it havent serviced it at all I run it with out filters and have no covers on the out door control panel. The unit has never broke down or ever gave me a mins problem. Most of what I'm seeing on here is complaints and they come back to the people who install the equipment.

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: David Pinkerton
Location: Fleetwood, PA

"Very loud"
Would never buy a Gibson again very very very very noisy

Date created: 2008-11-24 Name: Bob Williams
Location: State College, PA

"Fan comes off"
Have a 13 Seer Gibson heat Pump, bought with new house in 2007. Heat pump worked great for 14 months, then the outdoor unit fan came off and shredded my outdoor coil. Gibson replaced with new outdoor unit (had to pay $160) and offered the new 10 year warranty on the entire system. Heatpump has been working great since, and is much quieter than the "old" system

Date created: 2008-08-02 Name: J. Spaulding
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

"Very Positive Expieriance"
Had contactor replace my old system with a new Gibson variable speed split system heat pump. The new Gibson system is much quieter than the one it replaced. We have been very pleased at how quickly it cools down our living area. Best value I have found in a heating and cooling unit

Date created: 2008-06-25 Name: Don Fore
Location: Mt. Airy, NC

"Heating and Air Conditioning Contractor"
A customer/and friend of mine had a Gibson Split Heat pump installed about 4 years ago, the contractor replaced just the outdoor unit with a Gibson Model jt3ba-060ka outdoor unit. The outdoor unit is so noisy that they can't set on their patio, and the neighbors are complaining. They pointed this out to the contractor, he has tried several things, wrapping the compressor, no luck. I myself have been by there, you can hear it from the street. Any suggestion?

Date created: 2008-04-15 Name: L Hope
Location: Knoxville, TN

Unit installed but every change of season I have to have a tech come out and switch from cool to heat and from heat to cool. Will never purchase a Gibson heat pump.

Date created: 2008-03-10 Name: J. B.
Location: Tennessee

Came with new house. 5-Ton Dual Stage Heat Pump. At year 3 freon went out and compressor was shot. Replaced compressor, found leak and repaired that. Two lines had rubbed together and caused leak. A month later the freon was out again. This time the technician replaced the coils. The other night (and a year past the first problems) we woke up to the smell of burning plastic. The smell was coming through the vents blowing cold air instead of warm air. Shut off the system and called the technician who came out after we had two nights of freezing weather. Freon was out again, lines had rubbed together in a different area and caused leak. Can you say horrible engineering of the insides where this continues to happen???? Also, the electronic board has malfunctioned and needs to be replace (will take 3 days for that board to come in). Currently have entire system shut down and am wearing coats in the house to stay warm. Estimates on new systems coming soon.....