Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Ken B.
Location: Alabama

"Piece of junk"
Don't waste your money, have to replace unit after 6 years and is nothing but a money pit.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: C. Colson
Location: FL

"Cyntimental"
GIBSON! BAD!

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: C. Colson
Location: FL

"Cyntimental"
I have one word to describe GIBSON. JUNK. The unit I have is less than 7 years old and I have lived in my house for less than a year and I have had to have it repaired twice already. DO NOT BUY GIBSON. I had a Heil installed in my previous home and it did a very good job heating and cooling. I would recommend a Heil.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Kathy Sullins
Location: warsaw mo

"Homeowner"
I bought this system 4 years ago and every fall early winter it goes out they have to replace a part same one. I have to call someone 36 miles away for service .

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: DMW
Location: Central Florida

"NO PROBLEMS AT ALL"
Two years ago I had our Gibson 3 ton, 16 seer, variable speed heatpump/ac unit installed. I did read all the reviews at the time and was a little nervous about this brand. My very well trusted AC contractor ( in business for 10+ years) assured me that most of the problems were due to improper install or improper venting. He has had a Gibson in his home problem free for many years and sells multiple manufacture brands through his company. He assured me that he has no more problems with Gibson than any other brand and I trusted him. ( Due to our long term relationship, past honesty and his obvious pride in his workmanship) We have had our Gibson 2+ years with absolutely no problems or complaints. We live in Central Florida so the unit runs non stop 8 months out of the year.... Maybe it is the poor installation causing many poor reviews and complaints on this site

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: s collier
Location: al

"2 years old and junk!"
2 years old, outside unit fan is out. Heat has never worked very well, its total junk in my mind! With 4 kids we do not have another couple thousand dollars around to replace AC.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: Scott Jacobsen

"Great so far"
We have had a Gibson heat pump for two 1/2 years now and have had no problems. Cools great in summer and heats well in the winter. We do have electric back up for heat.

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: D. McManus

"Gibson problems"
1 year old: The heating works fine. The a/c is horrible. Since the beginning, it's been nothing but problems. The darn thing shuts off & doesn't cool. The inside unit runs & runs & blows hot air, but the outside condenser sucks. After 1 year & $4,200 I'm finally calling in a technician & fear what he'll tell me. I thought I was being proactive getting a new unit, even though it was working okay, as my other one was 17 years old. Thought I'd be saving energy costs with a newer unit as well. What a mistake! The installer (since retired) told me it was a timing issue if it ran too long, it would shut off outside. But that is not the case. Frequently, I come home to a broiling hot house because it has shut off. Now I'm smelling burning plastic, too. Never, ever buy a Gibson! If there was a lower rating than 'very unsatisfied', I'd give it that!

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: Faye
Location: Alabama

"Unsatisfied"
My gas heat/ac is barely a year old. I set the temp on 76 - part of the house is 76 and part is 80+. When the unit cuts on, it's very loud and when it cuts off sounds like you threw a hand full of wrenches in it. The best part the guy I bought it from can't be found - he turned his phone off. I tried to contact him through his Mom and he never called back. I need it checked or repaired. His friend (my remodeler) insisted on buying from him saying it was one of the best units, etc. I had a Trane but was too small for the addition I had put on to the house. The Trane was not this loud. With the Gibson, the house is either too cold or too hot. Not happy in Alabama.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: Jeff Parker

"Less than five years old"
We replaced our Heil unit about 4 and a half years ago with a Gibson Combo unit. Since having it installed, we have had to have it repaired every year. Now, the tech says we need the switching valve replaced to the tune of $800. What happened to quality?