Consumer Reviews of Fujitsu heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Fujitsu heat pumps

Date created: 2018-04-21 Name: S Lace
Location: New Zealand

"Do not buy Fujitsu"
Despite being regularly attended to by a service firm ( cleaning ) my Fujitsu heat pump failed within about 3 years of purchase . Fujitsu and it's agents were unable to diagnose which part of their machine had failed. Useless. The other ( older ) heat pump in my office , a Panasonic works perfectly . With no help from Fujitsu offered in my predicament I replaced the failed unit with another Panasonic which performs well .

Date created: 2018-04-06 Name: Jerry Forsyth
Location: Cedartown, GA

"Do Not Buy from Fujitsu"
I purchased a Fujitsu Mini-Split heat pump in the fall of 2016. In January of 2018 it ceased working and I have been without it now for 2 1/2 months during the coldest weather of the year and Fujitsu has shown no interest in repairing or replacing the unit. In fact, they have continuously lied to my dealer and myself about how long it would take to repair and now for weeks they have lied about shipping it back to me, saying it is shipped when it has not. This in no way reflects on my local dealer, Haynes Heating and Air. Haynes has gone out of their way to help me and is being misled just as I am. I should have been more careful. I thought that by doing business with a Japanese company that I was assured of doing business with people who are honorable and ethical. But when my unit broke I discovered that the ‘warranty’ only covers parts, not labor. I wish I had seen that before I bought, It would have frightened me off. Luckily, there has been lots of labor involved here and Haynes is eating all those charges, even though they do not have to do so. But Fujitsu has been of zero help, and they will tell Haynes whatever they have to just to get them off the phone. They have had the unit in their shop at Fujitsu for all this time because they could not figure out what to do to fix it in the field. And now they have been saying for three weeks that it is shipping when it isn’t. And they had the nerve to say that they were ‘backed up’ and that is the reason they took so long. Customer Service does not allow for this. Honor would demand that they replace the unit if they could not fix it in a reasonable amount of time. You just do not take a customer’s heat source from them in the middle of winter and act like it is unimportant to get it back to them. Mini-Splits are great. But choose your manufacturer very carefully. Make certain you do business with honest, honorable people who understand the value of a good reputation. I did not do that. I did business with Fujitsu and have lived to regret it. Don’t repeat my mistake. Fujitsu has just reported that my unit has once again ‘shipped’. We shall see. I will update this post with more details when and if the unit arrives and can be made to work. I am not optimistic.

Date created: 2018-01-25 Name: Dom D.
Location: Waterville, ME

"Happy with split heat pump"
We bought this unit just before the deep freeze Dec. 26Th 2017 in Maine. Temps dropped to below -23 F. People told us it would provide heat up to and below -26 and down to -30. I must say it had no problem keep the heat at or around 70 degrees. Received our first electric bill it averaged along with the cost of the routine electricity approximately $6.00 a day. This is much less then what we would of paid for oil which most people I talked to burned 4 plus gallons a day at a cost from $2.70 to @3.00 a gallon. Since the temperature have moderated, the cost is 2/3 what it was the last period. I didn't mention my house is 1300 sq ft. Which was built in 1956, it is an open concept, the back bedrooms during the cold period were a few degrees lower. As the temperature moderated it was the same all over the house.

Date created: 2017-05-22 Name: John P. Gorman
Location: Norfolk, VA

"Minisplit voltage warning!"
Buyers need to understand that Japanese/Korean built mini splits have written 208-230 volt operating parameters (+/-) 10%. U.S.A. voltage is 240 (not 220--look it up!). So if installed with 240 volts, you are already outside the normal limits. Motors do not mind this, but the "computer- like" circuitry in the unit does not. Some over-voltage protection is installed, but frequent power fluctuations can "wear out" the protection. Solution; install a step down transformer plus voltage monitor system to protect your investment. Until you converse with engineers at your local power company, you have know knowledge of the wide range of power differences, especially during peak electrical use times. Call Fujitsu--they will tell you to install a voltage monitor system because of the U.S.A. 240 volt issue.

Date created: 2017-04-22 Name: k. imamura
Location: Sequim, WA

"Problems with Fujitsu Minisplit heat pump"
We had three, wall-mounted units installed five years ago. One of them developed a fluttering noise that four visits by the installer have not been able to fix. Now, the installer says that the only options are to live with the increasingly loud flutter or to replace the unit. The installer offered to provide the labor but won't pay for the replacement unit. The installer claims that Fujitsu will not reimburse him for the cost of the unit. It seems that Fujitsu refuses to replace units with problems and will only reimburse the installer for parts. Our unit apparently cannot be fixed, yet the installer says that Fujitsu will not pay for a replacement.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Name: James Stymest
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

"Great working heat pump"
I replaced a Samsung AQV24JAX with this unit. What a difference! The Fujitsu provides twice the heat and is so quiet compared to the Samsung. I have had absolutely no problems with the unit, unlike the Samsung, which was one problem after another. I would recommend a Fujitsu heat pump if you want good performance.

Date created: 2015-03-20 Location: Holden, ME

"All in One heating, cooling, dehumidifying."
I was skeptical when first installing these units, but there are three total in my home now and I love them! They are expensive to install but the heating costs are reduced immensely. It's also nice not having to mess with an air conditioner every spring and fall. These units quickly and effectively cool the home in the summer and can be set to remove the moisture from the air. Summers in Maine can very humid and uncomfortable. These can heat up a room in the winter perfectly without that dryness that often accompanies wood and electric heating. Timers can be set, which is helpful. There is also a powerful fan for getting a nice breeze when you want. Everything is done with a remote, too; how convenient. There were a few issues when they were first installed but these were easily fixed by the men that installed the units. One of them wasn't properly cooling the room it was in for some reason, even though they were all connected to the same outdoor unit. All in all these are a great long term investment.