Consumer Reviews of Fujitsu heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Fujitsu heat pumps

Date created: 2019-05-14 Name: Mr. R
Location: Hawaii

"Fujitsu Split AC"
Installed a 8 zone split system 5 years ago with 4 separate condenser units 2 single , 1 dual, 1 quad. I have had 17 , (yes you read it right 17) service calls and have spent close to $5000 on top of all the parts and labor covered in the warranty. This included completely replacing the whole condenser unit on the quad. The units blew cold for the first year and then it has been non stop service calls at least every 3 months for the last 4 years. The installer has done their best to upkeep and repair a completely faulty product.I Spent hours trying to file a complaint with Fujitsu usa and documenting all my warranties and serial numbers and got nothing but “pass the buck” stonewalling. To be fair they are so inundated with complaints it really is in surmountable for the employees. Fujitsu is absolute junk and there needs to be a class action suit to protect consumers from this faulty product. I have 2 other friends that installed Fujitsu spilts and they have had the exact same problem. I will likely have to swap out the quad for a Mitsubishi to the tune of $12000 now because the new one isn’t blowing cold after less tan a year. You get what you pay for, spend the extra for Mitsubishi or Carrier. Class action suit time Fujitsu!

Date created: 2019-03-17 Name: R BOUCHER
Location: Bathurst nb

"Break piece warranty cover vary from dealer"
Broke door call not on warranty call another dealer is on warranty
Date created: 2018-12-14 Name: Bonita J Robinson
Location: Pennsylvania

"Think before buying"
There was a surge that blew out some of my electricity in late November 2018, including my Fujitsu unit. I proceeded to report it to Johnson's Heating & Air Conditioning, operating out of Norwin, PA, and it took over a month for them to fix; initially bringing the wrong component that needed to be replaced. When finally that component was replaced, the unit still did not operate. So, then, God forbid you should have a surge, as there is no surge protection built into these units. I am confined to using my electric baseboard hit once again, with $1000+ electric bills. Waste of money.
Date created: 2018-12-06 Name: Scott P.
Location: Kentucky

"Buyer Beware!!"
Buyer beware!!!! Fujitsu is junk!! I purchased an indoor mini-split for the storage room above my garage in 2014. Each winter I continually got the a1 temp discharge error code and had to have the unit serviced. After dealing with the nightmare of Fujitsu’s customer service I was finally able to get them to agree to replace the unit in January 2018. But I had to pay the difference in cost between my old unit and the new one as well as pay the installation cost. That was about $700 out of pocket on top of the service calls I had over the years. My new unit was installed March 2018 and within a week I had an A1 temp discharge error and had to have serviced. I made it thru the summer and most of the fall and here in December when the cold snaps, “Bang!!!”. Here we go again. Another A1 temp discharge error. I am now replacing the unit with a traditional unit and will never use one of these again.
Date created: 2018-08-02 Name: Thomas Haffner
Location: Gilgo Beach, NY

"Unsatisfactory"
Three times in five years, the pcb computer board has failed on both of my units with, no help from the manufacturer.
Date created: 2018-06-21 Name: pneblett
Location: Tennessee

"Run don't walk from Fujitsu"
When the system works it is quiet and efficient. I have had multiple leaks, replaced a fan motor, and had 3 inside coils leak and be replaced. Fujitsu customer service was of no help. They certify installers and then blame all the problems on them and then give you no help getting it repaired. Getting information about error codes and repairs is extremely difficult. I spent thousands of dollars on service on a unit in 4 1/2 years on an expensive system I thought would be good. I am very disappointed in this Fujitsu unit. I advise you to run from Fujitsu ac products.
Date created: 2018-06-15 Name: ward porath
Location: Stacy, MN

"RUN from this manufacturer!!!!!"
Installed unit, turned on for heat and the compressor shorted out in less than 1 hour. Warranty replaced outdoor unit in spring, turned on ac and unit shorted out condenser fan and control board in less than 1 day. Complete junk!! Tech support takes hours to reach and then you're treated like a child. Highly recommend any other brand split system or else!!!!!
Date created: 2018-04-21 Name: S Lace
Location: New Zealand

"Do not buy Fujitsu"
Despite being regularly attended to by a service firm (cleaning) my Fujitsu heat pump failed within about 3 years of purchase . Fujitsu and it's agents were unable to diagnose which part of their machine had failed. Useless. The other (older) heat pump in my office, a Panasonic works perfectly. With no help from Fujitsu offered in my predicament I replaced the failed unit with another Panasonic which performs well.
Date created: 2018-04-06 Name: Jerry Forsyth
Location: Cedartown, GA

"Do Not Buy from Fujitsu"
I purchased a Fujitsu Mini-Split heat pump in the fall of 2016. In January of 2018 it ceased working and I have been without it now for 2 1/2 months during the coldest weather of the year and Fujitsu has shown no interest in repairing or replacing the unit. In fact, they have continuously lied to my dealer and myself about how long it would take to repair and now for weeks they have lied about shipping it back to me, saying it is shipped when it has not. This in no way reflects on my local dealer, Haynes Heating and Air. Haynes has gone out of their way to help me and is being misled just as I am. I should have been more careful. I thought that by doing business with a Japanese company that I was assured of doing business with people who are honorable and ethical. But when my unit broke I discovered that the ‘warranty’ only covers parts, not labor. I wish I had seen that before I bought, It would have frightened me off. Luckily, there has been lots of labor involved here and Haynes is eating all those charges, even though they do not have to do so. But Fujitsu has been of zero help, and they will tell Haynes whatever they have to just to get them off the phone. They have had the unit in their shop at Fujitsu for all this time because they could not figure out what to do to fix it in the field. And now they have been saying for three weeks that it is shipping when it isn’t. And they had the nerve to say that they were ‘backed up’ and that is the reason they took so long. Customer Service does not allow for this. Honor would demand that they replace the unit if they could not fix it in a reasonable amount of time. You just do not take a customer’s heat source from them in the middle of winter and act like it is unimportant to get it back to them. Mini-Splits are great. But choose your manufacturer very carefully. Make certain you do business with honest, honorable people who understand the value of a good reputation. I did not do that. I did business with Fujitsu and have lived to regret it. Don’t repeat my mistake. Fujitsu has just reported that my unit has once again ‘shipped’. We shall see. I will update this post with more details when and if the unit arrives and can be made to work. I am not optimistic.
Date created: 2018-01-25 Name: Dom D.
Location: Waterville, ME

"Happy with split heat pump"
We bought this unit just before the deep freeze Dec. 26th 2017 in Maine. Temps dropped to below -23 F. People told us it would provide heat up to and below -26 and down to -30. I must say it had no problem keep the heat at or around 70 degrees. Received our first electric bill it averaged along with the cost of the routine electricity approximately $6.00 a day. This is much less then what we would have paid for oil which most people I talked to burned 4 plus gallons a day at a cost from $2.70 to $3.00 a gallon. Since the temperature has moderated, the cost is 2/3 what it was the last period. I didn't mention my house is 1300 sq ft. Which was built in 1956, it is an open concept, the back bedrooms during the cold period were a few degrees lower. As the temperature moderated it was the same all over the house.