Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: Teresa Tibbs
Location: Carlisle, KY

"Homeowner"
I bought a Gibson heating and cooling unit made by Nordyne five months ago I have had the contractor and factory tech out seven times already nothing has been fixed properly they do a quick fix to get it running at the time and leave, three of the times they have left me without heat at all for as high as a week. I thought I was purchasing the most high tech and cost efficent model sold but that was a lie also my electric bill is $1500.00 a month. I have told all neighbors and friends never to buy anything made by this company it is a ripoff.

Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: H. Hargis
Location: Adams, Tn

"Gibson Heat and Cooling unit"
Three words for Gibson "unit is Suck"

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: Keith S
Location: Snipesville, Ga

"Self contained h/p"
Ive had this junk 5 yrs and in 4 mnths the warranty will be up. Junk is blowing cold air as i type this so i run em/heat to warm the place. Im sure thats pulling more amps. Calling my old schoolmate that installed it (has co. in Douglas) to see if i can swap for Carrier. DO NOT BUY A GIBSON!!!! Pure junk and thats all there is to it. So mad im ready to commit murder!

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Scott
Location: Nashville, TN

"Gibson"
I have been using the Gibson Heat pump for nearly 10 years now. I have had numeous problems with it since the first year. Electric bills are high and the house is never warmer than 65 degrees no matter how long the thing runs

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Ken B.
Location: Alabama

"Piece of junk"
Don't waste your money, have to replace unit after 6 years and is nothing but a money pit.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: C. Colson
Location: FL

"Cyntimental"
GIBSON! BAD!

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: C. Colson
Location: Florida

"Sentimental."
I have one word to describe Gibson. Junk. The unit I have is less than 7 years old and I have lived in my house for less than a year and I have had to have it repaired twice already. Do not buy Gibson. I had a Heil installed in my previous home and it did a very good job heating and cooling. I would recommend a Heil.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Kathy Sullins
Location: warsaw mo

"Homeowner"
I bought this system 4 years ago and every fall early winter it goes out they have to replace a part same one. I have to call someone 36 miles away for service .

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: DMW
Location: Central Florida

"NO PROBLEMS AT ALL"
Two years ago I had our Gibson 3 ton, 16 seer, variable speed heatpump/ac unit installed. I did read all the reviews at the time and was a little nervous about this brand. My very well trusted AC contractor ( in business for 10+ years) assured me that most of the problems were due to improper install or improper venting. He has had a Gibson in his home problem free for many years and sells multiple manufacture brands through his company. He assured me that he has no more problems with Gibson than any other brand and I trusted him. ( Due to our long term relationship, past honesty and his obvious pride in his workmanship) We have had our Gibson 2+ years with absolutely no problems or complaints. We live in Central Florida so the unit runs non stop 8 months out of the year.... Maybe it is the poor installation causing many poor reviews and complaints on this site

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: s collier
Location: al

"2 years old and junk!"
2 years old, outside unit fan is out. Heat has never worked very well, its total junk in my mind! With 4 kids we do not have another couple thousand dollars around to replace AC.