Consumer Reviews of GIBSON heat pumps

Read more about GIBSON heat pumps

Date created: 2011-10-18 Name: Ray R.
Location: gaithersburg, MD.

"STILL RUNNING!!!!"
I own a Gibson GQ6SD-X30K heat pump and air handler units. I haven't got any issues with these systems, they work great year around. The only thing I replace every month is the air filter, we service the systems twice a year for a minimum cost and clean around the units from time to time. Its been almost 8 years, and they look and work great, I recommended Gibson for a long years of work and comfort in your home. Ah also look for a good technician who loves to do its job, so you will have a good installation.

Date created: 2011-10-14 Name: Jim DeHoff
Location: Lawrence,Kansas

"Heat pump"
I have never had a unit that is such a piece of total junk. It does nor run for more than a month at a time, does not cool or heat. Has had more leaks in the unit than I can count. What ever you do, do not buy a Gibson heat pump DT4BF-036K.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: B. Frye

"2.5 ton split system heat pump"
Own a gibson2.5 split system for les thena year and two major part have gone out have waited 4 weeks for a new air compresser and dont no for how long we will wait for this part. But to be less then a year old and have these two major parts go out, on a brand new unit is faulty workmanship. I would never purchase a gibson anything again. Or anything with Nordyne they have thee worst customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: A. Pettit
Location: Virginia

"JUNK! Do not buy Gibson!"
Wow, I thought it was only me that was furious with Gibson but I guess not. My unit was less than 2 years old when the problems began. Freezing cold in the winter (with a $700 electric bill) and hot as fire in the summer. Perhaps it was the original technicians but I have had 3 separate heating and air companies work on this unit and they can't all be wrong. First problem was outside leaking valves. Luckily, the part was under warranty but the labor was still $500. Then, I come home one spring day and my upstairs is about 85 degrees (set on 72). Techs come over and tells me I have freon leaking and needs to be replaced. Winter comes, freezing cold, so they check and another valve is broken. And now, spring of this year, broken again because of leaks in the coil. Not even 6 weeks later, they have to come back and find leaks in the coil and I need to replace the coil or air handler ($2,000). Now they are here working and just checked the outside unit and said the compressor valves are leaking and it could be another $600......Gibson will be hearing from me. We spent $8000-$10,000 on the original units and now another $2500 to fix the mess. Not happy with Gibson!!

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Brian
Location: Virginia

"Wouldnt trade my Gibson!"
Hello all... I would like to throw my 2 cents out there. My friend is a licensed and registered installer. He told me that alot of times folks have issues with systems cause they are not installed properly. I have the funds to put in any system I wanted...I chose the Gibson 13 seer heat pump. I have had in house now for 2 years going on 3. I have not had any issues what so ever! In fact it is quieter, heats and coold quicker and even cheaper on my monthly electric bill. So instead of getting upset with unit...do a check on your installer! He has told me horror storys on units that was installed incorrectly on various brands..(leaking, non-matching air handler..etc). That is KEY in a properly functioned system. In fact...I am now getting ready to replace the upstairs unit and I will be going with the 15 seer Gibson. So....please make sure the unit is properly installed and do a REVIEW on installer and I think your reviews/results would be different.

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: K. Klassen
Location: Richmond, VA

"Piece of junk"
Had a 15 SEER Gibson heat pump installed in 1/2010 and has never worked right. Have had the installer here several times over the winter and never has it warmed our house over 65 degrees. They just keep checking everything and saying nothing is wrong. Now that it's 95 degrees outside, it's not cooling either. We thought we'd buy a great, efficient heat pump but we'd go back to a York anyday. We had a brand new, cheaper York installed the previous year on our 2nd floor and it works FANtastic-never a problem. Should have stuck with it!

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: Teresa Tibbs
Location: Carlisle, KY

"Homeowner"
I bought a Gibson heating and cooling unit made by Nordyne five months ago I have had the contractor and factory tech out seven times already nothing has been fixed properly they do a quick fix to get it running at the time and leave, three of the times they have left me without heat at all for as high as a week. I thought I was purchasing the most high tech and cost efficent model sold but that was a lie also my electric bill is $1500.00 a month. I have told all neighbors and friends never to buy anything made by this company it is a ripoff.

Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: H. Hargis
Location: Adams, Tn

"Gibson Heat and Cooling unit"
Three words for Gibson "unit is Suck"

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: Keith S
Location: Snipesville, Ga

"Self contained h/p"
Ive had this junk 5 yrs and in 4 mnths the warranty will be up. Junk is blowing cold air as i type this so i run em/heat to warm the place. Im sure thats pulling more amps. Calling my old schoolmate that installed it (has co. in Douglas) to see if i can swap for Carrier. DO NOT BUY A GIBSON!!!! Pure junk and thats all there is to it. So mad im ready to commit murder!

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Scott
Location: Nashville, TN

"Gibson"
I have been using the Gibson Heat pump for nearly 10 years now. I have had numeous problems with it since the first year. Electric bills are high and the house is never warmer than 65 degrees no matter how long the thing runs