Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

"Gibson Heat Pumps"
We have installed Gibson heat pumps for years. We have yet to have a single compressor failure. It's been my experience that it's not the equipment, but the installer and/or lack of preventative maintenance that causes most mechanical failures. Check references and call your local supply house to make sure your contractor is dependable.

Location: Danville, VA

"Gibson Heat pump/Ac"
City of Danville,Va had contractor install Brand new Gibson Heatpump and Ac unit in (brick) home. I wish they had left the old boiler in! Cooling bills $900.00, Heating bills almost $850.00 a Month, unit almost runs all the time, can't keep up with house in either season, Gibson "voided" complete Warranty, and it was one of their "Trained" Contractors, worst set-up I have ever seen, White-Rodgers Thermo Sucks too! Unit can't heat house past 62f, while in mid 30's outside, who would want to own a product that the Company themselves, won't back-up! Give me a arco, anyday! I wouldn't scrap this unit, it's not worth the gas money to take it to the scrap yard!!!!!!!!!

"Very Noisy"
Outside unit very noisy when starts. replaced fan motor and capacitor to no avail. when unit starts it wakes my wife and kids. Any Ideas???? Please help!

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: Mike Barnes
Location: Hopewell, VA

"Owner Michael Barnes HVAC"
I have been installing Gibson units for over 20 years and I can count on one hand the number of problems I have had with them. no compressors.

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: Mike
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

"TWO pumps bad"
I have a split system and I had to replace both units less then one year apart. My havac guy suggest Gibson and told me they were great units. I had an issue with both a year into the first and six months into the second. The fans on the out door unit hums and will not start to turn. No one can tell me why. I have spen 10,000 on the units and instalation along with service calls, I am ready to rip them out and return them for another brand.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: Guy Hepler
Location: Rustburg, VA

"Gibson heat pump"
I have had constant problems not cooling properly & very noisey compressor we cannot sit on our porch because of the noise. I have the 10 year parts and labor contract, I don't know if it was worth it.I have 1 room that is either to hot or to cold and the unit does not handle it like the other rooms. I have 2 units, 1 Trane and this new Gibson. No problems with the Trane. When installed they did not install a new drip pan under tne handler and the old one has a rusted hole. I am trying to have them replace it. They said they would, still waiting. Then compressor clanks when it clicks on runs loud and a clunk when it clicks off. very annoying. They have replaced the coil in the handler, and had to speed up the fan to get air to the other room which helps but does not solve the problem. Do you have a representive in this area that can talk to me about this problem. Do you have another dealer in this area that can take over my account and solve my problems? I was told by the dealer that this Gibson is the best on the market and far better than the Trane and because of the 10 yr contract I agreed to go with the Gibson at his recommendation. Prove to me he was right.He also sells Trane.

Date created: 2009-01-21 Name: J Swann
Location: Signal Mountain, TN

"Homeowner"
Have just had blower motor replaced; then outdoor fan motor bearings , so new outdoor fan motor; then reversing valve and cylanoid (sp?) replaced; all of this in the past 2 weeks and unit is still a solid block of ice blowing in cool air!!! I now owe $416.00 in labor and still have no heat!!! Suggestions????

Date created: 2009-01-16 Name: John
Location: Maryland

"John"
I'm a HVAC contractor and installed a Gibson 2 1/2 ton heat pump in my own home have had it for 4 years and on purpose did every thing I could to neglect it havent serviced it at all I run it with out filters and have no covers on the out door control panel. The unit has never broke down or ever gave me a mins problem. Most of what I'm seeing on here is complaints and they come back to the people who install the equipment.

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: David Pinkerton
Location: Fleetwood, PA

"Very loud"
Would never buy a Gibson again very very very very noisy

Date created: 2008-11-24 Name: Bob Williams
Location: State College, PA

"Fan comes off"
Have a 13 Seer Gibson heat Pump, bought with new house in 2007. Heat pump worked great for 14 months, then the outdoor unit fan came off and shredded my outdoor coil. Gibson replaced with new outdoor unit (had to pay $160) and offered the new 10 year warranty on the entire system. Heatpump has been working great since, and is much quieter than the "old" system